Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Discussion
Super CP Help

My first 6 ch, I do have experience with: V911, DH 9116, MJX f47 and is pretty good with these four channels. However, this Super CP spins counter clockwise out of the box. I have tried everything, I think. Including accidentally erasing the model from Devo 7e. Please help!
Pharmer is offline Find More Posts by Pharmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:53 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
Not familiar with the 7e, but you should try to find the gyro settings and set it to 60 or above.

Did the SuperCP come with a large sheet of white paper with numbers on it?
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:11 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
I do have "Guidelines for Super CP with Devo Radios" For Devo 7e, there are: Mode-Manual, Switch - Hold SW, Pos 0 - 74% Pos 1 - 50%. What do these mean?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
That did it...It works by changing the settings to above. Now I just have to get used to CP. Very responsive little helicopter! Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:42 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
There are more values on it, like pitch curve, throttle curve, rates, exp, etc. Try to put them all in.

Mode-Manual = You manually set the values
Switch-Hold = Which physical switch you want this on. On a Devo7 there are five switches you can assign this to.

The values after that determines how responsive you want the tail to be. Essentially, 50% turns off the tail gyro, 51 and above activates HeadHold mode. 51 makes the rudder turn very fast, 100 slows it down. Mine's set to 80.

One option that was the last item learned was the ServoHold = Yes/No. This just tells the TX to not set the values while you're making adjustments. You wouldn't want the helicopter to fly away while you're adjusting the throttle curves would you?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
How do you adjust landing? I am used to FP Helis where you throttle down slowly and the heli lands but with CP, it actually pushes the heli down. This is not very good when you are about to crash and you throttle down quickly.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:57 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
If you're trying to land while in Idle Up, you don't actually go into negative. You only need that when you need to change altitude faster than gravity can (i.e. wind picked up the heli and you want it brought back to eye level asap).

When landing, you slowly lower the pitch until you see the heli move down, after that, DON'T lower it any further and just let the helis momentum carry it down. At some point, ground effect will catch it and it will go back into a hover. Lower the pitch a bit more until it start moving again, and just keep repeating until its skids touch the ground. Then you flick throttle hold to shut down the heli. There are a couple of tricks to land faster, and you'll eventually learn them, until then take it slow and do a proper landing.

If you're about to crash, flick the throttle hold and let the heli bounce off the ground. You have to unlearn the habit of throttling down, and start getting used to calling throttle hold your 'Oh! Sh*t!' switch.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hajile; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:34 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
I am actually in negative pitch from start when throttle is completely down and blades are not spinning. Is this normal? This is why when I throttle down to land, it is pushing the heli down fast. How do I adjust the pitch?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:21 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
-15 pitch? That's normal, you go into positive before you've even reached quarter throttle. You never really get a chance to 'push the heli down'. It starts going down while you're still in positive pitch, if you actually go into negative, your heli will drop faster than a rock.

It feels faster because a CP doesn't rely as much on headspeed to change altitude like FPs do. You land an FP by gradually lowering the throttle until you reach the ground. You don't do that on a CP, in fact, on idleup, you have the same pitch whether you're flying at 10 feet or 50, if you lower the pitch enough for the heli to go dowm it *will* go all the way down to the ground and will only get stopped by ground effect. So just lower the pitch enough for the heli to start moving down and no more, and let it go down by itself.

You can set the pitch curve through the menu. It should be under PTCRV. After that is the MODE menu that lets you select between the different switch positions. I'm not familiar with the Devo7e, but on the Devo7, the switch on the upper right of the radio is a three position switch and under MODE there is, NORM/ST1/ST2 corresponding with the three switch positions. Underneath that is the pitch curve for that switch position.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:21 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
I just can't get used to the controls...it is too sensitive. How I change control sensitivity? How do I decrease how responsive this super cp to a slight change to throttle, ect...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:42 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
Unfortunately, i don't know how to program a the rate mode on a 7E.

On the Devo7, you go to DREXP, you will go into the CHANN menu and let you select ELEV, AILE and RUDD, this is where you select which control you want to modify.

After that, is POSIT. This is the D/R switch POS0 is switch up, POS1 is switch down, unfortunately, since you have only two shoulder switches, i don't know how you actually assign on that controller.

Anyway, you're going to have to set the rate for each control. I recommend setting Elevator and Rudder to 70%Rate and +30EXP. That should make it a lot more controllable. Leave the rudder at 100%Rate 0EXP. You need that tail to move consistently and changing its sensitivity is a bad idea.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:59 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will try this out. Is there a book or website that I can get to learn more about all of the terms relating to advance control/flying?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:52 AM
The Mechanic
United States, OH, Vermilion
Joined Jan 2013
58 Posts
Pharmer my super co did not come with that paper could u send me a pic of it so I can punch in the settings on my Devo 7e
LeanSkin is offline Find More Posts by LeanSkin
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanSkin View Post
Pharmer my super co did not come with that paper could u send me a pic of it so I can punch in the settings on my Devo 7e
Here is a scan of the additional instruction sheet that was in the box of my new Super CP. This is the inside (English) version.

Hope this helps.
draHeiD is offline Find More Posts by draHeiD