HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:23 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron View Post
Well, I see that Wayne hasnt posted here, but his friends have.. Interesting that he hasnt tried to defend himself...
Myron
He doesn't need to defend himself on an open forum on the internet.

Wherever this plays out it will sure as hell be more official than RCgroups. Kudos to you Wayne for not posting in this thread. Its really boring and useless anyway.

Best of luck to both of you. Someone is a greedy bitch and is going to end up paying for it in one way or another. Just make sure the results get posted here, Diydrones, and on FPVlab when its over.

What a mess you people are in. A message to children under 15: Don't do business with people that have different goals than you. No matter what side of the story you choose, this one proves that they suck.
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:28 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Hmm, not sure I could pay for something with so much controversy attached to it. You won't know who your paying, the rightful owner or the cheat???
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:37 PM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
57 Posts
Some of us got into the deal on Kickstarter way before any of this was public.
kalikraven is offline Find More Posts by kalikraven
Last edited by kalikraven; Jan 30, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:47 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hmm, not sure I could pay for something with so much controversy attached to it. You won't know who your paying, the rightful owner or the cheat???
Who is the owner and who is the cheat? We'll never get a answer here. It's a shame all this has to be discussed here. I hope both parties can get it settled. Good luck to both.
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:34 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Who is the owner and who is the cheat? We'll never get a answer here. It's a shame all this has to be discussed here. I hope both parties can get it settled. Good luck to both.
Yep, exactly my point.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined Jan 2013
36 Posts
im inclined to buy from john. mainly because of the composite version, and the fact that everything he has said seems to have merit.
MXDesigns is offline Find More Posts by MXDesigns
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:37 AM
RCAPA #14
United States, TX, Wimberley
Joined Mar 2004
1,915 Posts
@ Legot (Lego, Play well) I dig that.... And your right that some greviances should be kept off the web, However when all your peers and potential customers are here, one should try to be at least open and honest about things... I know Wayne has alot of friends here and its only natural to jump in and defend your buddies. John didnt ask me to come here. I saw what was going on @ FPV Lab and felt it it only right to say something since Wayne never mentioned surviving on someone elses dime while the Techpod was in developement. John is no Areonautical engineer but he did put out alot of his cash that Wayne used so he could stay heads down working on this project... Granted John didnt get everything on paper, and shame on him for that, but does that mean Wayne should get to walk with the money that kept him going and all the revenue generated from the sale of the aircraft? I think not... If he was as great as everyone says, he should offer to payback some if not all of the money..

Myron
Myron is offline Find More Posts by Myron
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
This thread is disgracefull.. get a lawyer if you think you have a right to something, first thing they will say is dont post here.... if not, shut the hell up or both sides will suffer.
mawright89 is offline Find More Posts by mawright89
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
^^^^^^^^+1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:58 AM
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Good day,

My name is Dave, I own Aerosight. I came into this thread after a client sent me the link.

As some of you know, I have been listed in the thread as somewhat involved with Wayne and the Techpod project. On behalf of Wayne I would like to add some comments as many have chimed in stating that it is odd that Wayne does not get online and defend himself. To begin with I must suggest that everyone consider that their are always a few sides to every story. In defense of Wayne and what I personally know to be fact, don't get overly judgemental and over analyze what has been brought up. I expect that given the fact that Wayne owns the patent on the Techpod he is smart enough to choose not to discuss the facts of the issue as it would tarnish the proceedings. Next, I have known Wayne for quite some time and know the Techpod was exclusively his design, plan and work clear back before he met any of the individuals mentioned. He may or may not have had financial assistance to further the design, but what is known is the Techpod was ultimately financed exclusively by the kickstarter.com funding that Wayne owned completely. Those involved should expect that when the funds arrived to Wayne, Wayne himself would be the one to disperse any and all funds as he saw fit. Did Wayne have help, of course he did to a degree. Do people plan on getting some compensation? I am sure they would expect to, but when the time comes. People, "Investors", always want compensation prior to the hard work getting done whereas the hard working innovators who have passionately pursued the dream way before compensated financially are used to waiting. My company was asked by the three mentioned to assist in the promotion and future sales of that aircraft should it come to fruition. Aerosight will support only WAYNE in this project as his work is what we have witnessed. We also have been involved in a few conference calls with all involved that suggest to us that although we do not know what happened between those that assisted him, we do know where his place was and appeared to be when speaking to them all. Ultimately, the Patent infringement findings will take care of any questions people have. In the mean time who you chose to buy from is up to you. Ask yourself who you feel will support your investment when you buy a plane... An investor with no knowledge of the craft, or the guy who has pain stakenly spent his career chasing this dream. I feel it important to allow the two parties to work this out on their own so they both don't overly expose themselves to more drama than has to be. I am sure all involved will not be helped in any form by our opinions at play as will the FPV/UAV community...

