HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:33 AM
Australia, VIC, Melton
Joined Jun 2009
447 Posts
Discussion
Apm 2.5 +

Hi everyone, After some info on the APM 2.5 +. Mainly need to know if it has a RTH feature if I loose radio signal ?

Wanting to use it for my first FPV aircraft.

Thanks.
Adrian Lewer is offline Find More Posts by Adrian Lewer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:50 AM
Push'n the limits
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,080 Posts
Here ya go
http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=RTFM
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:22 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Lmao
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:25 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Not having a go at you , but more you read about it the more you will learn about the product and the less chance you have of losing or destroying your Heli or plane.

APM does have RTL . Go to there site and read the manual https://store.diydrones.com/
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:38 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
If you can't be bothered to help why bother to be rude?

The autopilot has many modes which can be controlled by your radio, RTH included.there is a big website full of info
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined Nov 2005
656 Posts
Quote:
Do you really consider your post helpful? Thanks for nothing. I am trying to find out more information about the apm 2.5 If anyone can post a link to a Youtube video that is start to finish setup with apm 2.5 I would be grateful. I wanted this board but Im leaning toward DJI Naza because there are complete setup from start to finish video on Youtube. I have spent hours reading about all these controllers but most of the information is hard to understand if you dont know code or are a complete beginner when it comes to upgraded boards.
soulreaper is offline Find More Posts by soulreaper
Last edited by soulreaper; Jan 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:59 PM
Push'n the limits
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,080 Posts
Hey Mike have a look in the Aussie Fpv thread and see the 3-4 pages of us all helping this guy only to have him totally ignore our advice and try to get his "easy ride" here not 5 mins after we told him to try helping himself first.

Reaper.... You sound just like the Op so you don't even deserve a reply.

I'm not an ahole, nothing I hate more than people that ask for help, get brilliant advice then ignore it and try to get others to give them the info they want with no effort at all by them.

Chris.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:18 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
from the link....

"People who say "RTFM!" might be considered rude, but the true rude ones are the annoying people who take absolutely no self-responibility and expect to have all the answers handed to them personally."
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,655 Posts
Asking it APM2 has RTH is like asking Airbus if they offer planes with wings on them.

kind of scratching the surface. Having to ask means you're probably not ready to buy APM2
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Jan 26, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:28 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
If you have to ask where that information is...you're not ready to wield that kind of power.

LINK
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:34 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Quote:
Good one. Bookmarked it!
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:05 PM
Australia, VIC, Melton
Joined Jun 2009
447 Posts
Not trying to get an easy ride mate, Found the info I needed after about an hour of looking, thank you to those who are actually helping out,

Does have RTH as I found out.
Adrian Lewer is offline Find More Posts by Adrian Lewer
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:06 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,655 Posts
Are you sure you know what APM2 is? It is not an OSD, it is whole Unmanned Aerial Vehicle suite, which can make your aircraft autonomous. Can be operated entirely by a GCS (ground control station with a laptop) instead of a FPV downlink. Not only can it return you plane home, it can send it around the world on a series of waypoints and land it elsewhere (if you had such endurance plane), and it can take off and land you plane automatically also. But it is a complex system with many pitfalls - the furthest thing from plug&play like an OSD. It is the hacker's choice over buying a $10k or $50k UAV control system.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:06 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,126 Posts
Quote:
You crack me up!--Sounded like the lead IT guy I work with.
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Nov 2005
656 Posts
Quote:
Hey Mike have a look in the Aussie Fpv thread and see the 3-4 pages of us all helping this guy only to have him totally ignore our advice and try to get his "easy ride" here not 5 mins after we told him to try helping himself first.

Reaper.... You sound just like the Op so you don't even deserve a reply.

I'm not an ahole, nothing I hate more than people that ask for help, get brilliant advice then ignore it and try to get others to give them the info they want with no effort at all by them.

Chris.
Nugbag your name fits you perfectly. When ever someone has asked me for help on this forum I have gone the extra mile to help them, not insult them. If you knew this guy ignored previous advice you should have stated that. What goes around comes around, one day youll need help and someone will treat you the same way you treat others. Have a nice day.
soulreaper is offline Find More Posts by soulreaper