HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:47 AM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Question
Hoten-X with DEVO 7E losing connection

I have a Hoten-X, got it for Christmas this year. It is my first quad. It came RTF with the DEVO 7E radio. I have been flying for several weeks with no problems. Went out yesterday to practice my quad flying skills, and noticed that it is dropping the connection to my radio if I get further than about 100 feet away from it. The problem is intermittent, and happens at different points of a flight. It has happened while powering up and in mid flight. It does seem to hold connection, once it drops and reconnects. Example, I bind up, fly, lose connection, reconnect and it is fine after that for that flight. From there it will fly like normal, with expected range. I haven't crashed it yet, knock on wood, most of the time it is sitting on the ground when it loses connection. It has happened once while in the air, as I ran closer to it, it re-connected and was back under control. I've tested it at different physical locations to rule out any interference, no difference. I have inspected the receiver for anything that looks out of place, everything looks normal.

My connection process is this:
I connect battery to Hoten-X.(Lights flash)
I power on the DEVO 7E (Hoten lights go steady, then flash)
Radio and Hoten both beep and connect, after about 10 seconds
Lights on Hoten go steady on, with the slightest of flickering on the rear lights

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I know it is losing connection, because the DEVO 7E is beeping at me and the bind lights are flashing again on the quad; I have that sensor enabled on the radio. I am also NOT using the telemetry functions with the Hoten-X. (I have heard that it shortens flight times considerably.)
Johnny NoPants is offline Find More Posts by Johnny NoPants
Last edited by Johnny NoPants; Jan 25, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:09 PM
Australia, VIC, Bannockburn
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
Im have the same problem with the devo 7e and walkera ladybird V1
didgydont is offline Find More Posts by didgydont
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:12 AM
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
My instructions say to power on DEVO 7E first then Hoten. Not trying to be a butt or anything since I know nothing about this hobby. Could this be the problem?
Lactobeezor is offline Find More Posts by Lactobeezor
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:04 PM
United States, IL, Montgomery
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
binding

Yes you need to turn on the transmitter first then within 10 sec plug in the battery to the hoten--thats the way all my walkera quads work--try that good luck!!
WAYNE R is offline Find More Posts by WAYNE R