SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:09 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
515 Posts
Discussion
Paypal dispute & hobbyking, help please

Hi there.
A plane I ordered turned out to not be in stock(despite showing as in stock). Hobbyking offered a store credit but I really want a refund.

Ive put a dispute in with Paypal a week ago but nothing has happened. Do I need to escalate it ??
How long does the dispute process take ??
Is it going to be worth the effort ??

I have no issues with a plane showing as in stock not actually being in stock. These things happen.
I do have an issue with HK keeping my money regardless. I know I could have just used the store credit for future purchases, but there is a principle involved here. If you cant supply then surely , you MUST refund the $$

Cheers

edit: Ive just escalated the paypal claim, I guess its wait & see what happens.
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Last edited by 1101; Jan 25, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:19 PM
Joined Dec 2009
111 Posts
It should be a no brainer for HobbyKing. You have a valid reason for the refund seeing that it was there inventory problem that caused the issue. It isn't anything more than clicking the "Refund" button on there Paypal account they just want to keep your money. Surprised that Paypal hasn't already given you a refunded. You should of gotten the refund as soon as you told Paypal there was a problem. Escalate it.... Store credit??? I don't think so....
jstern429 is offline Find More Posts by jstern429
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:26 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
515 Posts
I escalated the claim & it will still take a while

from Paypal
"The seller has been asked to respond by 4/02/2013. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case. "

I would have purchased more from HK this week, but Im now buying from elsewhere until this is resolved .
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:07 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,840 Posts
1101, all you needed to do was put in a request via their service desk or chat and ask that they refund to paypal rather than store credit. They always store credit in the first instance unless you asl them to "cash"refund.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:26 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,843 Posts
Just happen to have a HK support answer to his question.

My question:
Quote:
If I place an order and for some reason after I have paid by PayPal , the item(s) are unavailable, what is the HK policy regarding the return of funds?
!1) Are the funds including shipping charges refunded through paypal?
(2) Are the funds turned into a credit?
(2A) If turned into a credit, can that credit be used to cover the cost of a future order including shipping?
(3) Is the customer given the option on whether funds are refunded or turned into a acredit?
These questions have been a hot topic on the RCG forums. An answer from you would clear up a lot of questions.
Thank you
Quote:
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We understand the concern. Given the situation, the following answers apply.

1) If one chooses to cancel an order which has not been shipped, he will receive a full refund which also includes the shipping costs.

As for questions 2, 2A & 3, if one chooses to cancel an order, the refund can be given in the form of bonus points or a refund to their PayPal. We usually issue bonus points first as it is faster to process and customer can use the points a few minutes after cancellation. Kindly note that the bonus points can only be used to cover the product costs and not the shipping costs. However, if a customer would prefer a refund to their PayPal account, we can simply deduct the bonus points and issue a refund instead.

I hope this clarified things. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Regards.
Ken
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:58 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
1101, all you needed to do was put in a request via their service desk or chat and ask that they refund to paypal rather than store credit. They always store credit in the first instance unless you asl them to "cash"refund.

Mark
I actally did just that.I specifically asked for refund & NOT a credit. They gave me store credit instead.
Their initial email had no options for refunds, just store credit. Same as when I went into that order in my a/c, no options for refund, just store credit.

Edit: Im back in the HK Live Help. Asking for a refund...
Last edited by 1101; Jan 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:26 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
515 Posts
I Tried Live help again & got nowhere

HK : I am sorry have you placed a hold on the fund?

Me: I dont understand what you mean. I have asked paypal to look into this

HK :One moment please.
HK: It seems there is a hold on your fund; therefore i am unable to refund you.

Looks like I'll have to do this through PAYAL
So much for refunds eh....
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:38 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
The HOLD is because you initiated a paypal claim. Because of this the amount is now frozen until Paypal resolve your claim.

There's nothing else HK can do now due to the Paypal HOLD you instigated.
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:47 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
There is a hold now because you put it on hold by initiating a paypal claim. If you would have used live chat, you could have gotten a refund instead of store credit in an instant. I think you have to cancel the paypal claim then contact CS to get the hold you started removed.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:50 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
The thing that stinks about escalating a case is Paypal gives like 30 days or something like that for the vendor to respond. If they don't respond, then at the end of that wait period, paypal will refund that amount back to you.

And yes, like others have said, once you put in a claim, that fund is frozen and neither you nor HK can touch that fund...so HK will freeze the store credit as well as any refund.

it's now just a paypal waiting game.

Good luck, and if you decide to buy from HK again, remember, there is a live chat to help.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:29 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Chances are they will issue a refund shortly, I don't think they would normally take the full time allotted to respond.

Also at this point it's probably best not to withdraw the PP dispute, let it run it's course.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:28 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Good luck, and if you decide to buy from HK again, remember, there is a live chat to help.
I'll definitely be buying from HK again, prices are so good I'd be stupid not to.
I know HK's prices have saved me far more than the $120 involved in this dispute.