HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:18 AM
Joined Oct 2009
170 Posts
flaw?

May I have a question for the manufactures? – Seeing some of the videos using the AlexMoss controller I noticed not leveled horizon when the copter is in forward flight- turning.
Is it because the controller cannot cope properly with the G-force in the turn?
If I am wrong can you post a video proving properly leveled horizon in a turn?
My original picture that should dokument it did not have the system on board. This new picture has it.
PistaJ is offline Find More Posts by PistaJ
Last edited by PistaJ; Jan 30, 2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: New picture
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:39 AM
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jul 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistaJ View Post
My I have a question for the manufactures? – Seeing some of the videos using the AlexMoss controller I noticed not leveled horizon when the copter is in forward flight- turning.
Is it because the controller cannot cope properly with the G-force in the turn?
If I am wrong can you post a video proving properly leveled horizon in a turn?
The picture you posted is from the video that is not using the alexmos gimbal. You can see it in the comments on youtube:

MrKinderkram 6 months ago
It's completely RAW.
50$ gimbal and cheap analog servos that is.
dhano6 is offline Find More Posts by dhano6
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:10 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efti View Post
Can this be used together with the freeIMU 0.4.3?

http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=136

Sorry for linking to a different shop.

edit: the sensor was included..
Pleeeze, folks!
There's nothing wrong with linking to other shops but this will add up to a massive confusion!

1. Make sure to read the first posts in this thread again frequently. It says 99€ or less for the complete controller, available in 2-3 weeks.

2. Ask CSG_EU to open up his own thread to answer your question there:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=355425

The upcoming SBGC controller from ViaCopter/Flyduino will have a separate IMU and the USB will be onboard. So you'll be able to distinguish both sorts of boards: the original design from Alexmos (using an FTDI/USB connector) and the design by Felix aka ronco.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kinderkram; Jan 30, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:13 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
thin the question should be directed towards this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XTebKbhe14o

but i guess just badly tuned ?

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:19 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
thin the question should be directed towards this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XTebKbhe14o

but i guess just badly tuned ?

Boris
Dunno.
Get your answers here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1804109
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:25 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
I don't look into other threads. I have my hopes here I know i am in good hands here

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:41 AM
Joined Jun 2009
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
When building a DD gimbal for larger DSLRs how well will these inexpensive BL motors handle all the weight being forced upon them on the roll axis?
It would be mad to hang all the weight of roll + tilt mechanics + camera on small brushless motor alone. There are two routes to take:
1) Use bigger motor with better bearings and thicker shaft
2) Use separate bearings for support and the motor only for movement

I'm planning to go with option 2 although option 1 comes also to play in form of a bigger motor needed for heavier payloads. I'm still holding back since there's no controller for bigger motors & heavier loads. ~2A of AlexMos controller is not enough for motors able to move DSLR class cameras (I think).

As a side note, is there any specs for maximum amount of poles the controllers can handle? Some DualSky motors have 28 poles and I'm planning to use those for smooth operation. IF the controllers can handle that high a pole count, that is.
Trnquill is offline Find More Posts by Trnquill
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:32 AM
Joined Jun 2010
428 Posts
So we can expect them end of february ?
Would love to have that Gopro gimbal on first page !!...damn beauty.
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:10 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin.gala View Post
So we can expect them end of february ?
Would love to have that Gopro gimbal on first page !!...damn beauty.
You mean the sexy aluminium gimbal from E-Copter?
Fabien maintains a list of interested ppl on his site. His price tag is at ~500 Euros (maybe less)

The original Viacopter/Flyduino gimbal like shown in Jussi's videos will hopefully be available around mid February incl. fully intergrated all-in-one controller, rewound motors and the GoPro gimbal mechanix for 300 Euro (maybe less). The controller itself will come at around 99 Euros (maybe less).

Fingers crossed!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:36 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
Quote:
You mean the sexy aluminium gimbal from E-Copter?
Fabien maintains a list of interested ppl on his site. His price tag is at ~500 Euros (maybe less)

The original Viacopter/Flyduino gimbal like shown in Jussi's videos will hopefully be available around mid February incl. fully intergrated all-in-one controller, rewound motors and the GoPro gimbal mechanix for 300 Euro (maybe less). The controller itself will come at around 99 Euros (maybe less).

Fingers crossed!
We are probably gonna be closer to 350 with VAT for the complete gimbal, but if it turns out to be cheaper to produce than estimated, we will translate that into lower retail price.

Controllers should be ready inside the next 2 weeks - but its not a promise

We´ll also show samples of motors soon...first samples are already enroute from a well-known top brand.
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined Jun 2010
428 Posts
oohh yeah ...can't wait for that beauty.
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:44 AM
Joined Aug 2010
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
That's a nice thin cable but the connector sticks out too far. A right-angle type connector would be perfect with the thin cable.
Agreed, but I can't find any right angled mini HDMI male to HDMI femail connectors anywhere. Do you have a source? Would appreciate anyone who knows where these can be found sharing a link.
wearypanda is offline Find More Posts by wearypanda
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:47 AM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
Quote:
The upcoming SBGC controller from ViaCopter/Flyduino will have the IMU and the USB onboard. So you'll be able to distinguish both sorts of boards: the original design from Alexmos (using a separate IMU and an FTDI/USB connector) and the design by Felix aka ronco.
I hate to correct you, but:

The IMU will be included, but its a seperate unit, since it has to mount on the cam...the board is similar to Alex´s original design, but uses better Motor drivers and we took the option to add a CP2102 USB-serial converter to the board. Serial lines are still available for wireless tuning via BT or other Wireless serial link.

Pls let me and Sebastian take care of the tech questions...I know you mean well, but the facts has to be correct, or it will just add confusion...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:58 AM
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnquill View Post

2A of AlexMos controller is not enough for motors able to move DSLR class cameras (I think).

As a side note, is there any specs for maximum amount of poles the controllers can handle? Some DualSky motors have 28 poles and I'm planning to use those for smooth operation. IF the controllers can handle that high a pole count, that is.
I am pretty sure that the 2.2A /7.1A burst rating should be sufficient to swing a DSLR with a short lens, but I wont know for sure until we have had the chance to test bigger motors and rigs. We are focusing on smaller, commonly used cams to begin with.

In any case, there will be a solution for higher currents and third axis soon - but I am not gonna give it away now... stay tuned!

28 or 32 poles should not be a problem, in fact it would be an advantage in terms of smoothness and cogging tendencies. The SunnySky/DualSky motors would be my preferred choice right now for a bigger load.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:23 AM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
397 Posts
I too have seen at least one other video showing the same poor roll performance. I am sure the team are aware of this and will have this worked out before release (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
I don't look into other threads. I have my hopes here I know i am in good hands here

Boris
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