Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:26 PM
Fly A Mile High
Aurora, Co
Joined Jan 2004
100 Posts
Discussion
Engine mounting question on Corsair 60 Arf

The manual says "Center the engine mount in relationship to the
oval holes in the firewall." What does that mean? Do I center the blind nuts in the center of the oval holes? Not quite sure how critical the location in the mounting holes is. Also, there are two pencil lines that intersect roughly in the middle of the firewall. I dont recall draing those lines(I bought this plane 5-6 years ago!) and there is not explanation of what they are for in the manual. Are the mounting bolts supposed to line up with them? Ive included a pic, hopefully you can see the pencil marks! Thanks for the help!

Brendan
shamrock1990 is offline Find More Posts by shamrock1990
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:53 AM
YAY the tourists are GONE
United States, MA, Sandwich
Joined Feb 2010
192 Posts
At work now but those are thrust lines. Will give more info later
Kit_Builder is offline Find More Posts by Kit_Builder
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:13 PM
YAY the tourists are GONE
United States, MA, Sandwich
Joined Feb 2010
192 Posts
On the edge of the firewall where the pencile lines are, is there small laser marks maybe 1/2 inch long. If yes then those lines are the Vertical and Horizontal thrust lines

If no I have no Idea what those lines are.

What brand ARF do you have?
Do you know what thrust lines are?

This forum is for the workings of engines you will get more traffic if you posted this in "fuel plane talk" forum
Kit_Builder is offline Find More Posts by Kit_Builder
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:10 PM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,916 Posts
Hangar 9 Corsair 60

http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/Fil...575-manual.pdf

The oval holes in the firewall are to allow the engine mount to accommodate multiple engine size and case widths. Adjust the mount location so you see equal amounts of the oval holes peeking out from the mounts and tighten the mounting bolts. If you're a little off, you'll never notice it.

My assumption is the lines on the firewall are either center or thrust lines.
Hemikiller is online now Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member