HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:11 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed View Post
I guess I was looking for the bottom line.

The bottom line is that right or wrong, your attitude will likely leave the seller unwilling to help you. As we've all pointed out already, kindness and respect go a long way, regardless of entitlement. You can be right, and still get screwed for acting like a jerk. Likewise you could be completely in the wrong, and still get hooked up just for being calm and considerate when dealing with people.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:12 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,894 Posts
Trader Rating: 604
Yep.

And I'm sorry to hear that the input doesn't help you. Again, I strongly believe that the issue isn't whether you're right or not, it's how you chose to communicate with the seller that has you in a pickle.
At this point, and at any point, you alway have the opportunity to step back and reset. If you make a change now in the way you communicate to him, you might get positive results, regardless of the funky communications you two already had.

Here's one possible option:
Hi XXX,
I'd like to apologize for my frustration in our communication up to this point. I was surprised and disappointed by the condition of the batteries, and I let my emotions get the best of me. I would like to return the batteries to you for a full refund. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Thanks,
Tom

Sometimes you have to give a little to get what you want.
-Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:39 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,311 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
yep.

And i'm sorry to hear that the input doesn't help you. Again, i strongly believe that the issue isn't whether you're right or not, it's how you chose to communicate with the seller that has you in a pickle.
At this point, and at any point, you alway have the opportunity to step back and reset. If you make a change now in the way you communicate to him, you might get positive results, regardless of the funky communications you two already had.

Here's one possible option:
hi xxx,
i'd like to apologize for my frustration in our communication up to this point. I was surprised and disappointed by the condition of the batteries, and i let my emotions get the best of me. I would like to return the batteries to you for a full refund. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Thanks,
tom

sometimes you have to give a little to get what you want.
-josh
:d +1000000
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:20 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
And remember ALLWAYS buy brand new lipos! the money you think you save with used lipos is deceiving!. Buy them brand new and you will know how they were cared for. I guess I would buy many things used but batterys I dont think so.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:33 PM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
I wish I would have now. The project I built runs on 12, yes 12- 6s 5000 batteries so you can see why I wanted to save a few bux. 24s3p is not cheap no matter what. With this high of voltage and amperage the amp draw is quite low comparatively speaking in terms of the R/C hobby. So brand new was not a prerequisite because at 5 to 6C they will last forever anyway.

New from now on.

Tom
litespeed is offline Find More Posts by litespeed
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:09 AM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,591 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Its too bad you didn't use paypal , they have a "not as described " reason to return them , I got some lipos from a scammer (tamia tony) he said , "new batterys , one has 4 flights , one never had a connector on it " they wouldn't hold voltage , I called thunder power , gave them the sn of the packs , come to find out they were between 3 and 4 years old! worse part , he left pos feedback as soon as I payed , I tried to get him to take them back , he said no , so I left neg feedback , he then left a second feedback for the same deal , neg this time , I emailed rcg about this , all they would do is remove BOTH neg feedbacks , so take feedback with a grain of salt anyway ....rant over ..
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:07 AM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Yea I know. Sorry to hear of your deal.....er scam. Thanks for the info.

Tom
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:39 PM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
So it's been 12 days and still haven't heard from my seller so I'm going to say who it is. I think I have been more than patient on this. I still have a crushed pack, 2 out of balance packs and one that appears to be usable. I am also going to leave full detailed feed back and how he sold out his honor for a measly $150.

Here is the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1799546 and here is his name RCFlyer55

I hope this saves someone from getting cheated out of hard earned money the way I did.

Unbelievable it has to come to this.

Tom
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:54 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,311 Posts
Quote:
So it's been 12 days and still haven't heard from my seller so I'm going to say who it is. I think I have been more than patient on this. I still have a crushed pack, 2 out of balance packs and one that appears to be usable. I am also going to leave full detailed feed back and how he sold out his honor for a measly $150.

Here is the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1799546 and here is his name RCFlyer55

I hope this saves someone from getting cheated out of hard earned money the way I did.

Unbelievable it has to come to this.

Tom

Well, I for one dont think this needed a bash thread, but each to their own.

You bought batteries from an ad, that near as I can tell, you bought them sight unseen. (no pics on the ad) Your pictures, still never showed the damage you are claiming, and I think a mountain is being made of a mole hill.

Again, had you worded that initial email differently, you might have gotten a better response.

Did you ever try...

Hello,
I am sorry for my previous emails, I'd like a chance to "start over" and explain the issues I have with the batteries, that may have happened in transit. blah blah blah...

I look forward to your reply.

sincerely,
Tom

If you did that, still doesnt guarantee a "do over", but I'd rather a situation like this be chalked up to experience, for both sides. You seem to have not accepted the blame for any of the outcome here.
But that is my opinion.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:55 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
The selling out the honor thing might be a tad much, I'll give the benefit if the doubt that they were shipped in good shape, but got banged up. What can I say, I'm a sucker that way.

