HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:57 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
115 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Discussion
How would you feel? offered the asking price then tells you he received winning PM

basically this guy starts a sales thread and lists his asking price with no mention that he accepts offers via PM. I see no offers on the thread and I said I will take it at the asking price but no replies and I sent him a PM. he goes offline and another guy comes in and says he sent payment.

then he replies and tells me the other guy had actually sent in his offer via PM earlier than me.

a buddy of mine referred me back to here from ebay, telling me the community here is more reliable and trustworthy than ebay.

wth?! he never states that he accepts offers via PM and suddenly says he got an offer before me? what's next? his neighbour rang his doorbell before the first PM came thru? or his cat bought it before his neighbour rang the doorbell? he still has the cheek to say he knows how i feel as he has gone through this before.

irresponsible seller.
murcielago is offline Find More Posts by murcielago
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:04 PM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,463 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Maybe you're new to buying/selling,, but PMs are the way to make a serious offer,, if someone beat you to it,, what's the problem?
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:04 PM
United States, MI, Vassar
Joined Jan 2006
583 Posts
Trader Rating: 98
Pm's are normal for deals here. Most people ask to be pm'd, it's quicker that tracking down each thread.
Sounds like you were not first to respond.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:06 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,444 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
All of us take offers via PM - it is quite common. He sold to the first offer - sounds like a stand up guy to me.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hey watch this!
United States, IA
Joined Jun 2011
2,131 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
Ya posting to the thread, does not get the same reaction as a PM will.

Its a free trading venue, treat it as such. No different than using the local newspaper, the seller is in no way obligated to sell to the first offer, as it is just as much their choice to sell to you, as it is the choice for you to choose who to buy from.

Take it as a learning stroke, and walk it off. It will get better once you learn the ropes.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:15 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
115 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
i never disputed the fact the pm came first but he suddenly says "oh i accept PMs, calls, knocks from neighbours and my cat meowing"

imagine if u were the first to Pm then he says his cat bought it first. he should have specified how he would accept offers!
murcielago is offline Find More Posts by murcielago
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:25 PM
United States, TX, Red Oak
Joined Jan 2012
727 Posts
How do you know if you were the first to PM him? Someone could have looked at it a minute after he posted it.
ryanf58 is offline Find More Posts by ryanf58
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:26 PM
Hey watch this!
United States, IA
Joined Jun 2011
2,131 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by murcielago View Post
i never disputed the fact the pm came first but he suddenly says "oh i accept PMs, calls, knocks from neighbours and my cat meowing"

imagine if u were the first to Pm then he says his cat bought it first. he should have specified how he would accept offers!
I think we are all trying to help you here, but you gotta help yourself a lil bit as well. Dont go losing sleep over this, as the seller is under no obligation to sell to you even if you were first to PM, send certified letter, phoned and drove to his house.

It is what it is, walk it off, you will find another soon, I am sure.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:30 PM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,463 Posts
Quote:
i ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,imagine if u were the first to Pm then he says his cat bought it first. he should have specified how he would accept offers!
OK,, I'd laugh it off and be glad I didn't send the fool my money

We just explained to you the common practice here,,, you've been schooled,, better luck next time
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:52 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,292 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Quote:

Bottom line...the seller can sell to who ever he wants...its time for you to move on... there will be other deals Grasshoppa....hehe...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:11 PM
Going Supersonic!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
709 Posts
Trader Rating: 74
Next time send a PM and write on the thread that you sent a PM. You can't win them all. Don't let this one transaction ruin your RC Group experience.

Cheers!
Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:16 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,193 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
I always send offer via PM. I never make an offer in a thread. No ones business what I am willing to pay for something.
tlh101 is offline Find More Posts by tlh101
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:16 PM
Down is up and up is expensive
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
207 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
I'll guarantee you that whatever you wanted will come up again soon and it may even be cheaper than what you were going to pay the last time. You just have to be lucky to be on when it comes up for sale and fast on the keyboard to PM and post when you see it. There's a bunch of eyes on here looking for good deals, including me!
oneagleswings is offline Find More Posts by oneagleswings
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:36 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
3,684 Posts
Trader Rating: 123
I have my pm's linked to my email. I get a pm, I get an email. My email is linked to my phone. I get a pm, I get an email, I get alerted on my phone. Done deal. It's also not a deal until the money is sent. Don't take it personally, there are plenty of deals out there to be had!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:51 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
388 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Sent a few PM's to different sellers in the last few days. Didn't get replies and the items were marked sold the following day. It is just the way it is. It would be nice if everyone sent a reply but you just don't know how many PM's the seller is going through. The good news here is that there is always another good deal coming. Patience........
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector