SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:54 AM
Joined Mar 2013
405 Posts
hi all you wonderful guys!!!
thanks for all help sorry for all the waning!
i finely have a 2.7 free of jello vids !
i made modification to my gimbal now i have sheets of foam in between carbon plates
the carbon plat that hook by screws to phantom body has moongel in between
and also the on the bottom part where you hook the gopro case(moongel)
the sandwich is stick together with a rubber bands , i also add some screw 4 of them on each carbon plate just to make a stop border for the rubber bands so they wont sldie out

the vids are 99% free jello add that a nd filter and you are good to go !!!!
100%free of jello !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

p.s balanced my groupner props and my new red motors are balaned as well.

it is possible jello free video with phantom dji
koop is online now Find More Posts by koop
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:12 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxr View Post
Looks like a lot of us in here are nubs, so I went ahead to do some research on youtube. here's a few videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoLT1ZUE7Ig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRYdArrKMVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LyqKAIDxio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6XtR7bb9jM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYqtwd4xXYo

I'll refer to these later whenever I'm cleaning
Much thanks dude, you-are-a-rockstar!
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:27 AM
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Phantom transmitter antenna upgrade

Any one try to put a different antenna on the stock transmitter to get longer range?
Bijaz is offline Find More Posts by Bijaz
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,622 Posts
I believe HGT was messing around with this modification. I poked around a bit looking for his photos but don't see them.

Hopefully he'll drop in and give his input.

-Mike
Stone1295 is online now Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:07 PM
Joined Jan 2013
69 Posts
GoPro 2-axis gimbal (from quadframe)

I received my gimbal (not the fancy-schmancy brushless) and was setting it up on my Phantom, and had some questions (from a newbie).
I bought the prebuilt model that had the servos already installed so I couldn't mess up the build. I took the settings from the recommended settings on qaudframe's website: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/013...grande.jpg?290
When I first turned it on, the roll was off quite a bit. their setting says to use 130 in Naza, but I had to use -500 to get it centered.
I assume there would be some variances, but that seemed like a big difference. should I have any concern with having to set the F1 roll like that?
Then once centered it does seem to operate as I would expect (ptich and roll based on the angle of the phantom). However, I noticed that the amount of travel went "rolling" left(if I were a little pilot in the phantom) was much greater than if I were rolling right.
When I look at the gimbal, I can see that the servo's "arm" is bumping into the mount (it's gone as far as it physically can) when rolling right.
Is this to be expected, or is there some adjustment I should be making to the servo or servo arm to provide more travel?
leatherlips is offline Find More Posts by leatherlips
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:19 PM
Ireland
Joined Mar 2013
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherlips View Post
I received my gimbal (not the fancy-schmancy brushless) and was setting it up on my Phantom, and had some questions (from a newbie).
I bought the prebuilt model that had the servos already installed so I couldn't mess up the build. I took the settings from the recommended settings on qaudframe's website: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/013...grande.jpg?290
When I first turned it on, the roll was off quite a bit. their setting says to use 130 in Naza, but I had to use -500 to get it centered.
I assume there would be some variances, but that seemed like a big difference. should I have any concern with having to set the F1 roll like that?
Then once centered it does seem to operate as I would expect (ptich and roll based on the angle of the phantom). However, I noticed that the amount of travel went "rolling" left(if I were a little pilot in the phantom) was much greater than if I were rolling right.
When I look at the gimbal, I can see that the servo's "arm" is bumping into the mount (it's gone as far as it physically can) when rolling right.
Is this to be expected, or is there some adjustment I should be making to the servo or servo arm to provide more travel?
mine is the same...it hits off on one side of the roll.
i set mine as follows

MAX CENTRE MIN
PITCH 1000 - 100 -1000
ROLL 900 150 - 475

GAIN
PITCH F2 30
ROLL F1 28

ive binned the whole thing now anyway, cause the pitch servo is

and anyway....ive a lovely viacopter brushless coming from first release.
eirlink is offline Find More Posts by eirlink
Last edited by eirlink; Apr 26, 2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 05:40 AM
Joined Mar 2013
405 Posts
take off weight

hi again,
my take off setup is about 1130g i am flying with the gopro water case, groupner 9x4, and my mount which i might can reduce some weight on it.
first is that ok ?
i orderd a 50 gr tx including cables i might get 1200g , is that ok ?
i am affrid to crash with out the case,
planing to order blur fix from srp, they have a new blur fix micro
to fly with out the case, i dont know what to buy?
srp blur fix micro or the blur fix so ?

