Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:23 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post

I find the null version on the net ... no idea if it is stolen or what

As well, I have no idea if control board producer pay any royalties to Alex

Assuming on my 'approach' Alex has got no profit for his great work, I will look if I can donate via PayPal some money to him

Anyhow .. what I can say it is that his code/firmware is miles ahead of the open source comunity in this area

Nulled AlexMos means like cracked. The official version cannot be installed w/o paid license. So, you are actually using cracked = stolen version.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:33 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Nulled AlexMos means like cracked. The official version cannot be installed w/o paid license. So, you are actually using cracked = stolen version.
Stolen is a strong word ... anyhow ...

I see Alex is not selling his Firmware, he apparently have just a chain of reseller that sell the HW with his Firmware already on it. At least this is what I get from his site: http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/ / http://www.shop.rotorsandaerialmedia...U-RCR-AMGC.htm

I will go back to open source.

I'm not making money using any RC gimbal, it was just an experiment.

Whatever you may think, I have stolen nothing ...

Bye

e_lm_70

ps: Unsubscribed
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:42 AM
Joined Jul 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
Just letting you know that I have added some convienient text features for the main pinouts on the controller housings available.

Ken

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kenscadmodels
Hi Ken.
Is there space for heatsinks in your ¨box ¨ ?
Regards.
/Janne
JanneH. is offline Find More Posts by JanneH.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:32 AM
Joined Sep 2011
331 Posts
Something about the above post makes me think of that aqua song sorry for being so random
flashervn is online now Find More Posts by flashervn
Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:18 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanneH. View Post
Hi Ken.
Is there space for heatsinks in your ¨box ¨ ?
Regards.
/Janne
Janne,
There is 1.5mm clearance between the IC and the inside of the housing. Certainly is possible to cut a hole to clear a heat sink. I am referring to the third axis controller box.

Assuming the same hieght on the board for the main (2 axis) controller board, there is 5mm clearance between IC and inside of housing directly over it.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:21 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
No, this is for the 3th ax only
i'm looking the full box for the full card V3 with integrated 3th ax
http://www.armbgc.com/armbgc-v3-0-al...troller-3-axi/
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:29 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
Nice package, but no, I don't or have not done that one.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:23 PM
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
495 Posts
photoshipone will have this one http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1851400&page=6
flytahiti is online now Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:57 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
288 Posts
Hi guys,

Here's my problem: I have two 3 axis setups, one balanced for GH3 and one gimbal balanced for Scarlet, all using 2_2 b2 software.

In GH3 setup i have set a 3 profiles to CMD switch to keep pan axis off for takeoff, one for follow mode and one profile for two operator setup. Now my question is, how do you do all new three profiles for 2nd setup if using one GUI on one computer. It only allows to use 3 profiles including all settings so i can set it only for one gimbal. Any tips how to have more profiles for change profiles using command assignment?

Really appreciate your help,

Kari
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:12 PM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
We've drawn up a case for the ArmBGC v3.0 with 3 axis and case for IMU. Has provisions for USB extension for USB port to be flush with case, and a plastic button to interface with the button switch on PCB.

I don't think we'll sell these in our web shop but will probably put the file up on Sculpteo.
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:51 PM
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
We've drawn up a case for the ArmBGC v3.0 with 3 axis and case for IMU. Has provisions for USB extension for USB port to be flush with case, and a plastic button to interface with the button switch on PCB.

I don't think we'll sell these in our web shop but will probably put the file up on Sculpteo.
too bad i would like 3 !!!
flytahiti is online now Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrustler View Post
90% calibration issue.

Are you using direct drive or belt drive on pan? Belt drive change poles to 42

Your I is is .05 or .5 ?
Still can't get yaw dialed any better. Every time I pitch the mr it goes a bit haywire. PID is currently 12, .05, 40 with power at 90. This is currently way too weak for decent stabilization, but it reduces the "haywire effect" when I pitch it.

I've tried recalibrating this several times, simple and 6-point (quick recap of 6-point: place IMU level press Calib ACC, repeat for each of the other 5 sides, then press write). Sensor is located upside down directly underneath the camera (this upside down-ness is reflected in the settings). Pitch and roll work great.

I've tried just about all the extremes of PIDs I can think of. Change poles to 42 didn't seem to make any difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
Old Sep 19, 2013, 09:30 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2011
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Hi guys,

Here's my problem: I have two 3 axis setups, one balanced for GH3 and one gimbal balanced for Scarlet, all using 2_2 b2 software.

In GH3 setup i have set a 3 profiles to CMD switch to keep pan axis off for takeoff, one for follow mode and one profile for two operator setup. Now my question is, how do you do all new three profiles for 2nd setup if using one GUI on one computer. It only allows to use 3 profiles including all settings so i can set it only for one gimbal. Any tips how to have more profiles for change profiles using command assignment?

Really appreciate your help,

Kari
Make a duplicate of the entire folder and name it whatever you like.

Example original folder GH3 the other Scarlet.

When you open the scarlet GUI still it will read profiles from the gh3 profiles. Since the config files save full path. To fix this > load > from the drop down select > Scarlet folder > profiles > profile 1.

From that point onwards each GUI in each separate folder will load separate from each other.
dasrustler is offline Find More Posts by dasrustler
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:44 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrustler View Post
Make a duplicate of the entire folder and name it whatever you like.

Example original folder GH3 the other Scarlet.

When you open the scarlet GUI still it will read profiles from the gh3 profiles. Since the config files save full path. To fix this > load > from the drop down select > Scarlet folder > profiles > profile 1.

From that point onwards each GUI in each separate folder will load separate from each other.
Great thanks, that'll do the trick.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Sep 20, 2013, 01:35 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrown1 View Post
Still can't get yaw dialed any better. Every time I pitch the mr it goes a bit haywire. PID is currently 12, .05, 40 with power at 90. This is currently way too weak for decent stabilization, but it reduces the "haywire effect" when I pitch it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
It just sounds like the c of g of the mount is not balanced around the yaw axis, so as you pitch the MR, gravity is overriding the stabilisation. Alternatively, if it only happens at speed, there is an aerodynamic effect resulting in a similar problem....

When hanging from a single point, getting a good yaw C of G can be tricky if there is any flex in the gimbal, as it naturally acts like a pendulum when you tilt it....

Malcolm
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz