HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:48 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
Devjavu, I'm going to buy one of those helping hands, ha I was just looking for one too. Is the quality alright?

Also, what servos come stock on the 500e super combo?
Hey Fin.. Ya know for only $10 one would think ok it's going to be crap..But its actually pretty sturdy and well made. Will give china a +1 on this one.

Stock servos on the Align 500e are ds510 for cyclic and Ds520 for tail. It's a great align bargain kit. They fly really nice. Mhills likes his a bunch as well. About the only thing i did not like was the plastic fb paddles one has to put the stickers over. I went ahead and bought some c.f paddles. I have some spare c.f paddles.. If you do buy, let me know and ill send you a couple. ( free of course )

cheapest i can find so far http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-REX-...item2c679e40e4
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:25 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,946 Posts
Amainhobbies isn't much more (maybe free shipping):
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-Fiber-Blades

So the 500e has plastic grips? What else is plastic? Not a fan.

The pro model is a lot more though, especially fbl. My 450's are pro's so I haven't dealt much with plastic stuff. Wouldn't it be worth it for metal parts on the 500 pro?
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,452 Posts
Ahhhhhhh...But the align 500e is not your run of the mill Barbie doll plastic , It's actually a carbon fiber plastic mix.. Very strong. Yet just enough give if a crash were to take place it would rebound rite back. ( within reason..No hard core dirt naps of course ) Where as the metal would just bend. -imo- A perfect step up from 450 to 500 Pilots. I was not a fan of belt driven tails until i got ahold of this 500E..This one swayed me to appreciate both belt and T.T ** Main blade grips, washout control arms & tail case are carbon fiber / plastic **

P.s Did you by chance see that "Fake" Web site over in the Electric heli forum where they pulled the covers on the site where they were selling Align 500E's super combos for only $120 ??.....lol..If that were legit i would have bought 3 kits.

P.P.S....Mhills can give you some good info on the 500 Pro..From what i understand its one finicky bird that loves high head speed And has 3.5 - 4 min flight times. .....It's a Hot rod 500
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Jan 28, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,452 Posts
Here is a better look at the heli ( notice the head and tail) ...http://helidirect.com/align-t-rex-50...14-p-23216.hdx

Often if i just let my cart sit for 2-3 days helidirect will Email me a 10% off coupon. So there is a possible option.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:21 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,891 Posts
The 500e grips are extremely strong. The older regular aluminum grips would almost always be damaged in a hard crash. I still have all the reinforced plastic parts on my 500e and I trust it all enough to be inside my Airwolf fuse.

The pro is made to fly at 3000 head speed. Many have tried to slow it down by changing the main gears to the older set and run into tail holding issues. The pro uses a different gear ratio for the tail that can only be changed with a R2 aftermarket tail block that runs over $100. Also the stock pro is over geared. The only useful way to run governor is to change the gearing to standard 500e. The rest of us just run a flat 100%

Here is a pic of them side by side.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:25 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Been quiet because it has taken me a month to rebuild my 500 after a crash. Even with clone parts, I could have paid for 4 crashes worth on the 450 Pro....lol. I have it sitting in a corner waiting for main blades. I found the tail vibs problem. I had a slightly bent tail shaft new out the package. It seems the clone companies have a hard time making decent parts for the 500 and up. I bought an Align tail shaft and it now spins up as smooth as my 450s...also waiting on an order for a Wasp Nano CP for indoor practice...thats all for now.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Been quiet because it has taken me a month to rebuild my 500 after a crash. Even with clone parts, I could have paid for 4 crashes worth on the 450 Pro....lol. I have it sitting in a corner waiting for main blades. I found the tail vibs problem. I had a slightly bent tail shaft new out the package. It seems the clone companies have a hard time making decent parts for the 500 and up. I bought an Align tail shaft and it now spins up as smooth as my 450s...also waiting on an order for a Wasp Nano CP for indoor practice...thats all for now.
Oh yeah..Wow it has been awhile..I remember your 500 crash. It happend about the same time as mine. I was doing a 6' invert and brain farted down is up and up is down in a pull out..That cost me about $150..Doh

I checked out your wasp nano.. Looks like a nice little trainer. Better with a wasp then a 500 heli yo..
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Tell me about it. I just wish banggood used faster shipping. I ordered it on Jan 7 with some parts and I am still waiting. Last order from them only took 2 weeks. I ordered 2 of those cheap quads for my nephews...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,452 Posts
Banggood...Their a china outfit rite ? ... I dont know for fact, But have they started their Chinese new year thing yet when they basically shut down for a month ? if so that could be the hold-up on your order.