any idia of reducing weight from the phantom ?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:39 AM
Phantom Flyer
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2013
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
hi again,
my take off setup is about 1130g i am flying with the gopro water case, groupner 9x4, and my mount which i might can reduce some weight on it.
first is that ok ?
i orderd a 50 gr tx including cables i might get 1200g , is that ok ?
i am affrid to crash with out the case,
planing to order blur fix from srp, they have a new blur fix micro
to fly with out the case, i dont know what to buy?
srp blur fix micro or the blur fix so ?

any idia of reducing weight from the phantom ?
Is that with battery/s? I have been fighting the same battle (as I am sure are many). I found as the Phantom gets up there in weight it starts to get unstable and hard to fly. I am guessing the gains may be the answer, but I have not figure that out completely. One thing that I found is that I had to put the altitude gain at about 225. I started ramping the other gains up, but now I am reading that they may need to be a bit lower. I was trying to run two batteries, and having a hard time with that, I think my center of gravity was too far off. tried to adjust that to in NAZA Assist, but have not dialed it in. Good luck, I will be interested in what you find.
Mark
HammonPhoto is offline Find More Posts by HammonPhoto
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
Joined Mar 2013
405 Posts
with battery!
wow i didn't know i can adjust anything like that in assistance software ???!?!!
what are you talking about were can i read about it ?
and by the way , so you saying keep the water case on ? and order the blur fix so wich goes on the case ???
Last edited by koop; Apr 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:04 PM
Phantom Flyer
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2013
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
with battery!
wow i didn't know i can adjust anything like that in assistance software ???!?!!
what are you talking about were can i read about it ?
and by the way , so you saying keep the water case on ? and order the blur fix so wich goes on the case ???
http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...tom/downloads/

The NAZA Assist software has much of its help built in. And then you just need to be reading here and on the primary Phantom thread. As I said I am still trying to figure it out.

I am not a big fan of the blur fix type neutral density filters - feel like it will make the image less sharp. I have been trying to just get better vibration reduction. That too is still in the works. I have a pretty clean 1080 60p going using the Gopro float device as the isolator - http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Camera-F...keywords=gopro Screw this to the Phantom and your gimbal to this so not screws pass from the gimbal to the frame - there is a bit more to it than that but, it seems to work good. I would not mind finding this material cheaper and thinner.
Mark
HammonPhoto is offline Find More Posts by HammonPhoto
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:14 PM
Wherever you go- There you are
Rancho Cucamonga,CA
Joined Aug 2008
13 Posts
With regards to the Automatic Centre Punch, I could not find it at Home Depot or Lowes. Do you have more info on it or a skew #. Did you get it from the store or on line? I would like to have one.
Thanks,
Larry

dji-Phantom-Motor-Balancing (2 min 26 sec)
lroughton is offline Find More Posts by lroughton
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:20 PM
Quad Pilot
Joined Jan 2013
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lroughton View Post
With regards to the Automatic Centre Punch, I could not find it at Home Depot or Lowes. Do you have more info on it or a skew #. Did you get it from the store or on line? I would like to have one.
Thanks,
Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYqtwd4xXYo
This looks like to be the same:
http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-30280-Au...s=Center+punch
Jumanoc is offline Find More Posts by Jumanoc
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jumanoc; Apr 26, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 04:52 PM
dxr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Apr 2013
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
i dno't think that link is working right for me

While changing out my stock phantom bearings for ceramic hybrid bearings, i figured i'd drill some holes at the bottom for easy access to maintain the new bearings in the future. I plan on masking them up until maintenance is necessary

also, since the new gimbal set up allows me to mount the battery outside, i've ran the cable outside too
dxr is offline Find More Posts by dxr
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:44 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
If anyone gets this center punch and it works, please be sure to let all of us know.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Apr 27, 2013, 03:48 PM
Lexington, KY
Joined Oct 2004
138 Posts
Installed T-MOTOR MN2214-11's

Installed the white motors today. All four perfectly balanced out of the box. After installing the iSeismometer app show 1/3 the amplitude. Very smooth to the touch. They did fly a little different. Not bad just different. Most of my jello was already solved but I'm excited to try now at 2.7 and full sun. At this point I'd recommend.
waug is offline Find More Posts by waug