Dave Skala / Aerosight UAV and FPV
civilianuav.com
Aerosight UAV is offline Find More Posts by Aerosight UAV
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:04 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,599 Posts
@Aerosight UAV
I'm not taking sides but you do contradict yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosight UAV View Post
Next, I have known Wayne for quite some time and know the Techpod was exclusively his design, plan and work clear back before he met any of the individuals mentioned.
Quote:
He may or may not have had financial assistance to further the design,
Quote:
but what is known is the Techpod was ultimately financed exclusively by the kickstarter.com funding that Wayne owned completely.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:43 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2013
439 Posts
Quote:
Good day,

My name is Dave, I own Aerosight. I came into this thread after a client sent me the link.

As some of you know, I have been listed in the thread as somewhat involved with Wayne and the Techpod project. On behalf of Wayne I would like to add some comments as many have chimed in stating that it is odd that Wayne does not get online and defend himself. To begin with I must suggest that everyone consider that their are always a few sides to every story. In defense of Wayne and what I personally know to be fact, don't get overly judgemental and over analyze what has been brought up. I expect that given the fact that Wayne owns the patent on the Techpod he is smart enough to choose not to discuss the facts of the issue as it would tarnish the proceedings. Next, I have known Wayne for quite some time and know the Techpod was exclusively his design, plan and work clear back before he met any of the individuals mentioned. He may or may not have had financial assistance to further the design, but what is known is the Techpod was ultimately financed exclusively by the kickstarter.com funding that Wayne owned completely. Those involved should expect that when the funds arrived to Wayne, Wayne himself would be the one to disperse any and all funds as he saw fit. Did Wayne have help, of course he did to a degree. Do people plan on getting some compensation? I am sure they would expect to, but when the time comes. People, "Investors", always want compensation prior to the hard work getting done whereas the hard working innovators who have passionately pursued the dream way before compensated financially are used to waiting. My company was asked by the three mentioned to assist in the promotion and future sales of that aircraft should it come to fruition. Aerosight will support only WAYNE in this project as his work is what we have witnessed. We also have been involved in a few conference calls with all involved that suggest to us that although we do not know what happened between those that assisted him, we do know where his place was and appeared to be when speaking to them all. Ultimately, the Patent infringement findings will take care of any questions people have. In the mean time who you chose to buy from is up to you. Ask yourself who you feel will support your investment when you buy a plane... An investor with no knowledge of the craft, or the guy who has pain stakenly spent his career chasing this dream. I feel it important to allow the two parties to work this out on their own so they both don't overly expose themselves to more drama than has to be. I am sure all involved will not be helped in any form by our opinions at play as will the FPV/UAV community...

Dave Skala / Aerosight UAV and FPV
civilianuav.com
Hi Dave,

What patents....?? Pending App. numbers please....
Asia Tech Drones is offline Find More Posts by Asia Tech Drones
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:49 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
That is one way of looking at it. The other is that as a consumer, it is only $200 or so. That is pocket change for us. And I can't see this being anything like a profitable business, selling to us cheapo FPV ers. They might sell a thousand of them, which is a big sell in RC these days - and yet that grosses them only 200k which a ton of overhead and thousands of hours of work. As a business owner with 7 figure production, I can appreciate how a 200k gross turns into a sadly modest income.

But when he sells it to Raytheon, it could be something else and that is between them and the civil courts to figure out. I surely can't make a determination.

OK the Raytheon is wild speculation, but I wish whoever the designer and owner is, all the best and thanks for my plane if it works as touted to work.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
36 Posts
oh look.. another friend of a cousin!

it looks like wayne removed some coments on FPV lab too. NO backbone.. im buying from john
MXDesigns is offline Find More Posts by MXDesigns
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:42 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
Still beating a dead horse. Let the guys work it out.