|Jan 26, 2013, 05:47 AM|
2013 mm usa ncr
So the stage is set for the MM NCR : It looks like we will have a wunderful gathering of at least 26 skippers on the water in St. Augustine FL. This means we will have two fleets of 15 boats using the P/R system......more about that at the skippers meeting on Feb 8th.
The Graupner Distributor in the USA Mr Sandy A Squitieri has very kindly donated the Raffle Prizes of a super HOTT 2.4GHz Radio system with telemetry and a Racing MM Kit. Both these prizes and a suit of MM CatSails donated by Baron Bremer will be raffled on Sunday Feb 10th at 1:00pm during the Main Prize giving.
We will set the buoys at the pond on Feb 7th Thursday AM for those folks arriving in St. Augustine early and want to get some practice time and test the conditions .
List of Skippers who have registered for the Micro Magic 2013 NCR
Venue : St. Augustine FL. Feb 8 - 10 th 2013
1) Martin Gray....... Jacksonville FL
2) Baron Bremer....Jacksonville FL.......NCR Champion 2010
3) John Bottensek..Jacksonville FL
4) Mike Eades.........Wickenburg AZ
5) Jim Linville..........Hull MA
6) Herb Dreher.......Natick MA
7) Jack Ward..........Punta Gorda FL
8) Andy Rust..........Wichita KS.... Class Secretary
9) Henry De Wolf....Palm City FL
10)James Donohoe..Hilton Head SC
11) Paul Odegaard...Jupiter FL
12) George Balachak..Palm Beach FL
13) Darrell Krasoski...Oviedo FL
14) Jeff Weiss...........Costa Mesa CA.......Current NCR Champion 2012
15) Hap McGill..........Surprise AZ
16) Richard Azzam....Madison AL
17) Scott Moses........Wichita KS
18) Ron Stephanz......Madison AL
19) Kenneth Morrison..The Villages FL
20) Peter Jennings......Sun City AZ
21) Bill Cromie......Ft. Meyers FL
22) Liz Perkins....The Villages......FL
23) Alan Perkins..The Villages......FL
24) Ricky Gerry....Charleston SC
25) Becky Gerry...Charleston SC
26) John Santoro..The Villages FL
27) John Cleave...Isle of Wight GBR
Looking forward to welcoming you all and wishing you all a very enjoyable and friendly event.
Back to top
|Jan 29, 2013, 04:44 PM|
Registered Member #294
Joined: Wed Feb 16 2011, 01:25PM
Location: Jacksonville; FL
Hi All Skippers , The custom designed Trophies for the MM NCR have just been delivered and I think you will all agree that they turned out really nice.( see pic below) Seven deserving winners will walk away from this event with a trophy. I for one would love to win one of these beautiful trophies but I know that we have a strong field of competitors who will bring their "A" game to the NCR but no harm in wishing anyway...!! Looking forward to a fun sailing event ,enjoyable company and fair competition.
AMYA # 15914
|Jan 29, 2013, 05:17 PM|
Joined Jan 2007
Have to ask..
Where did you get those Trophies from?
They look Fantastic..
|Feb 11, 2013, 04:16 PM|
MM USA NCR PIcture
|Feb 12, 2013, 03:06 PM|
There was a mix of sails. Places 1-2 used Graphite sails made by John Tushingham of the UK. Third place I'm not sure, but I think they were from the USA. I use Ken Bauser Sails, I saw some Vam Sails from Portugal, so it varied a lot.
Here are the ones I saw...
Futterlieb Sails (USA)
Ken Bauser Sails (USA)
To be honest, sails don't make a tremendous difference. The guy who won was just the best sailor. I beat him in a heat on the last day, and his boat wasn't faster. He just was a better sailor!
|Feb 12, 2013, 03:09 PM|
Joined May 2011
Funny how the best sailors don't use the kit sails, though, eh?
I'll hear the argument for skills over equipment (and make it myself) a million times again, but I still like nice kit!
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Official 2013 USA F3K Team Thread||cptsnoopy||Hand Launch||723||Feb 22, 2014 05:25 AM|
|Alert||2013 Eastern Half USA Scale Soaring Aerotow Events Calendar - updated||SPasierb||Other Websites||11||Aug 23, 2013 08:01 AM|
|Contest||Announcing the 4th Annual JEM, Jan.19-20, 2013 sponsored by MKS Servos, USA||ClayH||Hand Launch||624||Apr 26, 2013 03:31 AM|
|Discussion||Team USA F3B 2013||Kiesling||Multi Task F3X||9||Dec 25, 2012 01:14 PM|
|Discussion||Let's get it done for our 2013 USA F3K Team!||jcats||Hand Launch||188||Nov 22, 2011 11:48 AM|