SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Mar 2013
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Darn I had Simen's foldable leg delivered to my work, and they lost my package already. Took off a week and came back to nothing lol Someone opened the package and either threw what ever was inside or they just lost it. :/ What a bummer.....
Dude, that blows, I hope they turn up! I can't fathom how anybody can throw away someone else's mail/packages. Not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
I'm flying every weekend with a group of guys who fly Phantoms and I must admit that a motivating factor is to show up with a souped up Phantom that kicks their asses I may even add the datalink and ground station just for the hell of it.
Haha, I like your attitude! I've been toying with the idea myself for a while now, and have found a guy that makes (I believe he gets them manufactured by somebody that manufactures ESCs, on his specs, and them flashes them himself) some very interesting high capacity, very small sized, SimonK flashed, 30A, 6S capable ESCs, that will fit inside the Phantom. They are in the devolopment stage still, but soon to be announced.

Try this on for size
simensays is offline Find More Posts by simensays
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:30 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simensays View Post
Dude, that blows, I hope they turn up! I can't fathom how anybody can throw away someone else's mail/packages. Not cool.

Haha, I like your attitude! I've been toying with the idea myself for a while now, and have found a guy that makes (I believe he gets them manufactured by somebody that manufactures ESCs, on his specs, and them flashes them himself) some very interesting high capacity, very small sized, SimonK flashed, 30A, 6S capable ESCs, that will fit inside the Phantom. They are in the devolopment stage still, but soon to be announced.

Try this on for size
Yea it sucks how my package was lost.... I've been looking around for it, but no signs, just a UPS label from the box

Are those ESC's made by Fly Color? I have a set that looks just like those
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jul 15, 2013, 08:46 PM
Joined Jul 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouterjansen60 View Post
Sure, for a cheap good 2 axis gimbal go to : http://www.iprototype.nl/products/ro....misc/pan-tilt

just around 21,45 Euros incl. 2 decent servos (pan/tilt). Just the gimbal is 9,95 Euros.. Unbeatable
Honestly trying to buy inside the us not international and i dont mind spending 2-300 for a good gimbal but 699 is out of my range right now.
altereddezignz is offline Find More Posts by altereddezignz
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:40 PM
United States, OH
Joined May 2008
942 Posts
Question for SimenSays:

Your shapeways page states that Landing Gear V3 is 'wider stanced' than v2. But from the pictures it would seem that v2 in fact has the widest stance between the 2. Can you elaborate? Or provide pics installed on both? Hard to tell from the renders.

Second, what's with the pricing of these?! I see 4 small pats, and a tiny compass mount. Is shapeways charging this much to grow these small parts? Or is there a huge markup on these? I ask because I was planning on designing my own if it will save me some dough. $40+ for these tiny plastic parts seems unreasonable to me if this is what Shapeways charges.
gnolivos is offline Find More Posts by gnolivos
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:41 PM
United States, IL, Belleville
Joined Oct 2006
589 Posts
Hey guys. Had a little crash the other day doing some really low flying trying to video my Rc Trucks. Broke two Graupner Props. I checked RC Drones where I purchased them from a few months back and they are out of stock. Anyone know where I can get them? 8x5's Specifically reamed to 8mm. I'd appreciate the help.
JUCD VPR is offline Find More Posts by JUCD VPR
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:48 PM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
709 Posts
I don't think Graupner is still making props.

You can opt for the HQ Props 8x5 when they come out.

They are very well made and balanced out of the box.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=196
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:12 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCD VPR View Post
Hey guys. Had a little crash the other day doing some really low flying trying to video my Rc Trucks. Broke two Graupner Props. I checked RC Drones where I purchased them from a few months back and they are out of stock. Anyone know where I can get them? 8x5's Specifically reamed to 8mm. I'd appreciate the help.
https://gothelirc.com/shopdisplaypro...Graupner+Props
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:24 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,804 Posts
Personally I have switched to the DJI 10x3.8 with 4S on my F450 and F550. I use 8" Graupners on my Phantom and the DJI 8" on my F330 fun flyer. Props are cheap except for Graupners.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jul 16, 2013, 01:29 AM
United States, IL, Cowden
Joined Mar 2013
1,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simensays View Post
6S capable ESCs, that will fit inside the Phantom.

