HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
last question for now, as everything else seems to be working well, (flite test tomrow)

how do i centre the yaw? its always 15deg of centre? does this meen re calibrating the accel?
i did the 6 point cali, but i had to take the sensor of the gimbal to do this.
If you're using follow mode, you can center it and press auto or enter a yaw offset in the box. everything is under the follow mode tab.

If you're using a second controller or joystick there is also subtrim under the advanced tab.
Blue4d is offline Find More Posts by Blue4d
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2013, 08:49 PM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrab View Post
It's wierd, I checked the output voltage on the black and red wires in the servo connector (with the three wires) and it outputs about 4.7 volts... so why do I need to solder jp1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue4d View Post
The voltage coming off the pins without connecting jp1 isn't enough to run a receiver safely. Mine had a phantom voltage from it like you describe, but until jp1 was connected it wouldn't power the receiver. (spectrum)

You can hook up your receiver and temporarily jump jp1 to note the difference for yourself, but you'll end up jumping it amhik
I noticed the board ran hotter when running a rx via jumper...I didn't like that so I'm using a recom DC converter to power the reciever just to ease my paranoia.
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ
Old Aug 14, 2013, 03:52 AM
Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
I just got my AlexMos board and I am having difficulty connecting to it in the GUI. Using the latest GUI, v2.2 b2, I flashed the SimpleBGC_2_2b2.enc.hex file, and that appears to have completed successfully.

However, when I try to connect to the board, all I see is the tx light flickering on the FTDI board. When I first plug it in, the main controller board blinks green a few times, and then another LED stays solid amber the whole time. With the IMU board wired up, the green LED on the sensor board stays solid.

Do I have a defective controller board? Can someone suggest what I might be doing wrong?
dapharsyde is offline Find More Posts by dapharsyde
Last edited by dapharsyde; Aug 14, 2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 06:50 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapharsyde View Post
I just got my AlexMos board and I am having difficulty connecting to it in the GUI. Using the latest GUI, v2.2 b2, I flashed the SimpleBGC_2_2b2.enc.hex file, and that appears to have completed successfully.

However, when I try to connect to the board, all I see is the tx light flickering on the FTDI board. When I first plug it in, the main controller board blinks green a few times, and then another LED stays solid amber the whole time. With the IMU board wired up, the green LED on the sensor board stays solid.

Do I have a defective controller board? Can someone suggest what I might be doing wrong?
I struggled through some of these things yesterday. You have to download and install the drivers for your computer system. There is a link in the manual. It creates a port for connecting. I did this operation first, but still could not connect. Figured out that I need to update the firmware on the board before it would work with the newer GUI. That did the trick, and all is good now.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:47 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,543 Posts
Quote:

Yep, you need to download the Silab windows driver, there is a link for it in the first page of this thread. And yep, the gui version must match the firmware version.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
Old Aug 14, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
Yep, you need to download the Silab windows driver, there is a link for it in the first page of this thread. And yep, the gui version must match the firmware version.
I tried that, but it didn't help. I already installed the FTDI drivers (the programming board from CSGshop appears to use the FTDI chip) and confirmed that a new virtual port is created. It is through this port that AVRdude was able to flash the board with the new firmware hex, SimpleBGC_2_2b2.enc.hex. This matches the version of the GUI I am using, so I don't know why they won't talk to one another.

I've also tried changing the baud rate settings for the com port to 115200 and 57600 but no help. I've also tried this on a Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 8 64-bit system and have the same results.

Can anyone else suggest what I might be doing wrong?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 01:42 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,543 Posts
Quote:
I tried that, but it didn't help. I already installed the FTDI drivers (the programming board from CSGshop appears to use the FTDI chip) and confirmed that a new virtual port is created. It is through this port that AVRdude was able to flash the board with the new firmware hex, SimpleBGC_2_2b2.enc.hex. This matches the version of the GUI I am using, so I don't know why they won't talk to one another.

I've also tried changing the baud rate settings for the com port to 115200 and 57600 but no help. I've also tried this on a Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 8 64-bit system and have the same results.

