HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:30 AM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
Alert
yet another experience with high shipping costs

i've bought many, many planes from nitroplanes over the years. too many to count!

last week i ordred the art-tech p38 (400 class). shipping was $21 to my house on the east coast. most of us feel that nitroplanes is pocketing a large chunk of the charge but this kind of fee was expected and i am used to it.

last night i tried to purchase the new airflied pa34. shipping was now $35 dollars! for a smaller and lighter box than last week????

needless to say i did not complete the order. i know i am only one hobbyist but the last thread on this topic has around 380 views, that is a lot of customers that may reconsider ordering from you as i just did. this practice of gouging on the shipping costs is banana hobby-ish (you can see them do this almost on a daily basis on their website).

you have come a long way in the last five years or so, don't blow it and move backwards! please take a look at these shipping charges and make them reasonable.
rob737 is online now Find More Posts by rob737
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:28 AM
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Mar 2008
14 Posts
Doesn't this company realize if they had free shipping they're sales would higher rather than trying to make a few extra bucks
HALO3 is offline Find More Posts by HALO3
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:33 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
"free" anything rarely means that. They usually jack the cost of the items to cover their actual shipping. This vendor and BH do that with their price fluctuations and "sales" all the time. I've passed on more than a few planes because of $35.00 plus shipping charges. And yes I realize it's dimensional charges that do it sometimes, but I'm not paying 60 for a plane and 40 or so for shipping.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:31 AM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Apr 2012
223 Posts
Hey MotionRC has 5 dollar shipping on everything, and they sell most of what BH and NP sale, and they have better customer service. They are where I go for online orders my LHS can't fulfill
Cphipps0826 is offline Find More Posts by Cphipps0826
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
i'll check them out, thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:26 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,867 Posts
I've also bought 20 or so planes from Nitro in the past. I'm purchasing elsewhere now because of absurd shipping charges. $73 Dynam costs $36 to ship. That's half the cost of the plane - no thanks.

Just bought the Critical Mass from Motion RC. Hasn't been delivered yet but they shipped same day. If their customer service is even half as good as they claim, I'll buy lots from them.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:46 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
motion rc does seem like a good outfit. i'm going to give them a try, too.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:55 PM
Joined Jan 2013
219 Posts
Just ordered an Airfield Mentor, the red and white one. Shipping to Georgia was 15 dollars UPS ground. So far, I haven't had a problem with Nitroplane shipping costs to my place in Georgia.
daughtry50 is offline Find More Posts by daughtry50