HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by R Hudson, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:22 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
Sold
DJI F550 With NAZA GPS and Photohigher AV130

I have a DJI F550 hexa with NAZA GPS for sale. It has been built, set-up, and flies very solid. It has the Graupner 10x5 props which perform very well compared to the stock props. It comes with a Spektrum AR7010 receiver with satellite, 5 Zippy Flightmax 4S 5000mAh 40C batteries which have less than 30 flights on them and two of which are still brand new with no connectors even installed yet (will include the XT-60 connectors for those as well). I have installed bright yellow LEDs on the underside of the front arms (red arms) for orientation at altitude.
The gimbal is a Photohigher AV130. I am the second owner of this gimbal. It is an older model with the aluminum rollers but essentially the same as the current one other than that detail. It comes with the Savox SH1290 on roll axis and Hitec HS5645MG on the tilt. The arches have some wear on them from what I understood to be a tipover from the previous owner. The roll gear has some minor stress wear but mesh is still good. Everything was straightened and still operates as smooth as new. It is just cosmetic wear. The landing gear is the Precision Digital AV130 landing gear. There is also a Precision Digital Anti-vibration mount for the AV130. This mounts very nicely to the F550 and cuts back vibration very well.
The previous owner was running a Skyline gyro on this mount. If you plan on using the Skyline I can include (for an additional fee) a Savox SC-1258TG servo which has had the 360 degree mod and ready to run with the skyline gyro. The Hitec servo will not work with the Skyline but if you are not using the Skyline the Hitec works great.
I also have a Castle 10amp programmable BEC and Castle Link available (for an additional fee) for running higher power to the gimbal servos.

Info on Precision Digital Vibration Mount:
http://www.multirotorsolutions.com/...one-suspension/
Info on Precision Digital Landing Gear:
http://www.uavproducts.com/product.php?id_product=65
With these packs, gimbal, and Sony CX-110 or NEX5N with 16mm lens I was getting consistent 7:30 flights in colder weather( 35-40 F) with about 30 seconds more in fair weather. Motors with the Graupners run warm on hot days but not too hot. Stock props on this setup will create much warmer motor temps.
Here is a link to test video which shows roll smoothness and some flight from ground and air. I was using the NAZA gimbal output for stabilization and standard voltage to the servos. Higher voltage to servos would improve performance as well as a dedicated gimbal controller so this sample is just to show how it does in standard form with NAZA stabilization. This was about 35 degrees and with a reasonable amount of wind so things were being blown around a bit and I was very cold. Not the best demo of my flying skill but it gives you an idea of how it performs as-is:
F550 Gimbal Demo (4 min 40 sec)

I would like to sell as a package but I may entertain offers for F550 or AV130 separately.
I am asking $1600 for the entire package as described. Additional items can be discussed separately.
*****PLEASE send PM if interested. Thanks *****
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Last edited by R Hudson; Jan 28, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:07 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,512 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
If you separate, I may be interested in the AV130. PM me please if you decide to go that route.
HansAuf is online now Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:32 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
Hans, I currently have a potential interest in the whole package but I am PMing you now.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:01 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
Everything still available.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:50 AM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
Willing to separate
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:07 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
F550 has been sold.

Gimbal with mount and landing gear still available.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:31 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
All items have been sold. Thanks!
Closed Thread