BUT....that packing job didn't look that good. AND....you made efforts to contact him and get things going (even if that wasn't perfect). That was the same guy I send a PM to and suggested he stop in for comment. Never heard back.

At least you left feedback. Expect that you'll get the same in return, but I would worry less about feedback as a good buyer than if it was a seller feedback. Plus..this thread sums it all up!

And for the record, nothing wrong with buying used Lipos on here. There are some great deals to be had!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:03 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,894 Posts
+2 to the above posts.

To Tom,
I don't think you've responded to any of the folks who suggested what Props & I (and perhaps others) suggested - to try again, but this time with positive & polite communication. If you want positive results, you need to do something different. If, on the other hand, you want to play the "woe is me" game, keep on keeping on.
Any updates on the IR's of those batts, with or without the current connectors?
Josh
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:24 PM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
The seller hasn't been on the site since the early on the 19th. I wrote a letter but deleted it. I haven't touched the batteries since I took the pictures. For the record there was pictures on the post but now they are gone. I did not buy sight unseen. Selling out the honor thing may have been too much but I feel that is was has happened. Why would someone intentionally just drop out when there was a problem? From my side it appears to be admission of guilt but I can not be unbiased nor obviously have been from the start. If he just would have offered me something as a gesture of good faith. I got silence.

At first I was looking for ideas and I was told all the things I did wrong. I never pulled the "woe is me" card but It appears you interpreted it that way, looks as though I could use a grammar class.

Since he left me high and dry for 12 days and never came back to this sight I don't know what to do at this point.

I guess I need to asses the damage to see what is usable and what is not. At this point I may replace the connectors and run some tests to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
If you did that, still doesnt guarantee a "do over", but I'd rather a situation like this be chalked up to experience, for both sides. You seem to have not accepted the blame for any of the outcome here.
But that is my opinion.
I'm not sure why your so quick to blame me? I got upset "after the fact?" Prior to me getting upset he did take my money and did ship in a less than secure way, he did not send with insurance? Even though you didn't see the pictures I have a hard time figuring out why your spinning this around on me. Yes I could have been nicer, that's a given but that's it. I feel as if your friends of his because of the way you keep putting me on trial. For the record in my future if, God forbid, I should have to deal with another that sends what was not described in both pictures and text I will be much nicer conveying my thoughts.

Tom
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:33 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,894 Posts
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the response. Sorry that the seller isn't responding, even with friendly attempts to reach out to him. Either way I slice it, you did indeed get screwed, and that sucks. I hope when you IR the batts you find that they're in good shape.
Best,
J
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:33 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
If you learn nothing else from this:

1) Cover your ass, ALWAYS.
2) Treat people with RESPECT and manners. The less you think they deserve it, the more important it is.
3) Being right doesn't always end with being satisfied.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:51 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,311 Posts
Quote:
The seller hasn't been on the site since the early on the 19th. I wrote a letter but deleted it. I haven't touched the batteries since I took the pictures. For the record there was pictures on the post but now they are gone. I did not buy sight unseen. Selling out the honor thing may have been too much but I feel that is was has happened. Why would someone intentionally just drop out when there was a problem? From my side it appears to be admission of guilt but I can not be unbiased nor obviously have been from the start. If he just would have offered me something as a gesture of good faith. I got silence.

At first I was looking for ideas and I was told all the things I did wrong. I never pulled the "woe is me" card but It appears you interpreted it that way, looks as though I could use a grammar class.

Since he left me high and dry for 12 days and never came back to this sight I don't know what to do at this point.

I guess I need to asses the damage to see what is usable and what is not. At this point I may replace the connectors and run some tests to see.

I'm not sure why your so quick to blame me? I got upset "after the fact?" Prior to me getting upset he did take my money and did ship in a less than secure way, he did not send with insurance? Even though you didn't see the pictures I have a hard time figuring out why your spinning this around on me. Yes I could have been nicer, that's a given but that's it. I feel as if your friends of his because of the way you keep putting me on trial. For the record in my future if, God forbid, I should have to deal with another that sends what was not described in both pictures and text I will be much nicer conveying my thoughts.

Tom

Oh I am not blaming you. I am sorry you took it that way. Merely suggesting that again, a different approach would have quite possibly returned a much more receptive attitude from your seller.

No, I do not know nor am I associated with your seller in any way. I just think that again, a different attitude would have done so much more than a thread on the matter.

I truly think that if you did receive these batteries in poor condition compared to what you say you saw, that it was most likely done in transit. I am not going to say the seller packaged them poorly, as I did not see how they were packaged. All I or anyone else has seen is a box with some packaging materials in it, and been told one side of the story here. So in essence I nor anyone can make a full on judgement against either party, but we can offer suggestions. One of which, I feel was a good one, but you indicate that you deleted the letter you composed.

I wish you well in your endeavours in the RC Hobby. Take care, and good luck..
RCG Plus Member