HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:34 PM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Discussion
So #$%* *(*$# P#ssed Off

Got an e.mail that the Turnigy 9XR is in stock. Within minutes I ordered. Showed reserved and in stock just before I paid. Right after I paid and go to view my order, it then shows as being on backorder. What kind of crap is that?! I'm getting really fed up with HK. Cancelled my order and opened a dispute with PayPal until I get my money back. Bastards.
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
Last edited by Thai; Jan 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:07 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
That thing is unobtanium. Got an e-mail yesterday on this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Literally within 4 minutes everyone of them was gone. Same thing will happen again I think.

But why open a PP complaint so soon? Don't you think you would get it back faster just asking for a refund? With PP involved now it could take weeks.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:11 PM
Fuzzy Member
Renton WA
Joined Oct 2001
824 Posts
So they get something in and sell out quickly before you can order it. Yes it's a pain, but hardly worth opening a dispute untill you give them a chance to handle the matter. It's a computerized system. give them a chance to react. When I have had a problem with an order, and emailed them civilly, they have responded quickly and resonably.
lupy is offline Find More Posts by lupy
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:11 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
I'm not familiar with the PayPal process. They removed the order from my account in HK and I was still charged. The PayPal resolution process says it's between me and HK until I file an actual claim.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:13 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupy View Post
So they get something in and sell out quickly before you can order it. Yes it's a pain, but hardly worth opening a dispute untill you give them a chance to handle the matter. It's a computerized system. give them a chance to react. When I have had a problem with an order, and emailed them civilly, they have responded quickly and resonably.
Their system needs a safeguard. When you have items in your cart and are in the process of making a payment, that should be final.

I liken it to paying for something at the cash register at a store and then before leaving the store they take it back and tell you it's on back order. That's pure BS.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:22 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Their system needs a safeguard. When you have items in your cart and are in the process of making a payment, that should be final.

I liken it to paying for something at the cash register at a store and then before leaving the store they take it back and tell you it's on back order. That's pure BS.
You are right, You should go buy it at your LHS and avoid issues like this. At the LHS, they would never ever take it back once you have it in your cart.

unfortunately, it's not at your LHS and This can potentially happen at any other site too; but happens to happen at HK since rc addicts like myself and others go in there and buy by the boatload each time and clear out inventory before normal people see it. So, instead of buying 1 HXT900, we but 100, and instead of buying 2 orange rx, we buy 20; heck we even buy stuff we don't need.

BTW - they can't hold stock when you only have it in your cart, since thousands of people have thousands of stuff in their cart without ever buying it. It's like going to your LHS and putting tons of stuff in your cart and hiding it in the corner. Only in the virtual world you multiple that by millions. If they did what you suggest, you wouldn't be able to buy anything, since everything would be held up in carts.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:25 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
You are right, You should go buy it at your LHS and avoid issues like this. At the LHS, they would never ever take it back once you have it in your cart.

unfortunately, it's not at your LHS and This can potentially happen at any other site too; but happens to happen at HK since rc addicts like myself and others go in there and buy by the boatload each time and clear out inventory before normal people see it. So, instead of buying 1 HXT900, we but 100, and instead of buying 2 orange rx, we but 20.
Actually most other sites (if not all other sites) have your items as reserved during the payment process. It's not like I took 10 minutes to make the payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
BTW - they can't hold stock when you only have it in your cart, since thousands of people have thousands of stuff in their cart without ever buying it. It's like going to your LHS and putting tons of stuff in your cart and hiding it in the corner. Only in the virtual world you multiple that by millions.
You're right. BUT, during the payment process, that cart should be considered SOLD.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:33 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Actually most other sites (if not all other sites) have your items as reserved during the payment process. It's not like I took 10 minutes to make the payment.

You're right. BUT, during the payment process, that cart should be considered SOLD.
hmmmm....I see your point. HK only reserves it after your payment goes through. I guess I try to see it both ways....

it's kinda hard on HK as well...
in the case of paypal, when you leave HK's site and redirected to paypal, you may never pay and just leave...or may not have funds...I guess they could hold your items for say 10-15 mins
in the case of check, MO, western union, that gets even more hairy

well, good luck next time.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
The PayPal resolution process says it's between me and HK until I file an actual claim.
That's correct Thai, You opened a dispute. Now HK can simply refund your money and the dispute is resolved. If they won't refund you money or if they ignore the dispute then quickly escalate it to a claim. It's free and simple buyer protection. You opened the dispute so dont close it until it's resolved. Then you have all your money back (not a HK credit) and can re-order or do whatever you like with it.
co pilot is offline Find More Posts by co pilot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:09 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by co pilot View Post
That's correct Thai, You opened a dispute. Now HK can simply refund your money and the dispute is resolved. If they won't refund you money or if they ignore the dispute then quickly escalate it to a claim. It's free and simple buyer protection. You opened the dispute so dont close it until it's resolved. Then you have all your money back (not a HK credit) and can re-order or do whatever you like with it.
Thai,

Listen to Co pilot- she knows best. She's had like 50 disputes with HK through paypal.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:16 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Thanks. Just waiting for my money back now. But they really need to change their shopping system so stuff like this doesn't happen. Also, they should know better and order HUGE quantities for production on popular items like this. Like really, they probably order in 30-50 at a time or something ridiculous.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:59 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
This radio is the most popular thing on their site right now. If you want to get it when it comes back in stock, just keep it back ordered. If not, try to beat everyone else thats trying to grab them. Several people who have setup sites that check when the hk product page changes, sending them an email to let them know they are in stock. This thing is insanely popular for a reason, don't expect it to be easy. Then you have people like this buying more than 1 and gouging everyone else. Tons of people want them, not just you. You will get your money back, and you didn;t have to file a paypal claim to get it. Contacting CS would have been your best bet. Now you have to wait for whoever handles the claims.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:08 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
This radio is the most popular thing on their site right now. If you want to get it when it comes back in stock, just keep it back ordered. If not, try to beat everyone else thats trying to grab them.
You also have to remember that any new stock goes to back orders first, then goes to all others.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:23 PM
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Then you have people like this buying more than 1 and gouging everyone else.
***** a *****.

*Edit* - I wish people weren't so greedy and would allow others an opportunity to enjoy the hobby without being extorted by such scalping actions.
Last edited by Thai; Jan 25, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:27 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Well, I once ordered a 9x after getting an email. In stock, put it in my cart. Went to get some other stuff to save on shipping. But when I went to finalize my order, it was out of stock, even though it was in my cart. I just stopped the order before I completed it, and learned that if you want a high demand item, you have to check out ASAP.

Another time I ordered something, but realized it was the wrong thing after I ordered it. Went through their customer service system, was refunded as a store credit. Asked to have it rufunded to my paypal instead, and they did.

I think you just have to be aware before you hit that final confirm, and if you still miss it, at least ask for the resolution you want. But I agree that it would be nice if items placed in cart were treated like real items in a real cart at a real store, at least for a reasonable amount of time while you try to maximize your shipping cost by buying other things you need.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f