SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ross_badger, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:58 PM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
658 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
For Sale
Polycarbonate Domes for Rusty's UAP1 Frames

For sale are UAP1 frame hemisphere domes that fit Rusty's UAP1 frames. The cost is $25 plus shipping for a standard hemisphere dome or $30 plus shipping for a hemisphere dome with a removable GPS sensor protection/mounting pocket.

PM me if you are interested, or log on to my website to order: www.BadgerFly.com

The dimensions: 134mm inside diameter, 67mm from flat flange to inside top of dome, 161mm diameter of flat flange, 5mm vertical flange lip.

Clear Polycarbonate Material

0.080" thick (2mm) clear polycarbonate dome weighs about 73 gms and is very strong to protect those expensive electronics. Polycarbonate (Lexan, Makrolon, etc) is the strongest plastic and won't shatter like acrylic, PET-G, and other clear plastics that you can buy at a cheaper price. These are the real deal if you care about your electronics!

The flange has indentations to line up with the UAP1 frame outer plate holes. If you would want to use screws or stand-offs to mount the dome, simply use the indentations to drill appropriate size holes. The dome can also be mounted using velcro.

This hemispherical dome can be purchased alone or with an optional GPS sensor unit pocket. The pocket fits perfectly at the top of the underside of the dome to protect the sensitive GPS unit or other electronics that need to be mounted above the flight control board. It can be attached with velcro or with nylon or aluminum screws (steel screws will affect the GPS signal). The mounting hardware is not included. Polycarbonate plastic will not affect the GPS signal.
ross_badger is offline Find More Posts by ross_badger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:11 AM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
$30shipped I'll take one see how it fit my FY680, I want to fly during snow so this is good protection Thanks let me know
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:21 AM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
658 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
$30shipped I'll take one see how it fit my FY680, I want to fly during snow so this is good protection Thanks let me know
Log on to www.BadgerFly.com to see my F450 and F550 frame domes with the dimensions shown. One of those may fit.

Otherwise, let me know what size would work for you and maybe I can come up with a custom dome for you.

Thanks, Ross
ross_badger is offline Find More Posts by ross_badger
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:48 AM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
2,028 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
do you think it will fit this? the bottom plate is 160mm i think
Askyvision is offline Find More Posts by Askyvision
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:27 PM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer