HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:36 AM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,083 Posts
Discussion
DX6i throttle cut how to?

I know has been asked many times. But I still cannot figure out how to do this. Today I cut my wrists when I accidentally knocked the throttle while picking up the plane. Yes I had a rubber band holding it in place but it broke on the field. Surely this has to be the #1 priority for Tx manufacturers..
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:57 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,469 Posts
My understanding is that you cant do it on the DX6i because it doesn't have the 'Offset' function in the mixing menu that the DX7 has.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:18 AM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
My understanding is that you cant do it on the DX6i because it doesn't have the 'Offset' function in the mixing menu that the DX7 has.
The throttle cut bell push button is designed for nitros not electrics. My other peeve is that the DX6i is a "beginner" Tx and they are the ones who would need this more than anyone....
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:25 AM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,424 Posts
Need to change the throttle cut button out for a toggle switch to be used with electric planes . http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441173
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:42 AM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
Need to change the throttle cut button out for a toggle switch to be used with electric planes . http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441173
Nice I like the led mod
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:49 AM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,424 Posts
Someone youtube the mod.
Dx6i throttle cut switch modification (9 min 1 sec)
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:19 AM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,083 Posts
It's alright till the grinder came in. No way I am using a grinder here. But I will go ahead and find a switch and then figure out a way to fix it. These instructions are specific to the type if switch he has so may not apply here. I was thinking of removing one if the other switches as I don't use them.
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:29 AM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaverick View Post
It's alright till the grinder came in. No way I am using a grinder here.
I'm not crazy about the grinder also. I hoping to cut them off with a mini wire nip , but I don't know how much room do you have in there.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:17 AM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,424 Posts
Maybe we can turn the switch sideways like this guy did.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=10
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:46 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
eflightray's Avatar
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,034 Posts
Or look at it another way.

Keep your hands and anything else away from the front of the plane once the flight battery is installed, (or rear of the plane if a pusher, or top of the plane if mid/pylon etc etc).

At some stage any 'fail-safe' is removed, disconnected etc, when you want to actually fly. Relying on a 'failsafe' to allow you to put your hand near or through the props arc is a big risk.
Is the 'fail-safe' totally automatic ?, or is it yet another thing that can be simply forgotten to activate/do ?).

Props cut and hurt. Remembering to keep away from a prop, and handling a Tx carefully is more likely to achieve safety than relying on yet another switch/button that needs to be operated.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:48 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaverick View Post
The throttle cut bell push button is designed for nitros not electrics. My other peeve is that the DX6i is a "beginner" Tx and they are the ones who would need this more than anyone....
really upset me when my friend got this TX and no way to setup a safety throttle switch ! I mean really ??
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:08 PM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
Or look at it another way.

Keep your hands and anything else away from the front of the plane once the flight battery is installed, (or rear of the plane if a pusher, or top of the plane if mid/pylon etc etc).
No I have once had the strap caught in the throttle and in this situation a throttle switch would have helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
At some stage any 'fail-safe' is removed, disconnected etc, when you want to actually fly. Relying on a 'failsafe' to allow you to put your hand near or through the props arc is a big risk.
Is the 'fail-safe' totally automatic ?, or is it yet another thing that can be simply forgotten to activate/do ?).

Well as long as you can remember to flick this switch as the last thing before you increase the throttle. It can be a good habit. And it can be automatic. (wired into the brain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
Props cut and hurt. Remembering to keep away from a prop, and handling a Tx carefully is more likely to achieve safety than relying on yet another switch/button that needs to be operated.
A non spring loaded throttle control is like a loose cannon - I can think of at least 10 ways in which this can be set off accidentally.
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:09 PM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
really upset me when my friend got this TX and no way to setup a safety throttle switch ! I mean really ??
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:19 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
eflightray's Avatar
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaverick View Post
No I have once had the strap caught in the throttle and in this situation a throttle switch would have helped.

Well as long as you can remember to flick this switch as the last thing before you increase the throttle. It can be a good habit. And it can be automatic. (wired into the brain)

A non spring loaded throttle control is like a loose cannon - I can think of at least 10 ways in which this can be set off accidentally.
Sorry. I just tried to put my point of view regarding safety, based on common sense.

Yes accidents can happen, that's why they are called accidents.

How about a self destruct button for planes as well ?. Well they have been known to accidentally crash into people. Just think you could save those people by blowing you plane up before it hits.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:35 PM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
Sorry. I just tried to put my point of view regarding safety, based on common sense.

Yes accidents can happen, that's why they are called accidents.

How about a self destruct button for planes as well ?. Well they have been known to accidentally crash into people. Just think you could save those people by blowing you plane up before it hits.
Sloppy Joe goes into a weapons shop and says "I am into buying a gun I don't have much money."

" I would recommend this Bofors 22xi it's only $245!"

"Great I will take that"

"Before you leave I will remind you there is no safety "
" just make sure you stay away from it when not shooting "
"You can always upgrade when you have more money"

Sloppy joe never returns......x
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion How Do You Throttle Calibrate an ESC with Red Wire Cut daskim Multirotor Electronics 1 Jan 14, 2013 01:05 PM
Discussion Ice 100 cuts off at high throttle delta2001 Power Systems 6 Jan 07, 2013 11:51 AM
Question Spektrum DX6i Throttle Cut and Throttle Hold sonicserve Mini Helis 31 Feb 02, 2012 11:47 AM
Mini-HowTo DX6i Throttle Cut Tip daylight99 Electric Plane Talk 7 Jan 24, 2009 09:26 PM
Discussion DX6i Throttle Cut - Throttle is now stuck "ON" Hemoglobin Radios 1 Sep 13, 2008 11:47 PM