HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:22 PM
Joined Sep 2012
46 Posts
Discussion
yet another LVC q - pack voltage vs remaining charge

Hello there. If this has been beaten to death someplace else (and it seems like it would have been) feel free to point me in the right direction... there are so many threads I could easily have missed it. I'm curious about how far one can run down a lipo under significant load. Is the problem with running down a battery one of voltage, or one of chemistry? If the battery pack rebounds to a reasonable voltage once load is applied, can the loaded voltage safely be run lower than 3.2v/cell or so without too much concern? My intuition is that any breakdown would be a chemical thing and if the voltage recovers under no load then things are ok. Or I could be wrong and puff expensive batteries, light fires, etc.

Thanks for any insight.
Steve
stevegalle is offline Find More Posts by stevegalle
to remove ads between posts