HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:35 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistaJ View Post
Has there been any ecpected time said for orders?
Post #1 explains it all.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by recep View Post
Will you sell the controller alone?
Just clicked through some of the links on the first page and found the controller is now available for $149.

Hmm things are getting exciting
Jdmagoo is offline Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:13 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
Just clicked through some of the links on the first page and found the controller is now available for $149.

Hmm things are getting exciting
Where do you see this??

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:18 PM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
334 Posts
First page is saying: "We aim to launch the controller and IMU at 99 euro or less."
Efti is online now Find More Posts by Efti
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
298 Posts
I clicked on a link on the first page which took me to the alexmos simple BG home page, from there I clicked on 'where to buy' which gave a list of vendors, from there I clicked on the csgshop link which has the gimbal controller for $149.

Apologies for the extended explanation but not sure about linking possibly competitors shops within this thread
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:13 PM
Joined Aug 2010
171 Posts
Please make provision in the design of the Nex5 gimbal to leave enough room for a right angled mini HDMI out so that we can hook this up to a converter and then send a live picture/video down to a ground station.
wearypanda is offline Find More Posts by wearypanda
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:48 PM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
395 Posts
I'm very curious to see how they plan to handle the HDMI cable coming from the camera to the video TX. I would guess that it must be a very lightweight cable or it may cause all sorts of performance headaches on a balanced gimbal.
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:43 PM
recep
Ankara, TURKEY
Joined Sep 2005
481 Posts
I suggest using this cable it's as thin and soft as an 18awg silicone cable.
http://www.hypershop.com/HyperThin-W...tm08-black.htm
recep is offline Find More Posts by recep
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:08 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,155 Posts
Is that for the IMU and BLDC controller? Or just the BLDC controller. I can't tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
I clicked on a link on the first page which took me to the alexmos simple BG home page, from there I clicked on 'where to buy' which gave a list of vendors, from there I clicked on the csgshop link which has the gimbal controller for $149.

Apologies for the extended explanation but not sure about linking possibly competitors shops within this thread
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:11 PM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by recep View Post
I suggest using this cable it's as thin and soft as an 18awg silicone cable.
http://www.hypershop.com/HyperThin-W...tm08-black.htm
That's a nice thin cable but the connector sticks out too far. A right-angle type connector would be perfect with the thin cable.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Is that for the IMU and BLDC controller? Or just the BLDC controller. I can't tell...
Not sure sorry
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Will this gimble work with the wookong m controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
So,

I decided to take out a thread about the Alexmos gimbal system that will soon be launched from ViaCopter and Flyduino

Dont ask for preorders or lists - we are serious people, and we just dont begin to sell things that we dont have in stock Availability will be announced in good time before they go on sale.

Here are the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch2iRCWZfKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW1ElgkBiAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66S3Jotf69w

The gimbal is adjustable, so it can be balanced perfectly. It is also designed to put the lens on the exact center of the roll axis - something that is very important for aerial videography. Gimbal design by SebastianJ

Controller prototype - final version will have onboard USB and IMU will be included:

We aim to launch the controller and IMU at 99 euro or less. With a little luck we should have the controller and motors available in 2-3 weeks.

GoPro Gimbal for HeroHD and GoPro2 will be launched first. Also of course version for GoPro3. We dont have an ETA on those, since it depends on how fast our metalworking factory can produce them for us. We are shooting for them to be available inside 3-4 weeks, but its not a promise.

GoPro version is 268 grams with camera and controller. GoPro3 version will be slightly lighter.

We are currently designing gimbal for Compact and System cameras like HX9, Nex 5/5N/7 and EOS M.

Later will come versions for DSLR and Camcorders like CX730 and CX760.

Feel free to ask questions or post suggestions.

Thread shortcuts:

Motor winding info:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=151
I really like this gimble. will it work with the hex I built using the wookong M controler.
dben is offline Find More Posts by dben
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Will this gimble work with the wookong m controller?

I like this gimble and would like to know if it works with the wookong M controller. I don't understand the electronics end of this very well but I did build my own Hex and I am looking for a Gimble to use and this one seems like a great option. I just don't know what I need to make it work with what I already have.
dben is offline Find More Posts by dben
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:01 AM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
395 Posts
Interesting thought

When building a DD gimbal for larger DSLRs how well will these inexpensive BL motors handle all the weight being forced upon them on the roll axis? You have to figure the weight of the DSLR camera, camera tray, lens, tilt axis motor and arms all pushing down laterally on a single BL motor's 3 to 4 mm shaft and bearings that it wasn't design for. That's a lot of weight on a standard hobby BL motor. All that weight pushing down on the roll axis can almost double when ascending in flight and landing with the occasional hard landing.

Most of the inexpensive BL motor do not run hardened steel shafts.

I'm curious to hear which BL motors have been considered for the DSLR gimbal.

Thoughts?
Last edited by DorianJ; Jan 30, 2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:36 AM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
334 Posts
Can this be used together with the freeIMU 0.4.3?

http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=136

Sorry for linking to a different shop.

edit: the sensor was included..
Efti is online now Find More Posts by Efti