Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:03 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
If size matters...
I find the Photohigher Hero gimbal very attractive:

Arent these like $2k to $50k? miles outside average joe and his uncle....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1663773

Exciting times at the DIY end of the spectrum!
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:38 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
One question I have about these type of controls is, what happens when the gimbal or motor stalls for some reason? There is no positional feedback to know where it is, it is all relative.
there is. thats what the imu is for. the sensor is on the cam so the system always knows the position of the cam.
no need of hall sensors or pots.

you can see the imu on top of the cam.

warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:26 AM
Joined Jan 2013
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
there is. thats what the imu is for. the sensor is on the cam so the system always knows the position of the cam.
no need of hall sensors or pots.

you can see the imu on top of the cam.
How would that work with input from the Tx? Will it cause problems once the camera is turned manually? Does it remember what position it should be in rather than just level?

I really like that Hero gimbal, I might try to mold something like that myself one day. But first I'll start with a simple carbon tube construction. Don't understand why it is impossible to find lightweight aluminum or carbon angled ferrules for 15-25mm rods.
Pelagic is offline Find More Posts by Pelagic
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:28 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
How would that work with input from the Tx? Will it cause problems once the camera is turned manually? Does it remember what position it should be in rather than just level?
My understanding (which should be wrong) is that is just uses the inputs as an offset amount from what it sees as level.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:35 AM
Joined Jan 2013
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
My understanding (which should be wrong) is that is just uses the inputs as an offset amount from what it sees as level.
So it needs continuous input? As in the moment we let go of the sticks the gimbal returns back to center? I can see that being an issue if we need the gimbal to do a complete 360
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:39 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
i would say its basically like a flightcontroller. as long as you dont give a stick input the copter stays in its position/angle (acro/gyro only mode). the sensors detect an external influencing of eg wind and controls the motors in a way that the copter dont changes his position/angle.
the same applies to the gimbal. in the gimbal case: the flightcontroller is the gimbalcontroller + imu, the copter is the cam and the coptermotors are the gimbalmotors. wind would be the moving copter or other influences.
with the combination of gyro and acc the controller is able to calculate the horizontal position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
So it needs continuous input? As in the moment we let go of the sticks the gimbal returns back to center? I can see that being an issue if we need the gimbal to do a complete 360
this would correspond to the stablemode of a copter.
holding position after stickinput would correspond to the acro/gyro only mode.

i dont see a reason why both modes shouldnt be implemented.
Last edited by warthox; Jan 24, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:58 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
What the.....

http://www.kopterworx.com/Kopterworx-NEWS/

Note the video, that is my product, used to promote a computer rendering of a gimbal, from a company with whom I am not associated.

At least have the courtesy to credit the owners.

Sebastian.
SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:02 AM
Joined Jan 2013
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianJ View Post
What the.....

Note the video, that is my product, used to promote a computer rendering of a gimbal, from a company with whom I am not associated.

Sebastian.
Send them a takedown notice. Followed with a 3x industry standard bill if they don't comply
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:04 AM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
What the.....

Sebastian.
Your product, on a flight controller which they dont distribute or promote

Here in the Canary Islands, we are also designing some gimbals ment to be used with simple BLGC boards, but I think itīs really to agressive and dishonest to try creating expectation for a product that still does not even exists showing an unfinished untested render with a video that belong to somebody else.

You have my support.
apejovic is online now Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:09 AM
Spain, PV, San Sebastian
Joined May 2012
128 Posts
totally agree +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
Your product, on a flight controller which they dont distribute or promote

Here in the Canary Islands, we are also designing some gimbals ment to be used with simple BLGC boards, but I think itīs really to agressive and dishonest to try creating expectation for a product that still does not even exists showing an unfinished untested render with a video that belong to somebody else.

You have my support.
nuki is offline Find More Posts by nuki
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:10 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
Thanks guys.

Anyone is free to share the video, all I ask is to credit the people behind it.
SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:15 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys.

Anyone is free to share the video, all I ask is to credit the people behind it.
I am sorry to hear about that Sebastian.
You deserve the credit about that gimbal and people should at least put your name there..

I guess you will have to do cheap, not attractive design so nobody will whant to share them.. HaHa..

Victim of his own popularity.

Can't wait to see the final production Gimbal.

Take care Sebastian

Eric
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:23 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
What the.....

Sebastian.
In your southern neighbouring country exists a nice and efficient tool for such cases, that helps cleaning the market from black sheeps (or at least educating them) without clogging up the courts with bagatelles: Abmahnung

Not sure if it can be applied EU-wide.

It's typically a 2-3kEUR fee, and those who had to pay it once will be more careful next time (and better follow the law).

EDIT: The question is of course if anything illegal happened. That depends on which license you have granted Youtube when you have uploaded the video and configured it. It might be legal what happened, it might be illegal. The ethical point of view is a different one though.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:24 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
What the.....

Sebastian.
welcome to the party...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:46 AM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Aug 2012
247 Posts
Quote:
Not sure if it can be applied EU-wide.
It can though the form and the name of it varies (as well as fee's). I used it before in Poland and Czech Republic.
Some EU countries require you to post such request before suing somebody. But in reality, it's pretty hard to enforce it successfully...
jamac is offline Find More Posts by jamac