SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:59 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Steve0,

Calm down for a bit.. There's a lot of guys here that like you and have helped you too. We've had nothing to do with your problem at Hobby King and neither did RCG.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:06 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Theres no reasoning with this guy, maybe he's just a young kid and hasnt learned to deal with the real world yet. With age comes wisdom and tolerance, or it should anyway, but this is just another indicator of the "entitled" generation we have out here now. Bunch of cry babies IMO...

Playing with LEGO's might be a better hobby for some...
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:13 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
EBay...........I'm sure greed runs healthy there too, but eBay, they are the only people that have treated me like they value me as a customer. Everywhere else they find some way to screw you with every wrong step, or even right step you take.
Evercopter4 is offline Find More Posts by Evercopter4
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:13 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Theres no reasoning with this guy, maybe he's just a young kid and hasnt learned to deal with the real world yet. With age comes wisdom and tolerance, or it should anyway, but this is just another indicator of the "entitled" generation we have out here now. Bunch of cry babies IMO...

Playing with LEGO's might be a better hobby for some...
You go boy, don't want to steal your gig
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:22 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evercopter4 View Post
You go boy, don't want to steal your gig
I thought you were leaving

Not gonna suck me into your little tantrum boy, bet on it.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:02 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
I have no tolerance for people that justify everything wrong by passing the buck and saying, "THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS,IT'S THE OTHER GUY."

YOU are the reason it is the way it is!
Keep it up and it WILL STAY the way it is
Hammer -> computer. Go to local hobby shop. Problem solved.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Jan 27, 2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: P.S. - Get some sleep also
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:33 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,733 Posts
Evercopter4 : Your not the first one to complain about hobbyking. Many-Many threads on the topic in all rc forums. I have even had a couple problems with them in the past. But i continue on with them none the less because their pro's outweigh their cons.
When it comes to hobbyking. You just have to be real careful of what you buy, How you buy it, And when you buy it. All this is really no big deal. So ease back, relax And stick around.
It could be worse. I knew a guy who got screwed hard on $700 worth of batteries from Hk, And another that took 3 months to get his 600 size heli order correct. Customer service is not high on their priority list. So it Again just goes back to what, when , And how when it comes to hk. I personally only order from their U.S.A warehouse.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:32 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,442 Posts
Really if the credit Paypal, just use the money now in Paypal to pay for the order you want. That should not cost you any additional money in fee's. When the credit comes in it should be the entire amount with no fee's.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
The prob is that they could have easily fixed this but incompetent worker + impetent policy= BS!
If there is one thing I hate dealing with it's companies that have impetent policies. Horrible!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:27 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,108 Posts
Aaaaah the instant payment !

Lets examine for a moment ...

You make a paypal purchase , paypal processes order , send request to PP fund'er [ Bank - credit card ] now it takes time for the Fund'er to process said request - make sure its not false etc - money is forwarded to PP who does not pay instantly , PP holds the funds for a certain amount of time [ again to protect against fraud ] which is then forwarded to the seller of goods ..

Now the seller needs to process the refund - [ Can they do it before funds are passed to them ? I dont know = ASK PAYPAL ] anyhow ... The refund process would then be

Paypal holds funds for ? time [ yes they earn interest from this ] then your fund'er is credited , and the money once again made available to you ...

Its not instant - never has been - Credit card companies delay payment to protect against fraud , PP delays payment to protect against fraud , as well may the bank .

If you get stuff sent instantly , then there is a certain amount of trust involved ..

Popular some time ago [ fraud ] was people buying stuff through PP funded with credit card , and they would cancel the transaction at the credit card end .. And it took time - and the goods purchased would be well on there way to the crook .

So now , there are delays and checks to protect everyone ..
Instant payment = sure , if you pay in cash !
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:24 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Here's a video with the Founder & Owner of Hobby King. Interesting... It's not who you think it would be. There's two parts.

Flite Test - Anthony Hand Interview Part 1 - INTERVIEW (10 min 53 sec)
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
interesting, I never knew what the guy looked like before. pretty young. Noted the issue about postage in the US. I haven't seen extremely high rates for postage from them since getting US based stuff. I don't begrudge any company making profit off of the shipping (it's also handling charges too). Boxes, bubble wrap,tape, and the person who has to pull it and wrap it etc. The issue is how much. Some of the Hong Kong postage is just to high.

Best part of the video....the infinity pool.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:13 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
RCG I do not want to edit, I mean every word I say.

Just go ahead an close this account, I do not want to be on RCG
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:20 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,733 Posts
Lmao...And why were we giving this guy advice ? such a waste of time on some ppl.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:22 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
RCG I do not want to edit, I mean every word I say.

Just go ahead an close this account, I do not want to be on RCG
O it's not that bad. I rant every once in a while and mean every word I say to this day. Still haven't been banned. Chill out and stop ranting, that would help though.

Choose your battles and where to fight them. Why fight over 'pocket change' when you knew you were going into the mouth of the beast? When you found out you were inconvenienced, OH MY GOD. This is the worst situation EVER! -> I am going to wreck my account and let everyone know.

TTYL
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Jan 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: NoScript messin up my paramagrafs