SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:16 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,755 Posts
I really want a drifter, but my cars I can play in the back yard, I'd feel silly drifting in the street. I'm 40! Flying models, don't make me feel silly enough to avoid, however. I guess cause most young kids couldn't fly them.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:52 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I really want a drifter, but my cars I can play in the back yard, I'd feel silly drifting in the street. I'm 40! Flying models, don't make me feel silly enough to avoid, however. I guess cause most young kids couldn't fly them.
I was thinking about buying a helicopter, but the problem is I think a flying object is way harder to control compares to a car.(3D vs 2D). And requires a rather larger empty space to play around, because you don't want to hit anything...
lawjie is offline Find More Posts by lawjie
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:50 AM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts

my girls avengers and monster high tamiya tt01e's
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:34 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,436 Posts
Well my TT01 showed up today It is pretty good shape even a few hop up parts included Now I just have to get a body. She is a full bearing car.The steering kit,drive-shaft and carbon brace are worth what I paid for the car $70.00 shipped. Who say's this hobby is expensive.

mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:46 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
Well my TT01 showed up today It is pretty good shape even a few hop up parts included Now I just have to get a body. She is a full bearing car.The steering kit,drive-shaft and carbon brace are worth what I paid for the car $70.00 shipped. Who say's this hobby is expensive.

oh my god. such a great deal...Congratulations!
lawjie is offline Find More Posts by lawjie
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:01 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Thats a great deal for $70.. Looks like the ones I have except for the carbon brace.. The way we run them, carbon fiber lasts only one hit.. enjoy!!! these cars handle surprisingly well as long as you don't make them too fast.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawjie View Post
oh my god. such a great deal...Congratulations!
Yea not to shabby. You have to do a little leg work sometimes .You need to find a someone with very good feedback that is the key I use paypal so you may have some protection. A lot of searching can pay off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
Thats a great deal for $70.. Looks like the ones I have except for the carbon brace.. The way we run them, carbon fiber lasts only one hit.. enjoy!!! these cars handle surprisingly well as long as you don't make them too fast.
Thanks Cen I thought so to I was surprised to find it when I had the $70.00 most of the time all I can afford to do is run up and down the street and tell everyone what a good deal that is.
I'm going to keep it brushed for a bit the ESC can handle a 2 cell lipo. I'm not going for crazy speed. I have to get a my TC3 ready to go I have an older Tekin G11 I might throw that in it for a bit . I have to finish my Tmaxx and MT2 first. Plus I just bought a plane that has a stuck carb so I'm going to be busy for the rest of the winter.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:18 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
I hear you... I don't have any current project in the works other than cleaning the basement where the shop is. The wife wants to finish the basement and we have to get rid of some stuff first. This might be the first time in years I don't have anything major going on. I have the usual maintenance stuff, but nothing more.. My son wants to build another Drone, but the last one took almost a year and I don't want to do that just yet.. We/He is still working out the kinks in that one.. Its amazing how much wiring cameras, gps, thermal sensors and computers need... And they are kind of large.. 8 foot wings.. I won't miss those getting in the way.. I might pick up another TT01, but I haven't decided on that yet. I do have another RS4 sport 2 on the way, but its pretty much complete other than the radio.. Not much of a project.. Nice thing, its never been run..
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:45 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,436 Posts
Quote:
I hear you... I don't have any current project in the works other than cleaning the basement where the shop is. The wife wants to finish the basement and we have to get rid of some stuff first. This might be the first time in years I don't have anything major going on. I have the usual maintenance stuff, but nothing more.. My son wants to build another Drone, but the last one took almost a year and I don't want to do that just yet.. We/He is still working out the kinks in that one.. Its amazing how much wiring cameras, gps, thermal sensors and computers need... And they are kind of large.. 8 foot wings.. I won't miss those getting in the way.. I might pick up another TT01, but I haven't decided on that yet. I do have another RS4 sport 2 on the way, but its pretty much complete other than the radio.. Not much of a project.. Nice thing, its never been run..
That drone project sounds cool A year project is a big undertaking. 8 feet of anything is going to be tough to store. I like the TT01 it is a nice layout.
I wouldn't mind one of those RS4's I have two of the MT2 I think they are pretty close in design. I am just about done with #2 MT2 just needs a few odds and ends. If I take the TT01 out I will start on it and I have to many projects on the bench right now. I have to stop looking at some of the carbon parts my old oval ways are starting to creep in. 3 racing makes a chassis that looks pretty good but I think I better stick with the tub. Afer all a kid is going to be driving it. I think I will spring for a set of shocks for it. The friction dampers take me back to my Lunchbox day's
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:30 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Its actually closer to 2 years according to my son if you count the ones that didn't work out.. I didn't realize the tt01 came with friction dampers, The ones I have are all regular shocks.. None of them were new, so maybe they were changed out, along with bearings... There are tons of hop up parts for these cars, but if you saw what we do to these cars you will understand why I don't bling them out.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:36 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
My TT01 came with oil shocks, some did but some didn't... just depends on the package.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:51 AM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
I just picked up a used TT01 w/ metal bearings and alloy shaft. Ordered a Flysky tx/rx, oil filled aluminum shocks and a couple alloy arms. Total cost of about $180 (cdn) so far... definitely a nice budget touring car. If you have the money later on you can upgrade the esc/motor and have quite the machine...
rexdale is offline Find More Posts by rexdale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdale View Post
I just picked up a used TT01 w/ metal bearings and alloy shaft. Ordered a Flysky tx/rx, oil filled aluminum shocks and a couple alloy arms. Total cost of about $180 (cdn) so far... definitely a nice budget touring car. If you have the money later on you can upgrade the esc/motor and have quite the machine...
True... The only thing I don't care for is the plastic used in the car. We run them very hard and these cars have a tendency to break easier than most. Other thank that parts are plentiful and very cheap. I keep kicking around a few aluminum upgrades, but I would rather replace an arm than a diff/bulkhead housing. If you are using the car for parking lot touring, aluminum will be fine.. Just not for what I do. LOL
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:55 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
My TT01 came with oil shocks, some did but some didn't... just depends on the package.
makes sense.. I got all my TT01's pre owned and they came with oil shocks and bearings. Have no idea what they were when new..
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:54 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
True... The only thing I don't care for is the plastic used in the car. We run them very hard and these cars have a tendency to break easier than most. Other thank that parts are plentiful and very cheap. I keep kicking around a few aluminum upgrades, but I would rather replace an arm than a diff/bulkhead housing. If you are using the car for parking lot touring, aluminum will be fine.. Just not for what I do. LOL
Definitely wish there was a brand like RPM for the tamiyas
rexdale is offline Find More Posts by rexdale