HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DJO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:18 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,586 Posts
Alert
Binary 900 DLG Unboxing/Build/Flight

Yo everybody -

I recently ordered the Binary 900 DLG kit from Hobby King with 3 servos and an RX pack. I'll be using a BEC that I already have... I can't wait to build this one for a second time! My first one unfortunately met its demise in a tree, so I won't be flying this one that's coming in the mail in my backyard. It should be getting here by the end of next week, and you can definitely bet that I'll be putting up lots of videos on it!

I'm hoping to get an unboxing video too, and lots of build videos on what I did to get it ready to fly.

...so stay tuned and get updates by subscribing to my channel HERE... I'm really excited to get back into DLG, and for about $170 shipped this wasn't a bad deal at all. I'm hoping to maiden it by spring once it gets warmer and thermals start coming out. But I can always test fly it before then

Thanks!

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CustomFPVSetups.com
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:10 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,687 Posts
Have fun! You should do top drive for the ailerons, and have internal pushrods! Oh btw you probably could have gotten a topsky mini for that much. But either way a dlg is a dlg, and they are really fun.
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:19 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,586 Posts
Yeah I figured I already knew what I was doing for this build so I chose the Binary. I might put the servos on top... IDK yet.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:27 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,687 Posts
Servos on top? What about the spar?
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:17 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman View Post
Servos on top? What about the spar?
The wing is foam inside and fiberglass on the outside... There is no spar, as there's also a good amount of dihedral in the wings.

Dan
RCG Plus Member