Just for fun, trying reflashing the board. On a PC, use XLoader and load the firmware. You will get a message saying upload failed, but that is a bug and totally normal.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
Old Aug 14, 2013, 01:44 PM
Denmark, Syddanmark, Odense
Joined Apr 2013
120 Posts
Quote:

This thread is about the viacopter/flydrino alexmos boad.. Mine dos'nt look like yours at all. I don't think its the same board! Mabye this can help you http://www.multirotorforums.com/arch...p/t-11320.html

Also if you check http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/buy/ you will NOT see CGSshop as a licensed seller
Jebus DK is offline Find More Posts by Jebus DK
Last edited by Jebus DK; Aug 14, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 02:06 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Sep 2011
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus DK View Post
This thread is about the viacopter/flydrino alexmos boad.. Mine dos'nt look like yours at all. I don't think its the same board! Mabye this can help you http://www.multirotorforums.com/arch...p/t-11320.html

Also if you check http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/buy/ you will NOT see CGSshop as a licensed seller
I have this board and was told it is an older layout, it is licensed from what I am told.
Greg Nuspel is offline Find More Posts by Greg Nuspel
Old Aug 14, 2013, 02:16 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nuspel View Post
I have this board and was told it is an older layout, it is licensed from what I am told.
Yes, CSG was an official reseller.
There are reasons why he isn't any longer...

@ dapharsyde: try to contact your dealer and ask for refund/replacement.
You obviously did everything to make it work...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kinderkram; Aug 14, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 02:22 PM
Denmark, Syddanmark, Odense
Joined Apr 2013
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post

@ Jebus: try to contact your dealer and ask for refund/replacement.
Sorry..? But im not the poor fellow.. I got mine at viacopter

But yes! Try to get a refund! Ore a paypal dispute.. Wish you the best of luck!
Jebus DK is offline Find More Posts by Jebus DK
Old Aug 14, 2013, 02:33 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus DK View Post
Sorry..? But im not the poor fellow.. I got mine at viacopter
Sorry, mixed you up. Edited my post...

Of course you ordered from a DK seller - wouldn't make much sense ordering in Latvia.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post

@ dapharsyde: try to contact your dealer and ask for refund/replacement.
I flashed it with an older version hex, the 2.1 version, and this seems to at least connect...I appear to be caught up in a dispute between developers/resellers? and the latest 2.2b hex will not work on this older board.

I will see if I can get a refund from CSGshop for this, as my original intention was to support the AlexMos project (the USA site was out of stock when I was ordering, so I ended up getting it from CSGshop).

If there are any resellers in the US that currently have the "official" board in stock, please send me a PM. I am also looking to buy another 3rd-axis expansion board, as the one I ordered from FPVModel was fried immediately when I wired it up to this (old?) AlexMos controller. Is this also a problem with old/new versions floating out there that are not compatible with one another??

I just noticed the 3rd axis expansion board from FPVModel and AerialPixels (both authorized resellers) look completely different.

FPV Model's 3-axis board
AerialPixel's 3-axis board

What's going on with this product?

Considering how smoothly my Y6 copter build went, I never thought I'd end up having so many issues with building the gimbal...
Last edited by dapharsyde; Aug 14, 2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: version 2.1 works too...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined Aug 2013
4 Posts
Hi everyone

I am having trouble with my alexmos board (genuine from funtobuyonline)
The problem is that when I yaw/pan the roll drifts. So looking from behind the camera and I pan left the camera rolls to right hand side down and left side up, its the opposite when panning right. It rolls further the further you pan, and speed also effects it. It slowly comes back level after you stop panning.

Things I have done to fix the issue: I have recalibrate using the 6 position process, and have checked that the board is level.

The gimbal was working when I first set it up, and I think this issue has come with upgrading to 2.2, but it could be coincidence. Is anyone else having this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Sam
Sams46 is offline Find More Posts by Sams46
Last edited by Sams46; Aug 14, 2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: additional info added.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:58 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,763 Posts
Really starting to dig the Alexmos board.

Ken

dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project