SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Mar 2011
400 Posts
Discussion
My First Kit Build Contender build

Ok So ive built a few ARFs both regular size and giant size. So I decided to take the plunge and build a kit. So i searched around and told my gf to get my a Top flite contender for xmas. Well i got it and ordered everything to build it.

I finally have a weekend to start the build. Alot of new stuff and alot a learning involved till i got the hang of things. I had a friend come over and help me build it. We got the rear Stab and elevators built. And we built the ailerons as well. Heres some pics of what we have so far. If anyone has any tips please feel free to share with me, since im a noob
chaos2984 is offline Find More Posts by chaos2984
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:50 AM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
501 Posts
It is any easy plane to build. I built one years ago. The only issue with the kit is the wing dowels. They do not line up with the fuse holes. Hopefully, Top Flight has fixed the problem. You also, have two options for the wing tips. I choose the ones that curved up a little. I covered mine to look like the old US Thunderbird Scheme when the birds flew Super Sabers. Just follow the manual and you should have no problems. It should be an easy electric conversion. There is a nice hatch on top which was setup for fuel tank access. It should work well for a battery hatch.

One question, what motor do you plan to use.
pdansalvish is offline Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:29 AM
Joined Mar 2011
400 Posts
I was looking at a Power 32 that i took off my T-34 mentor when i upgraded that motor. Or maybe go with somesort of hacker motor. Havent got that far yet. The plane should be smaller than the T-34 weight wise so i think the power32 should be a good fit. What you think?
chaos2984 is offline Find More Posts by chaos2984