Try this on for size
6S...
RDTague is offline Find More Posts by RDTague
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:52 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
282 Posts
painted, Zenmuse and Gaui Vision FPV

Finally got around to painting my Phantom to match my track car - didn't get the exact grey but close enough. Painting and moving the guts to a new shell took way longer than I expected, but really happy with the results, even has carbon bits just like my Elise I tried to be as neat as possible with the wiring everywhere so it's a very clean install with all the parts - with the exception of the antenna lead but I kind of like it.

The Gaui Vision system is pretty awesome. HighGainTuning modified my vtx (thank you!) to hold an external antenna as I wanted it as low as possible to get out of the gimbal's way. The Zenmuse is perfect - mine was visually clean and it worked right out of the box, tilt control works perfectly as well (using a Devo tx). It's a very tight fit but it does all fit...don't think an OSD would fit in there now.

My Phantom weighs 1265 grams now...she's a little porker but still getting 6min30sec on my Hyperion 2500mah batteries. The fpv system works perfectly, just a little soldering and everything is exactly as it should be. Will try some test flights tomorrow to try the gimbal out.
kazkioken is online now Find More Posts by kazkioken
Last edited by kazkioken; Jul 16, 2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:17 AM
Czech Republic, Karlovy Vary Region
Joined May 2013
411 Posts
Beautiful, perfect work, smart solutions with FPV Tx antenna ...
The weight is still on the border DJI recommendations.

What's the carbon holder back (for FPV)? This is something commercial, or DIY ?
It does not interfere too much before the warning LED light?
gardenroute is offline Find More Posts by gardenroute
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by gardenroute; Jul 16, 2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:38 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenroute View Post
Beautiful, perfect work, smart solutions with FPV Tx antenna ...
The weight is still on the border DJI recommendations.

What's the carbon holder back (for FPV)? This is something commercial, or DIY ?
It does not interfere too much before the warning LED light?
It's a side battery holder which has been posted before - I just used it to hold the vtx out from the body. The LED is visible since you are looking up to the Phantom and there is an opening in the tray to see the light, works great
kazkioken is online now Find More Posts by kazkioken
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:12 AM
United States, IL, Belleville
Joined Oct 2006
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
Thank you, I Just ordered the 8x5's - All I'll need to do is balance them.
JUCD VPR is offline Find More Posts by JUCD VPR
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:29 AM
Joined Feb 2008
197 Posts
Finally got around to fitting a spring to the throttle on my Phantom tx... makes a whole world of difference for me whilst flying FPV, no more worrying about unintentional altitude gain/loss...

Opened up a cheap plastic controller stored in the attic and the spring/mechanism were a perfect fit!
xpower180 is offline Find More Posts by xpower180
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:40 AM
Joined Mar 2013
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
Question for SimenSays:

Your shapeways page states that Landing Gear V3 is 'wider stanced' than v2. But from the pictures it would seem that v2 in fact has the widest stance between the 2. Can you elaborate?

Second, what's with the pricing of these?
Yes the V3 has a bigger stance than the V2. Upon request/input from a valued member on these forums, I made a version based on the V2 kit, where the front legs is spread wider, by a few degrees, and the rear is streched back by a few degrees, making the the stance directional, not symmetrical, as with the V2 kit. This was to give a slightly wider stance, and not to get the legs in camera when filming (why the front legs are not also streched forwards, only outwards). The differences are slight, but the pics below show it (spacing and orientation of the parts is different of the parts in the two kits, giving the illusion that the V2 might look wider, the V3 was made long after the V2, and built from scratch, hence some alterations in the render dumps)

V2 is symetrical:

V3 is directional:

Yes, 3D printing is not cheap. This has been covered several times earlier in this thread, and countless other places. Shapeways charges for the volume of materials used, and add a processing fee for each print they do, just like any traditional print service does, as there is much manual labour involved in the full process (sett up the order, material, colour, swapping machines to polish parts, checking the end results manually etc), On top of that I add a small fee, to cover my own expenses (I do several test prints for the prototypes etc).

I am currently doing some research for alternatives to Shapeways, both for 3D printing and mass production. Some major DJI distributors has contacted me, and shown great interest in the work I do with the Phantom, so will see where this ends up, and these thing takes time, as we see so often in this hobby, like with the long awaited H3-2D gimbal etc...
simensays is offline Find More Posts by simensays