HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:26 PM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
Help!
Need to find a Miss Stick Sr

Does anyone know where to buy a miss stick sr kit? I had one but my mother ran over the wing one night. If I can find one, whats a good flying old time plane? The Playboy? ( sorry if this isnt supposed to go here) This is my first balsa kit.
Pyrofan is offline Find More Posts by Pyrofan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:09 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,511 Posts
http://www.aerocraftrc.com/planepage.php?id=4
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
I saw that and was not sure if they were still in business. Is this a good 1st build.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:10 PM
United States, MA, Grafton
Joined May 2006
353 Posts
It's not a bad first build. A little finicky because you have to cut the sticks to length and cut the ends at the proper angles. You also have to soak and form the curved tips. But those are not too difficult to learn. Don't throw the old wing away - keep it to refer to.
tom1968 is offline Find More Posts by tom1968
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:15 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,220 Posts
Playboy's are great! I have 5. Best and easiest model to fly. Thermals like crazy. Everyone should learn to fly on one.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:05 AM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52 View Post
Playboy's are great! I have 5. Best and easiest model to fly. Thermals like crazy. Everyone should learn to fly on one.
Yea, Im starting to like it. Easy to build?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:11 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,220 Posts
Well, there are a fair amount of sticks, but you only have to cut and glue one at a time! I like building, so not an issue with me.
But they fly great! (did I mention that already?)
Bob Holman has short kits and plans for either a 52" span or 78" span.

http://www.bhplans.com/index.html Look under old Timer, Gas models.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:58 PM
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Mar 2010
108 Posts
I have been wanting a Miss Stick too. I had a horrible experience with AeroCraft and I never got my kit. So be very weary with ordering the kit from them.
tonyxwing is offline Find More Posts by tonyxwing
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:27 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,220 Posts
They are slow. I ordered a set of Elipstick plans from them and sent a USPS money order. After a few weeks I emailed them to make sure the MO arrived. Took 2 emails till they responded and another 2 weeks till the plans were shipped. Which I didn't find out until they arrived on my doorstep.

I think they are busy with their other kitting business and the Tom Hunt plans/kits are just a sideline.

But they are nice to talk to and very courteous. Again, just slow with the TH stuff.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:44 PM
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2003
1,286 Posts
I too had very poor service with this vendor. No response to e-mails or phone calls. It took 4 weeks to finally get an answer without an explanation and my answer to my problem was shady at that so..... I just opt to no longer do business with them but feel it is my duty to share my experiences with others so that it may help them in their decision.

Greg
Greg Knipp is offline Find More Posts by Greg Knipp