SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:27 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,431 Posts
The Corsair is faster and better handling then my FW 190. My 190 still has its landing gear and my friends Corsair's landing gear is holding up well. On landing gear a lot depends on how smoothly you grease your landings as to how well they hold up. My Corsair is scheduled to be delivered today. As my friend Dan said. "I don't care how many planes you have, this one handles so well you can't help but want one." He was right. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:24 AM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,650 Posts
Michael -

So many aspects of this Corsair are a cut above the usual.

When winter lets go of it's grip here (pretty serious this month), hope to maiden mine. The airplane is quite true in scale too. Wing loading is the same as my first trainer (RCM Basic Trainer) back in the early '70s!
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Last edited by gnats82; Mar 01, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:34 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,431 Posts
The fuselage is actually longer than a true scale plane but it really helps with the handling. I yield to better flying characteristics on situations like this. I have enjoyed seeing multiple flights. First at the Arizona Electric Festival and then with my friend Dick here in Stockton. Dr Dave's official review is delayed by the weather you are having back there. Today it is sunny, completely calm with a high in the low 70s today. But back to work. Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:49 AM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,650 Posts
Michael,

According to my drawings from Vought, it is virtually spot on in fuselage measurements to scale, especially the distance from wing t.e. to stab joint at the fuse.

Doesn't matter though, drawings are known to vary incrementally to one another..It appears that that the incidences are quite scale too giving that true Corsair appeal. Helps it fly 'tail-high' as the real thing does.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:25 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,607 Posts
Any more flight reports yet?
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:46 AM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee View Post
Any more flight reports yet?
Post #16 is a great testimonial. Did you miss it?
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:32 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,607 Posts
Hi,

Yep, saw it. I'd like to hear more opinions from current owners before committing to buy this model. That's why I asked if there were more flight reports as opposed to just the one previously posted.

There are lots of Corsair choices in this size range. Also, there does not seem to be a lot of buzz yet on this model yet.

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:56 AM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,650 Posts
micky -

Another thread running here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...?t=1769940(you probably already know) but not a lot up on this one yet, I think due to the time of year and weather.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:41 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee View Post
Hi,

Yep, saw it. I'd like to hear more opinions from current owners before committing to buy this model. That's why I asked if there were more flight reports as opposed to just the one previously posted.

There are lots of Corsair choices in this size range. Also, there does not seem to be a lot of buzz yet on this model yet.

Mickydee
I would go for the Dynam Corsair. It's cheaper and a great flyer too!
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:28 AM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield View Post
I would go for the Dynam Corsair. It's cheaper and a great flyer too!
For sure the Dynam is a good value, very tempting to hoard Corsairs with the good choices.!! It's fairly common for a lot of users to have the 3 cell 2200ma size of batteries on hand already for this Flyzone example, a plus for it's economy.
Last edited by gnats82; Mar 03, 2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added content...
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:09 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,493 Posts
The perfect 'foamie' ( not sure I like that word so much it sounds like a put down) warbird just hasn't being built...yet. No matter which corsair you choose there will be some aspects to it which are 'wrong'. Doesn't mean it won't look like a corsair or fly well it's just that it could have been 'better'. Whatever, it will never be real and only a model. So....to me anyhow it comes down to just how bad or good it is to start with and what's involved to fix it. With this plane there are 3 things that disappoint somewhat. The tailwheel doesn't retract...the prop isn't a 3 blade and there's no flaps. Everything else appears fantastic. the landing gear in particular is in a class of it's own.
So far from what I've seen ( best to go to the other thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...?t=1769940(you) only the flaps need looking into. Once that's done IMO this plane, for it's size, is right up there in the nearly perfect category. It would be perfect if given a RNZAF livery.
Kaikokid is online now Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Jul 28, 2013, 01:34 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,431 Posts
I had to post that I ordered another one of these this morning as I got an e-mail advertisement from Tower Hobbies that they are selling this as a combo with the normal price of the Tx-R $229.98 they give you a free TTX650 Tactic transmitter which is a value at $150.00 regular price. I have reviewed the transmitter and it is a great parkflyer transmitter with 20 model memory. I have my Corsair and transmitter and the ones I bought will be for a club raffle. If you have been thinking about getting this plane. Now is the time with this deal. Mike Heer
PS: I am not employed in the hobby business. I am an independent reviewer and author but this deal was just too good not to share with my fellow E Zone members.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:45 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,986 Posts
Thanks Mike,, I had just ordered the 650 with 2 free rx's for $129 after $20 coupon with free shipping when I noticed your post. I sent the radio back when ups arrived at my door and ordered the Corsair/Radio combo for $204 after $25 coupon also with free shipping. So I actually got the plane for $75,,,, Not a bad deal
Now sure there is only one rx with this deal but they give a $15 rebate gift card with it so that almost covers a 2nd rx.
race58 is offline Find More Posts by race58
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:23 PM
no catchy phrase
United States, AK, Wasilla
Joined Feb 2013
192 Posts
Ok I'll bite,
I bought mine around March I think………I pretty much fly mine every other day twice a day since June. I love this plane, it is a great plane, not that I have a lot of recent experience, I almost prefer flying this plane to my FMS 1450 P-51 BBD. I know it is like comparing apples to oranges, but still I am very found of this plane. Handles great, it is pretty fast given the size of the motor and really doesn't have any bad habits. Now granted I don't fly balls out or any thing, but if you are a speed demon it will still make you happy.
rcplanenoob78 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanenoob78