HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, Olympic Valley
Joined Feb 2013
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
Man, its 100ºF here today, if I lived where you live, I'd be on strawberry fields off KT22.
I would be too ... but home sick from work today with the flu We finally got a half way descent snow storm all of 18inches. These last two years have been so lean in this part of the sierras that its funny we now get excited over a measly 18in. What happened to the days we measured our storms in multiple feet?
STMPNGRND is offline Find More Posts by STMPNGRND
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:47 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STMPNGRND View Post
I would be too ... but home sick from work today with the flu We finally got a half way descent snow storm all of 18inches. These last two years have been so lean in this part of the sierras that its funny we now get excited over a measly 18in. What happened to the days we measured our storms in multiple feet?
Well keep your dam snow, lately we've been getting a storm every 3 or 4 days and I want to see green grass
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Last edited by richkphoto; Mar 08, 2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:48 AM
Multicopter Addict =)
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2009
62 Posts
TigerMotors will made blg motors, I hope soon =)

copteryx is offline Find More Posts by copteryx
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:00 AM
Joined Jun 2009
226 Posts
Stupid question maybe, but I'll ask anyways: why is there no current limiting circuit on the board? Basically if you wind your motors wrong and/or load the gimbal too much you will fry the controller. I hope you didn't skip the few dollar current limiting circuit to make people buy more controllers when they fry them constantly...

(as a disclaimer I must say I'm not too familiar with electronics and the above notion came from a friend of mine. He's an electronics engineer and just happened to take a look at the board. After like 15 seconds he popped up his head and asked: "Why there's no current limiter? This kind of circuits should always have one!")
Trnquill is offline Find More Posts by Trnquill
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:19 AM
France
Joined May 2009
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnquill View Post
Stupid question maybe, but I'll ask anyways: why is there no current limiting circuit on the board? Basically if you wind your motors wrong and/or load the gimbal too much you will fry the controller. I hope you didn't skip the few dollar current limiting circuit to make people buy more controllers when they fry them constantly...

(as a disclaimer I must say I'm not too familiar with electronics and the above notion came from a friend of mine. He's an electronics engineer and just happened to take a look at the board. After like 15 seconds he popped up his head and asked: "Why there's no current limiter? This kind of circuits should always have one!")
Hi Trnquill,
I think your friend has a very good point !
Is it possible to get an answer from Alex (the designer) on that particular point ?
Thx
tshado is offline Find More Posts by tshado
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:24 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
The driver chip has an overtemp protection, that will do the exact same job. Draw too much current, and the driver will overheat and shut down - this will happen way before the absolute rating on the chips is reached, because the heat dissipation on a 50*50 pcb is a limiting factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnquill View Post

JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:31 AM
France
Joined May 2009
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
The driver chip has an overtemp protection, that will do the exact same job. Draw too much current, and the driver will overheat and shut down - this will happen way before the absolute rating on the chips is reached, because the heat dissipation on a 50*50 pcb is a limiting factor.
Great !
Thanks for your answer JussiH
tshado is offline Find More Posts by tshado
Old Mar 08, 2013, 05:11 AM
E-Copter
Paris / Nice, France
Joined Aug 2002
2,091 Posts
HI,

i confirm, the driver chips have over current and over temp protection and we tested them both ( just rise the power for motors above an acceptable value and motor winding + chips will heat up pretty quick) : )

When overtemp activates, the motors stop working until the temperature gets back to an acceptable value.

But it's ot a reason for putting crazy values, PID and Power settings in the GUI must be adequate and not too high.

BEst regards,
Fabien
Bricobrac is offline Find More Posts by Bricobrac
Old Mar 08, 2013, 06:03 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Winding these lil motors is a pain. I find big motors are quicker to wind. Took me 1.5 hours to wind lil motor. Took me 32 mins to wind big motor.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:20 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Blekinge County
Joined Aug 2010
70 Posts
Thanks Jussi.
I got my bord today. Very fast delivery I must say.
Regards,
Bengt
Gredeby is offline Find More Posts by Gredeby
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:30 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gredeby View Post
Thanks Jussi.
Regards,
Bengt
Great, hope you will enjoy it!
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:12 AM
Just never satisfied...
Sweden, Örebro County, Askersund
Joined Jul 2005
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gredeby View Post
Thanks Jussi.
Regards,
Bengt
Same here.
Thanks!

Still waiting for motors to rewind. In the mean time, I'm making a drawing of my Cinestar gimbal in SolidWorks. The idea was to modify this for the brushless controller.Probably more work than to design something new, but I've invested a lot of money in this gimbal...

/Pär
PairAir is online now Find More Posts by PairAir
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:51 PM
Joined Apr 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PairAir View Post

Still waiting for motors to rewind. In the mean time, I'm making a drawing of my Cinestar gimbal in SolidWorks.

/Pär
Great job, but...
You don't need to wait too much now

Brushless gimbal special motor (0 min 43 sec)

Just need to add that I'm an AlexMos controller retailer, but not with this board

@++
La DroneShop is offline Find More Posts by La DroneShop
Last edited by La DroneShop; Mar 08, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:11 PM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
796 Posts
Is there any brushless gimbal for Gopro alerady avalaible to buy? Just gimbal + motors, without the controler?
The one from e-copter looks promising.
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:12 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
Is there any brushless gimbal for Gopro alerady avalaible to buy? Just gimbal + motors, without the controler?
The one from e-copter looks promising.
Not as of yet at least not in full release.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor