Joined Sep 2011
5,844 Posts
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:11 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,844 Posts
Asiadrones - where were you when the Techpod was in development, and being discussed all over the FPV community? Why silent until today? Does not look convincing to come out with a clone after someone else does, esp being totally silent about it until today.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:12 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2013
441 Posts
What do you mean, I paid Wayne to design these for EVUAS...
Asia Tech Drones is offline Find More Posts by Asia Tech Drones
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:17 PM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,636 Posts
I guess I spoke too soon, I did not have enough facts. Sad situation nonetheless.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:19 PM
Joined Jan 2013
441 Posts
If you go to DIY Drones and do a search for the Techpod if you scroll down through the links you will find at least 1 or two from me John Mitchell Smith back in 2010 when EVUAS was selling the early version of the techpod. I had a dozen or so others but Wayne has been out purposely trying to get his ties to EVUAS and me erased. I have real proof I can send you. IRS documents that were filed by EVUAS and 1099's that were issued...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:19 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,813 Posts
I backed out of the KickStarter program.....but now I want to see this Cyclops fly:-)

PM and Emailed ya' for ordering info?
Whats' the website address?
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Last edited by rclab1; Jan 26, 2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
I backed out of the KickStarter program.....but now I want to see this Cyclops fly:-)

PM and Emailed ya' for ordering info?
Whats' the website address?
I don't think the Cyclops is on KickStarter. The one on there is the one from his nemesis.

He got more pledges than he needed. Maybe if they put the Cyclops on KickStarter it will get support too.
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined Jan 2013
441 Posts
We will be back at you shortly on this and thanks for the interest. We have been working on plane and manufacturing issues that goes with all that, so now my focus is changed to setting up webstore and all the other stuff. Regardless of all that you are on the list for the pre-order price for 1 Cyclops Kit. I do not have the RTF version ready to go yet. We will keep you posted.
Thanks again.
John S.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:04 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asia Tech Drones View Post
What do you mean, I paid Wayne to design these for EVUAS...
Wish I knew of the controversy before I ordered my Techpod, is all. And I do not know what to think now. Wayne will have to tell us his side of the story, and I still won't know what is true.

sad
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:05 PM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Mar 2008
249 Posts
i want one too let me know
Qnzkrew is offline Find More Posts by Qnzkrew
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
224 Posts
I kinda want to see how this plays out. Subbed I guess
CarbonFlite is offline Find More Posts by CarbonFlite
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
441 Posts
Well you have to ask yourself: Why on earth would this guy have the Solidworks 3D plans for the Techpod...?? I didn't just wake up to a surprise in my inbox one day. In fact the very same Techpod plane that Wayne launched his kickstarter project with was bought by me. I lined up and sent the plans to World Models to build the prototype...after recieving it I sent it to Wayne to test fly and that is when Wayne went off the deep end with me....I can prove all that I am saying. Wayne will have an impossible time to disprove any of this because it's all the truth....I really hate to be drawn down into the gutter over this thing and I'd normally bail at such a "Puss" case but my back and investment to date is up against the wall so to speak. I need to make good on all or some part of it. Sorry if you were one of the Kickstarter supporters who got scammed by Wayne...I had no hand in that deal or Hobby UAV.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,066 Posts
Hmm...wonder if this Wayne guys is friends with "Lipopilot"...
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
36 Posts
I am inclined to believe ATD on this one. it only took me a few minutes when i first read Wayne's postings and saw his designs to think that he had something "else" going on. it just seemed like he wasnt telling the whole story.. like how did he get his hands on some of his software and tooling in the first place... ATD you should get a lawyer with a excellent grip on American Business and criminal law. You hired this guy to do something and he defrauded you at best, and robbed you at worst. (anything over 1,000 dollars is a felony by the way) He committed a crime in America regardless of who the plaintiff is, or what country they are a citizen of. I suggest you get a LARGE % of all future sales of the tech pod, if not 100%. Besides, the entire program Wayne had going was paid for with other peoples money. Im glad you posted this. I was debating buying a techpod, but the previous mentioned "shadiness" of it had led me not to want one. I will however being buying a V tail configuration when they are available from you.

BTW, should you ever need any modeling done, feel free to contact me. Im not a certified engineer, my degree is in mechanical design. I design tools, jigs, do process control/improvement and I do a little end product design and a ton of R&D.But i work on a contract basis, Have no problem signing non-disclosure forms, and only ask for a fair Rate. and i guarantee you that this guy doesnt steal other peoples hard earned product and work.

Good luck with this situation. I hate to see good people knocked down by sorry people looking for a free lunch
MXDesigns is offline Find More Posts by MXDesigns
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:30 PM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,636 Posts
So, why did he do it? What are you not telling us? What will Wayne tell us? Ppl are rarely 100% evil and there is often reasons for everything. Somehow I feel theres alot more to this then what you are telling us. When did you guys fall out before or after the kickstarter?
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo