Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by brandonmoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:23 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Discussion
My LX A-10 build and modifications

Here are the pictures of the LX A-10 and the build modification I did 2 years ago. Many folks have asked me for these since I had them removed when I was cleaning up my account a while back.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Here is a continuation of the post above
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:40 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,001 Posts
Hello, Here is just a bit of friendly info for next time

On the left side you have 5 compartment cooling vents, the A10 only has 4. On the right side it has 6. They are also on the wrong panels, and I dont see any on pnl F10 or F12 on the right forward fuse.

The Doghouse (between the engines) is one large opening, and one large exhaust outlet.

On some of the large panels there are smaller access panels called "snap" panels. These are used for avionics coding, canopy external disengage, and to check flying hours (F12). I noticed you labeled them "after cooler access."

I also notice that you have the "oxygen" label on the top left side of the forward fuse, underneath the rescue panel (canopy disengage). The LOX and Oxygen components are actually located in the panel directly behind the Pave Penny pod on the lower right of the forward fuse.

Also, on the rear of the canopy there is only one panel that "pops up" and goes back to allow room for the canopy linkage.

Overall you did a fantastic job! I was just giving you info in case you wanted to do it "scale" next time.

PS, I am an A-10 electrician, and mechanic. I am very familiar with this jet.

Goodluck! and safe flying!
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:56 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Thanks for the info, I was aware of the cooling hole locations and the dog house , but did what was practical for this "Model" most of it I was just useing reference photos from others and even your base "Davis Monthan" in Tuscon (A-10 central)..(I'm assumeing by your location) and the fact,... I too and an avionics Comm/Nav veteran from that base but was with the blackhawk combat rescus folks

Most of the decal placements wre just close and for effect....wasn't shooting for scale ...just scale like

The next one I will be doing will put this one to shame, I assure you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:09 AM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
328 Posts
Happy New Year brandonmoon! are you still in Georgia?
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:45 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Yup....just moved further north to Acworth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:56 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,106 Posts
Brandon, quick question. What function has that canopy/nose eject ? [the front thing]

Great model btw !!

(btw...did you see this one ?)

A10 "WARTHOG" Mibo Jets (2 min 10 sec)

KM
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusunokimasahige View Post
Brandon, quick question. What function has that canopy/nose eject ? [the front thing]

Great model btw !!

(btw...did you see this one ?)

http://youtu.be/S53AbIVA2BA

KM
Great video, and Yes I've seen that one before..it's just simply OUTSTANDING and VERY EXPENSIVE $$$$$$$

Not sure what canopy "Nose" eject you are refering to?, but the stock plane came with an acordian like mechanism that was to be mounted in the forward part of the hatch close to the nose and was there to help push open the canopy and eject the hatch cover and pilot ..to be parachuted back to earth...I never used it, but I did play arround with it and mount it. My actual nose cone is held on with rare earth magnets as a hatch for acess to the retract module mounted in it for the DSR -TW retract mod
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:28 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,106 Posts
Ah ok

Yes, indeed super expensive but gorgeous.

I meant indeed the parachute thing. Wouldnt know why that is at all much fun during flight

Saw a fairly low priced LX A-10 on a strange site called f-hobby, but no shipping costs mentioned.

This one is sure on my wish list. Like your mods a lot. Retracts should indeed be changed when looking at the original.

Wondering if you also considered putting a changesun 10 blader in it. The sound alone is magnificent.

KM
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:12 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
On my next one (and yes, I have another one here not built) I'm planning on the same fans I have in the new FW ME-262, CP10 blade fans & 550 2200kv motors
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:10 AM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
328 Posts
What is the best struts for the DSR2 System?
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd