SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:34 PM
Fly A Mile High
Aurora, Co
Joined Jan 2004
100 Posts
Discussion
Engine mount on 60 size Corsair Arf

Im building the H9 60 Corsair Arf and Im putting a TT F91S 4 stroke in it. My question is re: the included metal engine mount. It seems that the fit is really tight and the holes dont completely line up with the openings on the rails. If you look down through the holes in the engine you can still see a small amount of the rail underneath, so the mounting bolts dont seem to go in easily. I have yet to completely screw down the engine to the rails but I am thinking that it should be easier to screw down. Do I need to find another engine mount? The manual recommends the Saito 100 4 stroke and Im wondering if the Thunder tiger might be wider than the saito. Any ideas on this would be welcome!

Brendan
shamrock1990 is offline Find More Posts by shamrock1990
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:57 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
861 Posts
if the rails on the engine sit down flat on the rails. (the motor fits right extept for the mounting holes) you can drill a hole forward of the rails of the engine and back you can run a piece of flat over the top of the rails on the engine and bolt the flat to the mount. im not very good at explaining things but some one might be able to get a pic if they understand what i mean
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:03 AM
Engine Category Manager - EVO,
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2005
250 Posts
If the engine doesn't fit easily flat onto the bearers than your engine in likely wider than the Saito 100. I would suggest that you mount the rails separately from the airplane to the engine first and then put the engine/mount combination on the firewall. You can most likely slightly widen the mount to firewall holes to get the engine mounted. That would be the easiest solution to the problem.

Pete
Pete Bergstrom is offline Find More Posts by Pete Bergstrom
Site Sponsor