HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

First Sighting: The Flyzone Corsair with Rotating Retracts And Closing Doors

At the Arizona Electric Festival, what should appear? But a 48.5 inch wingspan Corsair with miniature rotating retracts and operating wheel bay doors, too!

Splash

Introduction

At last year's AEF we had a first sighting of the Micro Sabre Jet. This year it was the new Flyzone Corsair that has rotating retracts with working wheel bay doors as standard equipment. This plane is sneaky fast. One was given away as a raffle prize with radio, and the winner let out a loud shout from happy excitement when he learned what he had won. It is sold as a RTF and as Tx-R model with an AnyLink compatible receiver. One vendor sold out of the Tx-R version they were selling after people saw this plane fly. A full review is Coming Soon to E Zone, but for now I hope you enjoy this first sighting from the AEF as much as those of us who saw it in person. I will get to see this Corsair frequently flying as my friend Dick Andersen took one home from the festival. The lucky duck! I was very tempted to get one, but I was I had already spent all my money. It is available now at fine hobby stores everywhere. I expect it will be selling very well based on the reactions of the pilots who saw it at the AEF.

Dan Landis flies the Flyzone Corsair at the Arizona Electric Festival.

Downloads

Conclusion

This new addition to Flyzone's Select Scale collection looks and flies great! It has navigation lights and working rotating retracts included on all planes. Dan was flying using the Tactic Transmitter and receiver that come with the RTF version. I look forward to learning more about the Corsair in the upcoming full review by 78dave.

Last edited by Angela H; Jan 28, 2013 at 02:18 PM..

Discussion

Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:30 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,573 Posts
Michael - Some of us are already onto this fresh, new Corsair. Thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1769940

Looking forward to the review by 78dave.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:46 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Dan,

Very nice flying and be sure to log three landing in the journal, LOL

It was cloudy in AZ?!?!

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:17 PM
How do I land this thing?
United States, IN, Warsaw
Joined Feb 2012
217 Posts
Dan's piloting sure sold that plane. Looks good, flies good, and a good price. If I was there and didn't have a corsair I probably would have bought one too.
fathergoat is offline Find More Posts by fathergoat
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:35 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,369 Posts
Clouds?
Saturday was the 7th most rainy day for a day in January in Phoenix history. Fortunately, Friday was good flying weather and I got some pictures and videos. Dan flys like a good sipping whiskey, smoooooth. Mike Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:08 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Dec 2011
64 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I had a great time out there flying the Corsair. It really is a good flying airplane.
DanLandis is offline Find More Posts by DanLandis
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:23 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLandis View Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I had a great time out there flying the Corsair. It really is a good flying airplane.
Dan, yes, it was very good display flying - looked at the video later on. Especially enjoyed the fly byes showing it banked with the underside toward the camera.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:06 PM View Post
dsfhwoiuoihsdf
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:12 AM
I'll Fly Anything...
Michigan
Joined Apr 2006
244 Posts
Dan can fly!

Gosh Dan! All these years of knowing you and I've never seen you fly!

You can fly, can't you?

Good job!

Ross

Quote:
Rosster is online now Find More Posts by Rosster
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:03 PM
Wind Powered
United States, CA, Goleta
Joined Oct 2004
538 Posts
Very nice coverage Mike. Dan....smoothest in the biz.
george@dream-flight is offline Find More Posts by george@dream-flight
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:43 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
I can't wait for better weather to be able to break out my corsair.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,454 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for providing a great prize! I've flown the heck out of it in just a few days
wyldkrd is offline Find More Posts by wyldkrd
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:44 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
The Corsair looks good. I bought the Flyzone FW-190 when it first came out and was very pleased with the scale detail. Unfourtunately the flight performance was less than pleasing and the landing gear would snap off during the take off run! I won't be buying this one!
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:51 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,573 Posts
hunting -

Really good when a factory can learn from their short comings.

They've not carried over issues from the FW-190. I wouldn't have bought one if there were any doubt. Of the choices for a Corsair in this size and price range, it holds it's own and then some. I'd been looking for an F4U -1A/D and with what had been turning up with the ParkZone version and it's landing gear issues, it was an easy choice. Plus, they really tidied up the construction with enclosed linkages and a few other details that make this one stand out.

It's not perfect, there are things that one would best make peace with as-is or repair. You must have gotten burned pretty good with disappointment over the 190 but I think you might be over-reacting as they've gotten it together with this one pretty well, i.m.o.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:50 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
454 Posts
Great looking plane in flite!
and rotating retracts??? Wow!!!
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case