HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:02 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
the whole thread could be moved over there as the one that started it all actually. lot of good info from many knowledgeable people is to be found in here.
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:18 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,672 Posts
true, but honestly, some of these topics should get threads of their own as well.
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:59 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
oh, absolutely... I'm currently researching how to pair my old moto droid with Arduino. seems pretty straightforward actually. but everything I'm finding is using Blue tooth as the way for the two devices to "talk" to each other, I'd like to be more hard wired via USB personally. but whatever I come up with, it should make for an interesting tutorial once I get it down.

I've orderd a new battery and batterybay door for the old phone, and found the old micro SD card from my old black berry

once the phone is restored and properly rooted with super user privliges, I'll begin that project in ernest...

the phone itself has a 750mgz ARM processor, for number crunching. 512MB of internal memory, can take up 32 gigs of storage via micro SD.

it has on board, a magnetometer/compass,orientation sensors, GPS, Bluetooth. wi-fi. and of course, a cellular phone radio and that can give you mobile internet networking
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:01 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,672 Posts
Seen at the Petaluma Hobby Show.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnome View Post
oh, absolutely... I'm currently researching how to pair my old moto droid with Arduino. seems pretty straightforward
Speaking o' 'droids....

And they all work and have lottsa' special effects too.
. .
And there were more running around too....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Feb 13, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:28 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
I dont think that those are the droids I'm looking for...

I'll move along...

Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:58 AM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,605 Posts
I dunno BG... Im a big starwars fan and to own that black R2 unit would be really cool. That droid was destroyed when the Death Star went boom!

Massey
Massey is offline Find More Posts by Massey
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:58 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,672 Posts
Roflmao! Weak minds are so easily influenced by digital beer LOL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massey View Post
I dunno BG... Im a big starwars fan and to own that black R2 unit would be really cool. That droid was destroyed when the Death Star went boom!
www.artoo-detoo.net/

There is actually a rather large community of R2 builders out there if you really need another hobby ;P
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Feb 14, 2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:37 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,222 Posts
This thread is in the wrong forum now. Does the OP want to ask the mods to move it where it belongs?

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:22 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnome View Post
I dont think that those are the droids I'm looking for...

I'll move along...

Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:33 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
This thread is in the wrong forum now. Does the OP want to ask the mods to move it where it belongs?

Andy
I really should.. .I guess just use the Notify a moderator button? ask them to change the name while they are at it or something?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:53 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massey View Post

Massey
Along with all those poor contractors working on the thing. A construction job of that magnitude would require a helluva lot more manpower than the Imperial army had to offer. I'll bet there were independent contractors working on that thing: plumbers, aluminum siders, roofers. . In order to get it built quickly and quietly they'd hire anybody who could do the job. Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms. All those innocent contractors hired to do a job were killed - casualties of a war they had nothing to do with.
All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia - this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:36 PM
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
Thread has been renamed. can mods please move this over to homebrew and hacks?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:51 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,672 Posts
Well, here it is guys, the final results of the poll at the time Mr. Jim closed the thread! And we had exceeded the closure count of 100 in just about 30 hours! Wow! This is really off to a flyin' start and it's all your fault Again, Thanks To All

RCG Plus Member