HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:30 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
I wish you all the best in sorting all this rubbish out, I'm sure there's a million other things you'd rather be doing.

Getting back to topic now, do you have any photos of an assembled plane as I am very interested in this platform.
UAV.APM is offline Find More Posts by UAV.APM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Jan 2013
36 Posts
I am curious though... why hide your identity on your web site information by using domainsbyproxy llc and a US bases ISP service? if your in seychelles, wouldnt you be using african based companies. as of now asiatechdrones.com is hosted in phoenix arizona and all mail routed to secureservers.net mail service... every step of web registration is middle manned, not to mention that asia tech drones.com wasnt created until 22 dec 2012... one month ago. thatdoes tend to make me question your legitimacy

why do such a good job covering up the identity of your business?
MXDesigns is offline Find More Posts by MXDesigns
Last edited by MXDesigns; Jan 26, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:06 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2013
441 Posts
Wayne was planning on this route some time before the Kickstarter derailment. He launched Hobby UAV and shut down my website of EVUAS and ported all traffic from EVYAS.com to HobbyUAV.com I was unaware of this till much later. I had instructed Wayne to proof the Kickstarter project with me prior to launch and he didn't because it had me totally cut out of the picture and no mention of EVUAS (the source of his income for almost two years) or me. There was at first a big Thanks to a list of people that had me at the top of the list, then he deleated me off the list about 2-3 weeks into the kickstarter period.....He did it all calculating that I would not do much of anything and just let it fly. I just learner from Chris Anderson at DIY Drones that Wayne went in and deleted all my pictures and posts on DIY Drones for the past 3 years...I have nothing now on my DIY Drones account now that Chris reinstated me on the site.....further proof Wayne is out to cover the truth up. I'm pretty sure that if you ordereda Techpod you will get it from Wayne but I wouldn't bet my life on it. Wayne pulled alot of bad deals on our eBay account sales too when he was running that. I never saw any of that money either.....You can fill in the blanks. I've really nothing to hide, and for what? I'm really the one out of a huge amount of investment here almost $200,000....
Asia Tech Drones is offline Find More Posts by Asia Tech Drones
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:20 PM
Joined Jan 2013
441 Posts
I'm not hiding anything really, I just do not like all the "Stuff" one gets when you are listed as a domain name owner. Plus the company that now owns the IP is an International Business Corp based out of the Seychelles. Sure GoDaddy hosts website for now...But the planes are made in China (they all are these days); sales are done by webstore or internet, inventory stays offshore so there is no real presence needed in USA...Banking takes place offshore as well. It is not a US Company....Yes ATD is a new company. EVUAS Inc. was closed after the Wayne Garris incident.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:22 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Maybe in the future you are planning to build something like this :

http://uav-china.com/page/default.asp?pageID=23
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:47 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
ATD It really sucks what has happened to you by the sounds of it. But do we need it here? You should probably contact a solicitor at this point if you haven't already, it sounds pretty bad.
UAV.APM is offline Find More Posts by UAV.APM
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:01 PM
Joined Jan 2013
441 Posts
Yeah I know those guys. They do a lot of Chinese military stuff and are "Encouraged" to NOT sell or do anything with the USA.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
441 Posts
You are probably right but the "Dirty Laundry" needs to be aired for all to see if they choose to. If not interested they can always move on.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:21 PM
Joined Jan 2013
19 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am not an RC person, but I am the person most familiar with the Techpod outside of Wayne Garris. I have climbed mountains with this man to help him when no other person was there to do the grunt work.

John Smith is blatantly stealing intellectual property rights from Wayne Garris. During the short period of time John and Wayne were working together, John Smith did everything in his power to NOT develop an original design.

EVUAS, in all its efforts, only sold off the shelf assembled basic, non uav, airframes, a collection of old out dated USED parts from Ebay that literally took up space. John Smith would say yes, lets do this, only to get raging drunk and spend money on useless crap that did nothing. Two airplanes that fall in this are the Tango and Escapade. Literally, this guy wanted to buy things at cost and then resell them filled all kinds of gadgets also bought at cost as a business model.

I spent countless hours trying to get John to commit to a business plan on Wayne's behalf until my temperament was nearly departmental to my freedom. I mean this, i was blood raging mad about John and the pure waste of money involving John's spending habits.

I can remember early morning phone calls from John where he was hard to understand, slurring his words, and informing us of his latest useless purchase.

As to the only time a Techpod was ever sold through EVUAS had nothing to do with design. Wayne had his Techpod ready as a wooden kit, his own CNC machine, and John had to be cornered to spend any money on the plywood needed to have a handful of Techpod's on hand to be sold... John's complete business practice was simply selling other people's stuff in a manner nobody was ever interested in.

Once Wayne and John separated, Wayne eventually went on to design the Techpod to be a fully foam molded UAV. Even then John would belittle Wayne, make fun of his design, and make it as if he was a superior business man.

Now as a person that knows almost nothing about Airplanes or anything else RC related, I know a good deal more about business and the need to trust an expert. Wayne is that expert, and as you can see in these "new" photos being pushed out there with John's latest effort, it comes with a new tail design. Well I will tell you this, I am absolutely sure that John Smith has no idea on how important something like aerodynamics is in the design and I am absolutely sure John Smith just slapped on what he thought looked cool.

looking cool doesn't equate to good design.

The numbers John is now posting, with his new tweek on the tail, are the numbers Wayne Garris produced in his actual air frame. Anything John Smith wants to state about his (supposed) Cyclops is a complete fabrication and all performance numbers are complete copy past.

As such, I had EVUAS on my own server for a number of years and outside of when I worked directly in the shop of this company, John Smith literally never paid me for keeping EVUAS up and running online. Not only that, he stiffed me $800.00 in pay for the time I did work with him.

Take it for what it is worth. This man is Scum.

By the way, Hi John, I am sure you and I should get together for a beer.
Zakary is offline Find More Posts by Zakary
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:27 PM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Mar 2008
249 Posts
ready
Qnzkrew is offline Find More Posts by Qnzkrew
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:28 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
We have two full names here, John's and Wayne's. And who are you?
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:32 PM
Joined Jan 2013
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
We have two full names here, John's and Wayne's. And who are you?
I am Zak Venturo. I just saying if John wants to play the dirty laundry game I am happy to bring the Tide.
Zakary is offline Find More Posts by Zakary
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:35 PM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Mar 2008
249 Posts
so was wayne working FOR john when he designed the techpod? who does the design belong to?
Qnzkrew is offline Find More Posts by Qnzkrew
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:36 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,829 Posts
Why are you guys arguing here? Just sell your planes guys!

The average FPV'er dont give a ShhhhhhhT.....
PM each other, and settle it that way!
this thread is gonna go off topic in bickering (he said, she said....etc....)....

There is no way SENTRY would let this happen on FPVLab.com
The 'TechPod' thread is closely followed there.....

Just sayin'....
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:42 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,854 Posts
Ok then. I look forward to buying myself a Skyhunter knockoff on Hobbyking soon
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker