Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:25 PM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
55 Posts
Arnt there cashed pages of the old DIYD website to prove all of this?
kalikraven is offline Find More Posts by kalikraven
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:43 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2013
418 Posts
I asked for these already. Chris told me that I would need to get them from Ning and so far nothing back from them.
Asia Tech Drones is offline Find More Posts by Asia Tech Drones
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:03 PM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
55 Posts
I think Google has them too...
kalikraven is offline Find More Posts by kalikraven
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:38 PM
Joined Dec 2000
289 Posts
I just hope i get the one i paid for on kickstarter
Spin_Doctor is offline Find More Posts by Spin_Doctor
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
418 Posts
You will I'm pretty sure. Wayne has 500 of them so you are sure to get yours. I think the Kickstarter thing only took up about 150 of them and he has sold more but I'm sure there is plenty left. Of course you should order a Cyclops to get a better rounded package with much more options and flexibility and all plus more performance that the Techpod has.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 05:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
418 Posts
By the way for those of you who care....Wayne does not own the moulds he says he paid for....World Models owns them and did not offer to let Wayne pay for them....More cover up of the REAL FACTS....Again another point of FRAUD on you Kickstarter supporters....Sorry, I thought Wayne told the truth on that one, but the more I'm finding out, the more "Untruths" I find...
Old Mar 25, 2013, 05:59 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,401 Posts
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Mar 25, 2013, 06:56 PM
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,220 Posts
Too much drama, I wouldn't get either one
FloridaFlyBob is offline Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:05 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,013 Posts
Ignore the drama, fly what you want. If it is this plane, then so be it. None of us know the real story, nor should we really care. I do not buy into what either party says at this point, though each seem to have plausible grievances against the other. Let the legal system figure it out. Believe me there is suspicious business surrounding many copied planes out there today, even one you might own (I can think of at least half a dozen popular planes which are blatant copies of other vendors' planes)!

I got my Techpod a week ago. Paint is drying on it as I speak.

BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Mar 25, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:17 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,401 Posts
Cool Paint job!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 04:08 AM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Apr 2008
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asia Tech Drones View Post
By the way for those of you who care....Wayne does not own the moulds he says he paid for....World Models owns them and did not offer to let Wayne pay for them....More cover up of the REAL FACTS....Again another point of FRAUD on you Kickstarter supporters....Sorry, I thought Wayne told the truth on that one, but the more I'm finding out, the more "Untruths" I find...
So where did the "kickstarter" money go?
lee8sec is offline Find More Posts by lee8sec
Old Mar 26, 2013, 08:17 AM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,401 Posts
KickStarter money goes to WorldModels for making the Moulds'....(I'm guessing)....

Any videos' out yet?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 09:56 AM
Joined Jan 2013
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee8sec View Post
So where did the "kickstarter" money go?
I agree....Great paint job.....

Kickstarter money went to buying the plane kits, some extra "Stuff" to complete the kits not included in World Models offering., Shipping costs and....who knows. I do know that the minimum order was for 500 planes and the $45,000 was just barely going to cover all the basic needs. The Kickstarter supporters orders would be filled easily leaving about half of the planes left as profit for the venture. World Models did not offer for us to pay for the moulds so we would own or control them. I know because that was one of my main concerns for NOT going and using World Models to do the planes in the first plance. Instead of having that control over the product or project, they just offered at a much higher price the basic kits. So if you see another plane that is not a Cyclops or Techpod but looks like this a great deal, you may have a good idea from where it came from.

The initial milestone of the $45,000 goal was not going to even get met until Waynes "Family" chipping in $15,000 to get it over the goal line or it would have been a bust and nothing would have happened. You may ask; How does he know this? Wayne told me...that's how. But it is all good....you guys have your planes and Wayne has his dream fulfilled and we are all off and on to our next projects. I will have my Cyclops on display at the Beijing Model Expo in April and planes will be selling by that time. Cheers.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:04 AM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,401 Posts
".....I will have my Cyclops on display at the Beijing Model Expo in April and planes will be selling by that time. Cheers......"

Yeaaaah!!!!
We ALL can now get along......
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:47 AM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Mar 2008
249 Posts
So you are saying there still a chance for a techclops? alrighty sounds good
Qnzkrew is offline Find More Posts by Qnzkrew