HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Therckid, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Brushless rc rock crawler

Hi everyone, I am looking for a rock crawler that has a brushless motor. My budget is $150-250. I have been looking and I couldn't find any. Thanks!
Therckid is offline Find More Posts by Therckid
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:46 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,111 Posts
Your not going to find any for that price range. The ESC and motor alone will run that much.

If your looking for a decent crawler in that price range I would suggest RedCat Racing. I had the 1/8th scale Rockslide and it was a blast to play with. It wasn't a comp rig but it was fun. Its $290 so a little out of your price range. But the rockslide RS10 is only $220 and still a fun crawler.
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shooting my AR pistol
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Rc rock crawler

I was looking at that one ( the redcat rockslide rs10), and it looks great and I am seriously considering buying it. My only worry is about matinence. I have read a lot about brushed motors and they apparently are very hard to maintain. Is it true? Any tips on how to maintain them and how often to change the brushes, etc. Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Therckid is offline Find More Posts by Therckid
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:00 AM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,111 Posts
I never had a problem with brushed crawler motors. A little machine oil on the bushings/bearings every once in a while keeps them running great. I only had to replace brushes on one of my brushed motors but it was a high speed(high RPM) motor used for racing and even then I only had to replace them once every 5 or 6 months racing every weekend. On crawlers the brushes wear at a much slower rate as the motors are running at a slow speed.
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shooting my AR pistol