Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:47 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianJ View Post
What the.....

Note the video, that is my product, used to promote a computer rendering of a gimbal, from a company with whom I am not associated.

At least have the courtesy to credit the owners.

Sebastian.
There are a number of EU consumer, business and copyright directives that would apply here, but that is not the point...nor do I have time for such actions!

Here is a product that so far only exists as a solidworks rendering - beeing promoted with our video and absolutely no mentioning of the fact, that it was shot with a completely different gimbal, made by a competing business.

No mention of the creator of the system either. They assumed complete ownership of video and technology to promote a gimbal that so far only exist as a computer rendering. I am a bit shocked that a serious business would act in this way towards their customers and competitors.

I have sent an email to the people behind it and I choose for now to see it as an oversight and not a deliberate action to leech on a competing product and conduct false advertising towards their customers. I am sure a correction will be made or the video removed

I dont mind competion, in fact I welcome it. But there is a proper way to do things...

As Sebastian says, you are welcome to use the video to promote the Alexmos system, but have the common decency to at least credit it with the following text:

Quote:
"Video shot with Autoquad hexacopter and Alexmos SimpleBGC controller from Viacopter/Flyduino. Gimbal design by SebastianJ"
A link to this thread and www.simplebcg.com should be included as well!

And here is another example, whatever happened to oldschool journalistic trades like fact-checking and research....eUAS basically just reposted Kopterworx´ news article:

http://www.suasnews.com/2013/01/2070...bal-for-gopro/
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:10 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,125 Posts
Same here:
http://www.e-copter.com/portal/?page_id=97

I asked them to tell their customers that the video doesn't show their own product.

They meanwhile mention that this is Jussi's product.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kinderkram; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:11 AM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,580 Posts
Greed...Money...and just plain disrespect.

It is sad when people with innovative ideas are willing to share and help out this community only to have other vultures let money/sales cloud what little common sense they have.

I do hope us group members can enjoy this journey before others stomp on it.

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:44 AM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,644 Posts
I have been in contact with E-copter and Kopterworx, and I am sure it was an oversight that will be resolved and proper credits placed.

We dont need to blow it out of proportions with talks about legal actions and all that nonsense. Its a simple matter of common decency and I am sure that both Kopterworx and E-copter agrees with me on that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:59 AM
Joined Feb 2012
740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
The controller can also take the pitch/roll gimbal output from your FC - it uses this to know the attitude of the frame, this is used to lock in the stabilisation further for fast moves and looking down angles and involves a calibration procedure (a simple one)
Does this bypass the IMU on the gimbal controller? If it was connnected to AQ in this way would you be able to tilt manually without a separate Rx?
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:34 AM
Montreal, quebec, canada
Joined Jun 2007
779 Posts
Just to be sure.

You will sell the controller for ANY gimbal ? So anyone can use your controller on the gimbal they design

Right ?

Will it be 3 axis ?
Guizmo12 is online now Find More Posts by Guizmo12
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:35 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guizmo12 View Post
Just to be sure.

You will sell the controller for ANY gimbal ? So anyone can use your controller on the gimbal they design

Right ?

Will it be 3 axis ?
Yes it will be availible as controller only.
There are package that will be availible with already wind motor etc..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:46 AM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
I have been in contact with E-copter and Kopterworx, and I am sure it was an oversight that will be resolved and proper credits placed.

We dont need to blow it out of proportions with talks about legal actions and all that nonsense. Its a simple matter of common decency and I am sure that both Kopterworx and E-copter agrees with me on that.
Well, as one who has watched from the sidelines for over a year with a keen interest in following gimbal and gimbal control developments, I find their use of other people's developments and products a complete turn-off. Outside of these forums, I have a professional life in a different industry. Nothing sells our service better, and damages the prospects of our competitor more, than the competitor falsely presenting the work of others as though it was their own.

Looking forward to the AlexMos capable of smoothly flying a broadcast quality camera/lens system. I think the developers are on a promising track.
rcposter is offline Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:07 AM
Cambridge, UK
Joined Jan 2008
76 Posts
To be fair to e-copter, on Alexmos' site, the "Where To Buy" page points to e-copter and fpvmodel, saying that he's talking to both of them as distributors. E-copter's page then explains their plans and says that there are no pre-orders as yet. Seems pretty reasonable. No idea if Kopterworx are just being opportunist or what.

Martyn
Nicodema is offline Find More Posts by Nicodema
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:21 AM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,644 Posts
I have talked on the phone with Fabien from E-copter, and he assured it me it was an oversight that will be fixed. I have no reason to believe that he is anything but a serious designer and manufacoterer, that is just as interested in seeing Alex´s work succeed as we do.

Lets get on with this. I am working on a motor winding tutorial, but I dont know when I can finish it - I have a very busy week ahead of me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:31 AM
Joined Nov 2012
175 Posts
I've talked with Fabien for few days now and he seems very straightforward and serious guy.
From what I remember, since the beginning as the video was there, Jussi was credited ("A small video of Jussi Hermansen, on Alexmos based gimbal controller")

It never says that Fabien's gimbal was the one that made the video, everyone can see that on picture is only a 3D model.

Although, nowadays, its pretty common to sell something that don't exist yet - but at least he is not asking for deposit.
alfi666 is offline Find More Posts by alfi666
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:40 AM
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jul 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Rest assured there will be versions for other popular cams as well. We are already working on a version for Compact and System cams, and I just loaned a CX730, so we will make a version for that too....
Hi JussiH,

is there a plan for making a version for Sony RX100?
dhano6 is offline Find More Posts by dhano6
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:51 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhano6 View Post
Second that. The RX100 is an amazing flying camera.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:58 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhano6 View Post
Hi JussiH,

Yes, we are working on a fully adjustable medium sized gimbal for compact/NEX/RX100/etc.
SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:36 PM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianJ View Post
Yes, we are working on a fully adjustable medium sized gimbal for compact/NEX/RX100/etc.
good choice...rx 100 is the shiit!
you should implement a servo to controle the zoom button just dreaming a bit
pocket cineflex here we come!
Patscherpofel is offline Find More Posts by Patscherpofel