HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:08 AM
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2012
175 Posts
Jello, jello, jello everywhere. I've been watching all the work being done with this problem and was wondering if a totally different strategy may be needed. Instead of tying to tighten the connection between quad and camera with lots of gel in between, what about a more loose and free swinging setup. Well I found this attempt on YouTube and thought I'd pass it along. This guy was definitely thinking "outside the box".

Wire Rope Isolator TEST footage - DJI Phantom (1 min 35 sec)

To my old eyes I don't see any jello but there is some shakiness. But this shakiness may be easier to remove with in camera stabilization or post production software stabilization.
This may not be the answer but I love the creativity.
Casperhyde is offline Find More Posts by Casperhyde
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:06 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperhyde View Post
Jello, jello, jello everywhere. I've been watching all the work being done with this problem and was wondering if a totally different strategy may be needed. Instead of tying to tighten the connection between quad and camera with lots of gel in between, what about a more loose and free swinging setup. Well I found this attempt on YouTube and thought I'd pass it along. This guy was definitely thinking "outside the box".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g1Blg5ugvo

To my old eyes I don't see any jello but there is some shakiness. But this shakiness may be easier to remove with in camera stabilization or post production software stabilization.
This may not be the answer but I love the creativity.
Its not a new idea, been used by others before and works in some applications. The video did have a lot of shake, cables maybe not tight enough.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:50 PM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jan 2012
13 Posts
Launch Bucket... lol ... Whatever works is good for sure!

I noticed (hear) what seems to be a "vibration" coming from the Phantom, is it somehow resonating (causing jello effect). ??
Skapr1 is offline Find More Posts by Skapr1
Last edited by Skapr1; Feb 03, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skapr1 View Post
Launch Bucket... lol ... Whatever works is good for sure!

I noticed (hear) what seems to be a "vibration" coming from the Phantom, is it somehow resonating (causing jello effect). ??
I know what you mean! I shredded 3 of 4 props the other day so after I took them off I ran up the Phantom with nothing on it. Luckily all seems ok, but I did notice when bringing the left controller up (such as when you gain elevation) it reached the midway point and started to vibrate quite a bit, making a very different sound then any other time in the throttle run up. It seems to have a definite resonant frequency! That has got to effect the vibration on a camera attached.
Pfreddy is offline Find More Posts by Pfreddy
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Hi guys i need help! my balance charger i accidentally insert the the red pin to the black socket and the black pin to the red socket and charged my battery(3rd party ones actually)! now i swapped back pins to charge and the balance charger is just blinking I have now unplugged my battery and dun dare to charge... what should i do now?
icube is offline Find More Posts by icube
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:42 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icube View Post
Hi guys i need help! my balance charger i accidentally insert the the red pin to the black socket and the black pin to the red socket and charged my battery(3rd party ones actually)! now i swapped back pins to charge and the balance charger is just blinking I have now unplugged my battery and dun dare to charge... what should i do now?
It's funny you asked this question. I just took my charger out of the Phantom box for the first time and plugged in the battery. I did not cross the cables but when I plugged in my battery I got nothing but flashing red lights.

3 red on the cell EQ lights and flashing red charge status. This then changes to flashing red lights on 2S and charge status.

You guys seem to be the most knowledgeable group on the phantom. Anyone else see this issue?
media301 is offline Find More Posts by media301
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
245 Posts
Did you plug the balance port in?
Price4Flight is offline Find More Posts by Price4Flight
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:45 PM
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2012
175 Posts
I don't use that charger but I did notice when I was downloading manuals from DJI they had a charger manual.
Casperhyde is offline Find More Posts by Casperhyde
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by media301 View Post
It's funny you asked this question. I just took my charger out of the Phantom box for the first time and plugged in the battery. I did not cross the cables but when I plugged in my battery I got nothing but flashing red lights.

3 red on the cell EQ lights and flashing red charge status. This then changes to flashing red lights on 2S and charge status.

You guys seem to be the most knowledgeable group on the phantom. Anyone else see this issue?
I had that exact problem out of the box. Had to return it to the shop for a new one. Never found out what was wrong with it.
IanAstles is offline Find More Posts by IanAstles
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:27 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanAstles View Post
I had that exact problem out of the box. Had to return it to the shop for a new one. Never found out what was wrong with it.
Shop I bought it from is sending me another. I went out and bought a new one on my own as well. Thanks for the info!
media301 is offline Find More Posts by media301
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:33 PM
Joined Jan 2013
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
Hi,
Where did you get the colored propellers, they're nice
I bought them from hobbyking with a bigger order, there work great for orientation!
FITandFUEL is offline Find More Posts by FITandFUEL
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:33 PM
Joined Jan 2013
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vayrus View Post
Anti vibration system. Sorbothane, moongel, carbon fiber sandwich.

The first make a carbon fiber sheet.(epoxy resin).

moongel up and carbon fiber piece

sorbothane down and carbon fiber piece.

Very cool, how is that working out?
FITandFUEL is offline Find More Posts by FITandFUEL
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:18 AM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FITandFUEL View Post
Very cool, how is that working out?
Hi, thanks!
I'm still working on stability and anti vibration on gimbsal two axis TMF g10 and more modifications.
vayrus is offline Find More Posts by vayrus
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:00 AM
Quad Pilot
Joined Jan 2013
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FITandFUEL View Post
I bought them from hobbyking with a bigger order, there work great for orientation!
Those props fit directly in Phantom shaft or need any modificación? Have a link ? Thanks.
Jumanoc is offline Find More Posts by Jumanoc
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:51 AM
United Kingdom, England, Birkenhead
Joined Dec 2012
107 Posts
I have just fitted a Futaba T8J to my phantom via the S-bus

Wheels_UK is offline Find More Posts by Wheels_UK