HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by iSky, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:45 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
My first day as registered user on RC Groups

This is my first day registered on RC Groups.

I received my first plane several weeks go and haven't had the time to make the Bixler 2 (arf). Didn't know I needed a power supply with my battery charger (Duh!).

I devoured the net on the Bixler 2 build and mods. It's almost as if I wanted to build the best plane right away. I finally cracked and bought two more Bixler 2's (kit) to take the edge off. I can now relax and build without the stress of making a mistake.

Two more planes on the way and a couple of higher power motors and blades should keep me busy as I learn to build and to fly...

Viewing all the flight videos, especially the ones that show plane surface reactions, really helped to see how the plane flies. This has given m some ideas on how to apply he lessons from the pro builds.

I think that surface stability, and therefore core stiffness, is critical to great flying. So I will embark in a stiffness regime for my first plane. However, I also think that this must be balanced with weight considerations; useless weight is useless weight if you don't really need the stiffeners. A lighter plane is much more enjoyable, I read...

My not too distant objective is to fly fpv. So I have also read up on antennas and video TX ans RX. After the first builds, this is next.

Wish me luck on my first build!
iSky is offline Find More Posts by iSky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:50 AM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
Welcome!
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue