HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:55 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
250 Posts
Excellent! That is definitely an accomplishment! If t were flying season, I'm sure mine would all have a bit of crash damage lol. It's about 30* F out right now. Supposed to snow all night, again... So no flying for me any time soon...
mrmj2u is offline Find More Posts by mrmj2u
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:00 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmj2u View Post
Excellent! That is definitely an accomplishment! If t were flying season, I'm sure mine would all have a bit of crash damage lol. It's about 30* F out right now. Supposed to snow all night, again... So no flying for me any time soon...
lol...Thats very true..With bad weather comes in-tact models, I dont fly as often this time of year. But i do fly the 450 atleast 1-2 times a day out in the back yard just to keep the muscle memory going strong.

Here is what i have so far on the rhapsody..Just waiting on electronics now.

Here is the pilot i decided on..Ceck out them tig ol bitties. Going to name her michelle.. ( inside joke for finguz ) lol c'mon...Ya know ya miss that
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Feb 20, 2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:11 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
I'm looking forward to the temps around here raise to 30 degF, I can fly at that temp, we are forcast to get another 4-5" tonight, no big deal, with the tractor I can clean that up in less than an hour....if I don't break another shear pin I had to dig out a broken water line under the drive way and now I break shear pins like crazy.....

oh well, no flying but I have just finished 2 projects
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:07 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,401 Posts
Looking good Ewood, You dont mess around when it comes to your helis. Have all your bases covered. ext. bec. satalites, flymentor ect.. I keep meaning to pick up a couple of those orange sat's, But everytime i do they seem to be on backorder.
Whats it like flying with a flymentor ? If it's what i remember correctly it see's the ground within 5-6 feet and keeps a stable hover ? But then when in fff all bets are off ?

Dont think i would like digging a trench in frozen ground @ 30 deg. temps. Better you then me kinda thing.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:08 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
I don't miss the drama dejavu that's for sure. But other than that you're right . I miss em all though.

Hey go ahead and tell everyone your pilot's full name .

I hope she falls out on invert. Stupid .

ewoodcox: nice heli & setup man.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:57 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Looking good Ewood, You dont mess around when it comes to your helis. Have all your bases covered. ext. bec. satalites, flymentor ect.. I keep meaning to pick up a couple of those orange sat's, But everytime i do they seem to be on backorder.
Whats it like flying with a flymentor ? If it's what i remember correctly it see's the ground within 5-6 feet and keeps a stable hover ? But then when in fff all bets are off ?

Dont think i would like digging a trench in frozen ground @ 30 deg. temps. Better you then me kinda thing.
yep, those orange 9ch go quick, I would like 2 more for projects that I am working on and they are in stock now but I am busted

Have not got to fly the flymentor yet, trying to map one of my 3 pos switches so I can change between the 3 flight modes. I just finished setting it up this weekend and the weather has been pure crap around here with highs in the teens I hate the cold.

Yep, day after Christmas, one of the best Christmases EVER I noticed the problem. My neighbor has a backhoe and it respects no frozen ground so digging it out was easy, now the stones and gravel are taking out shear pins no matter how much I raise the thrower when I go over that area Anyway, I can change out a shear pin in minutes now

Anyway, I need spring to get here, it's been 2 weeks since I have flown
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
My ailerons are beveled (also my rudder)... a lot more than a few mm. Like in the picture below.

So I was wrong, there is recommended throws in the manual (pictured below)... but I'm not sure where to measure from. I need to get a setup for setting deflection... maybe I'll build something simple with an adjustable ruler and a base.
Measure it at the widest part of the aileron and elevator. Recommendated throws are just that "a recommendation." Set it up according to your flying style.

If you don't have a throw meter, you can made one out of construction paper or carboard. Here are example pics of a throw meter at 45* measuring the aileron on mine Extreme Flight Extra 300.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:21 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
Thanks chopper, the guys in a Techone owners thread were telling me to measure it furthest away from the fuselage, which also happens to be the smaller side of the aileron surface.

My question only applied if I had to actually measure the throws with a ruler, but with a angle tool like you made there I don't imagine it matters where along to aileron I do it. The manual says recommended max throws on my aileron is 35 degrees (up&down), so I probably won't go above that for fear of ruining the plane. I have a few angle tools/grabbers I'll try using.

I do plan on adjusting to fit how I want it, I just want to maiden it with stockand see the feel of it first. It's my first plane too, so it's a little worry of the unknown.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:27 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
I'm looking forward to the temps around here raise to 30 degF, I can fly at that temp, we are forcast to get another 4-5" tonight, no big deal, with the tractor I can clean that up in less than an hour....if I don't break another shear pin I had to dig out a broken water line under the drive way and now I break shear pins like crazy.....

oh well, no flying but I have just finished 2 projects
Nice Pictures of the Heli's. I see your using your flymentor as a tail gyro as well? I will be installing mine on one of my scale Heli's and wondered if the FM tail Gyro will be sufficient in holding the tail. I have a trex 500 going into the A109 and the 600 Going into The Airwolf That I just bought. Can't wait for it to come in. My 600 is in a Bell 206 at the moment but like the A109 and Airwolf looks better especially with the retracts.

Snowing here as well and the temps SUCK! Some People don't care if it is cold or snowing......Right Mike?
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:34 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,401 Posts
I'm about to put up in classifieds a " crazy" good deal on 500 Align electronics and and enough spares to do a build Along with 3 canopys..If anybody here is interested or need something hit me up via pm.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:40 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,818 Posts
Yea! and my wife would kill me!!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:44 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Yea! and my wife would kill me!!

6 years later and your wife is finally getting hip to where all the extra $'s have gone. You had a great run
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:49 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,818 Posts
Well it was fun. Never let your wife help out and get you a heli. It's a trick so they learn what is going on!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:31 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
Joined Aug 2012
3,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Well it was fun. Never let your wife help out and get you a heli. It's a trick so they learn what is going on!
lol....she found out what one really cost's ?? uh-oh..

Ok fellas...check this out..http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1825748 canopys sold quick..fingers crossed the rest does as well so i only have to make one post office trip..(That line suk's)
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:30 AM
Umm what just flew off my ship
Joined Jan 2010
1,016 Posts
Bah.... I fired the wife ... don't have that problem anymore Roflmao
GhostFlyer1 is offline Find More Posts by GhostFlyer1
Closed Thread