Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
141 Posts
Discussion
parts for my Tx....

hey guys..i have a dx4e that came with my super cub and the high/low toggle is broken and stuck on high....which i guess is better than being stuck on low but i need to replace it...i have searched for dx4e parts and haven't found any....was hoping someone could point me in the right direction....thanks guys....
pugs2300 is offline Find More Posts by pugs2300
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,267 Posts
A decent electronic shop should have some in stock.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:26 AM
Joined Jan 2013
141 Posts
lol...ok yea i didn't think about radio shack....thanks
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:09 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,179 Posts
dont be silly. You have a radio that is supported by Horizon Hobby. If you pay for the shipping to their service center, they will generally fix it or replace it and ship it home at no charge to you.

if you start opening it up and mess something up, you might accidentally void your warranty.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
dont be silly. You have a radio that is supported by Horizon Hobby. If you pay for the shipping to their service center, they will generally fix it or replace it and ship it home at no charge to you.

if you start opening it up and mess something up, you might accidentally void your warranty.
well i don't really consider it silly to fix something myself....it would be cheaper to buy the little switch and do it myself than it would to pay the postage to them...besides i broke the switch...it wasn't defective of anything...
oh and i void warranties on all my stuff before i ever use it...warranties just hold you back man...free yourself from the grip they impose on you...open stuff up...move things around...replace things...remove things...if you screw things up...fix it...youll feel better at the end of the day....
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:36 PM
Joined Jan 2013
141 Posts
fixed the switch...the new switch feels much better...i think ill replace the other one as well....or would that just be "silly"..lol...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:38 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,179 Posts
You can be an ass, I was only trying to help.

I simply value my time differently than you.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:28 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs2300 View Post
fixed the switch...the new switch feels much better...i think ill replace the other one as well....or would that just be "silly"..lol...
In my book, you saved time, money and have the satisfaction of doing the job yourself
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:43 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
500 Posts
Very much in support of the do it your self repairs. Changing out a switch, pot, backup battery etc is entirely within the abilities of anyone who has learned which end of a hot soldering iron to pick up.

I have yet to be impressed by any radio manufactures service facility. Between shipping (1) and lost after arrival at a manufactures service facility I have lost 4 transmitters and several receivers as well as an ESC. Perceived value / class of the radio is no indicator of quality either
Hugh P is offline Find More Posts by Hugh P
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
You can be an ass, I was only trying to help.

I simply value my time differently than you.
my bad brother...didn't mean to be an ass....just didn't see the point of spending 10-15 dollars on shipping my radio back and being without it for weeks and possibly not ever seeing it again when i could go spend 4-5 dollars and fix it in literally 5 minutes and have a better switch....It just seemed silly that you thought it was silly of me to fix it myself....