For anybody interested Hk now has their T-600 motors in their U.S.A warehouse. I wont go into detail but I trashed my " brand new " Align 600mx 1220 kv motor i intended to use on my 550. And Yes I'm still stuck with this damn Align 600XL 1600kv motor..( I swear this motor is possessed and refuses to leave me, Jinxing any other 600 motor i may bring into my home ..lol ) Anyways....No more $20 shipping makes this very nice. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

** Dont forget you need to mod -Dremil wheel- your 550 & 600 frames to fit this motor **
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:59 AM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
250 Posts
Finally got my 500e setup. The servos are all in and are moving in unison... Been a while since I setup a flybar model using my transmitter. But it all seemed to come back with a bit of patience. Got a chance to spin it up in my basement and found that the gear mesh is too tight, will loosen it tonight

Got a message this morning that my 450 quad parts are on their way... So thats going to be my next project. I should have plenty to play with by the time spring decides to show its pretty face
mrmj2u is online now Find More Posts by mrmj2u
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Banggood...Their a china outfit rite ? ... I dont know for fact, But have they started their Chinese new year thing yet when they basically shut down for a month ? if so that could be the hold-up on your order.

For anybody interested Hk now has their T-600 motors in their U.S.A warehouse. I wont go into detail but I trashed my " brand new " Align 600mx 1220 kv motor i intended to use on my 550. And Yes I'm still stuck with this damn Align 600XL 1600kv motor..( I swear this motor is possessed and refuses to leave me, Jinxing any other 600 motor i may bring into my home ..lol ) Anyways....No more $20 shipping makes this very nice. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

** Dont forget you need to mod -Dremil wheel- your 550 & 600 frames to fit this motor **
Can you believe the package came yesterday. I checked the tracking this morning again at work and it said delivered. It went from being prepared for shipment from Switzerland to delivered.. Wife is so use to these packages from China she forgot to tell me. Plus my new beast dna packs for the 450s are at the post office...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Can you believe the package came yesterday. I checked the tracking this morning again at work and it said delivered. It went from being prepared for shipment from Switzerland to delivered.. Wife is so use to these packages from China she forgot to tell me. Plus my new beast DNA packs for the 450s are at the post office...
Beast DNA packs Rings a bell..Same makers of the Win Max battery's ? I have one win max 6s 5200mah 40c i use for my 550. Very very good battery . Have a link to where you buy your beast DNA's ?? I refuse to pay thunder power prices for a battery. But always looking for a step up from turnigy.

Also very kool your package arrived unannounced. Those are always good days. ( Im now thinking its feb. that china shuts down for a month )
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:25 PM
Umm what just flew off my ship
Joined Jan 2010
1,016 Posts
Quote:

It knows things ..... Try the Trash if you really want to get rid of it that bad ......LOL
GhostFlyer1 is offline Find More Posts by GhostFlyer1
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,452 Posts
@ ghostflyer....Lmao..Im afraid to. This thing will then jinx me, And i will be nailed by an in-flight 550 or larger. ....On a serious note. As soon as i find its replacement . (again) it will go back into a hobby drawer. I have learned its nearly impossible to sell without just giving it away...Its actually a good motor. It just runs so damn hot It's hard for me to trust it long term.
I honestly dont know of any one running an align 600Xl now days.

What did you decide on...Did you light up a 700 ?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:11 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,891 Posts
Quote:
Beast DNA packs Rings a bell..Same makers of the Win Max battery's ? I have one win max 6s 5200mah 40c i use for my 550. Very very good battery . Have a link to where you buy your beast DNA's ?? I refuse to pay thunder power prices for a battery. But always looking for a step up from turnigy.

Also very kool your package arrived unannounced. Those are always good days. ( Im now thinking its feb. that china shuts down for a month )
The beast DNA is me that your remember lol! I got one for my 500pro. I have only gotten to fly it once and it does have a lot more punch than my Align packs
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread