HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:37 AM
Head full of foam
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
You also have to remember that any new stock goes to back orders first, then goes to all others.
This is the key.

My new 9xr is in the mail right now.

I didn't get this by waiting for an e-mail as to when it was in stock. You HAVE to back order it. 10 days after I back ordered it, it shipped.

I was tipped off to this by another members post. The way he put it is that (making up numbers here) they have 150 coming in on the next order. They have 300 people waiting on back order. As soon as the 150 come in, they are ALL gone. It does seem that they put a few up on the site but as you found out, they don't last long.

CN: Back order it, it's about the only way to get one and they really do seem to get stock in about every 10-15 days.

Edit: OP, you should have just let it sit on back order. Now you'll be at the back of the line again.
RuralFPV is offline Find More Posts by RuralFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Be careful when backordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralFPV View Post
This is the key.

My new 9xr is in the mail right now.
I didn't get this by waiting for an e-mail as to when it was in stock. You HAVE to back order it. 10 days after I back ordered it, it shipped.

CN: Back order it, it's about the only way to get one and they really do seem to get stock in about every 10-15 days.
RuralFPV, you haven't receved yours yet. I think you will regret back-ordering if it arives DOA. Surely you used Paypal, but that only gives you 45 days to receive your order and determine if it is complete and not defective. Back ordering is OK for inexpensive items that have little chance of being DOA. If you are back-ordering more expensive electronics and it takes 10-15 days or more to ship and then another 3 weeks or more to arrive it leaves little time to contact HK about problems. Then the 45 day Paypal deadline has lapsed. Be careful when back-ordering.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:08 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
RuralFPV, you haven't receved yours yet. I think you will regret back-ordering if it arives DOA. Surely you used Paypal, but that only gives you 45 days to receive your order and determine if it is complete and not defective. Back ordering is OK for inexpensive items that have little chance of being DOA. If you are back-ordering more expensive electronics and it takes 10-15 days or more to ship and then another 3 weeks or more to arrive it leaves little time to contact HK about problems. Then the 45 day Paypal deadline has lapsed. Be careful when back-ordering.
I don't think anyone cares.

if you haven't notice, people are fighting for this Tx.
Actually, yea. no one cares.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:09 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Rural

the world may also end next week, but that shouldn't stop you from buying what you want, notwithstanding the doom and gloom.

Hi ho silver go get that TX!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:45 PM
Head full of foam
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Quote:
I have about $1200 in this current build. I already have a TX that will do what I really need. Do you think I really care if it comes DOA? Edit: Also, I'm an ET and a HAM, there is a fair bit of information out there already, chances are it would be connection related and I would probably just fix it myself. In fact, there is already one thing that needs fixing before you ever put a battery in it. They didn't put any strain relief on the wires from the gimbals. This stresses the connector on the other end. So I already have to open it up...

Quote:
Back ordering is OK for inexpensive items that have little chance of being DOA.
And this is one of those items.

Again, if you want one of these, you're going to have to put it on back order. I did as the OP tried and signed up for the e-mail notification before I was tipped off to how this all works. And just as the OP did, I got my notification, ONE DAY AFTER MINE HAD ALREADY SHIPPED. I sat there online, watching the site out of curiosity and saw the stock dissapear almost as quickly as it had appeared, chuckling to myself as to how useless those e-mail notifications actually are.

Sometimes in life, you just have to take a chance...

Edit2: You do have a point though, I didn't think of this when I ordered it. But still, I really don't care. LOL
RuralFPV is offline Find More Posts by RuralFPV
Last edited by RuralFPV; Jan 25, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:04 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Quote:
Blaaa,Blaaa,paypal,Blaa,45 days, blaa,DOA,blaa,hobbyking is evil,blaa, the sky is falling,blaa
Seems people have lost interest in your repetition valanti256/Homes/Co-pilot/ zoso1/Zoso2/Condor (insert appropriate user name).

Show us some 9XR DOA reports and facts or give it a rest pal.

Trying to scaremonger people by posting nothing but nay-say is never going to end well.
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:35 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad View Post
Seems people have lost interest in your repetition valanti256/Homes/Co-pilot/ zoso1/Zoso2/Condor (insert appropriate user name).

Trying to scaremonger people by posting nothing but nay-say is never going to end well.
Oh man! The truth hurts.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:40 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
Mine turned up all fine and dandy. I was fortunate though as it was Mode 1 and each time they released a batch they seem to sell a bit slower than the Mode 2's. Nice radio for the money, using the FrSky JR module in mine.

I like the new approach. Keep the horse on hand, makes the flogging a lot easier

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Exactly

Quote:

Well put. Another way to look at it is as follows:

Oddly enough the people who are constantly flaming that vendor are the same ones who cry about censorship too. How is that possible when all they do is complain about that vendor? Trying to get my arms around that one.
Last edited by porcia83; Feb 05, 2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Let's see the Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by valanti256
Blaaa,Blaaa,paypal,Blaa,45 days, blaa,DOA,blaa,hobbyking is evil,blaa, the sky is falling,blaa
Trexmad, You and I borh know that I DID NOT make the above quote YOU FABRICATED IT. It is completely fabricated BS.
Provide a LINK to where I said that.

I have the right to discuss any and all topics posted by RCG members.
There is nothing in the rules that restricts where RCG members can post.

LET'S SEE THE LINK TO THAT QUOTE
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:10 AM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Other than PayPal and it's dispute expiry, is HK pretty decent for warranties? If it's DOA by some odd chance, am I SOL?
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:18 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
they have one, but some have had better luck than others using it.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
???

Edited to comply with a newly enforced by previously unknown or unenforced rule that prohibits the discussion of infractions and posting OFF TOPIC.
co pilot is offline Find More Posts by co pilot
Last edited by co pilot; Feb 06, 2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: edited to comply with a newly enforced by previously unknown or unenforced rule that prohibits the discussion of infractions
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:44 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by co pilot View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/recentwarnings.php
porcia83 Jan 25, 2013 12:54 AM 1 / Trolling by Private Message Please do not send other users PMs claiming that you are sleeping with their wife.
Hahahahaha so much for not reporting people
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Well put. Another way to look at it is as follows:
edited to comply with a newly enforced by previously unknown or unenforced rule that prohibits the discussion of infractions
Last edited by porcia83; Feb 05, 2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: can't afford more freebies