HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:10 AM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Will the version for the nex5n be able to handle the nex5n with the 1855 lens?
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:14 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Indeed, and these motors/controllers are amazing. Not sure what is harder for them, to do this (see below) or to get smooth footage from the wobbling junk frame called S-800.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78zhv8FCo24

BTW, still nobody got an answer to my question re. why these rewinded BL can do almost the same as the Maxons and at so much lower Voltage?
Its not only the motors that allow that kind of control. The controllers have full dynamic motion control capabilities , not just positioning. They have direct to axis feedback as well. Technosoft has some controllers that are capable of that kind of motion control that I have worked with in the past. It really requires some fast DSP capabilities that the AVR just wont do anyway.

With direct axis feedback though, the AVR could get pretty close and it wouldnt matter what crappy frame it was on!!!
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:25 AM
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Its not only the motors that allow that kind of control. The controllers have full dynamic motion control capabilities , not just positioning. They have direct to axis feedback as well. Technosoft has some controllers that are capable of that kind of motion control that I have worked with in the past. It really requires some fast DSP capabilities that the AVR just wont do anyway.

With direct axis feedback though, the AVR could get pretty close and it wouldnt matter what crappy frame it was on!!!
I think the Maxon Epos controller is the right stuff for this, pretty expensive.
I already asked this before but isnīt this a task for Labview to simulate the hole thing rather than coding at trial and error?
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:20 AM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
Good to know! I will have to look into it for my Canon. Though i am thinking of sucking it up and getting a GH3..
You lose in-camera control of focus and iris. These functions are manually controlled from the lens barrel, done like real filmmakers

OK back to direct drive discussion!
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:44 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts

Thank you Jussi.
I love the rendering of the gimbal and hopefully it will get into production.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:43 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jun 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
an picture, no distortion and not too wide Half the weight of the Canon 20mm and IMO a cleaner image.
Of which Nikon 20mm prime are you speaking? The Nikon AI mount or the current G mount. I have several AI mount Nikon primes that I hang on my 5D3 with great results. One thing I really like about these manual focus lenses is the large focusing throw which the new digital lenses do not have. This makes them much more like a real cinema lens except that they focus backwards from cinema lenses. The AI Mount version has the advantage of manual iris which would be my preference.
Rod Cole is offline Find More Posts by Rod Cole
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:53 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
I'm a bit confused by who's making what. Will the controllers be made by the same person/company or by anyone who pays a license fee to Aleksey?

I gather viacopter and flyduino will be selling the controllers separately?

Is e-copter making the gimbals for viacopter and flyduino?

How will you distribute the items around?
yelmarb is offline Find More Posts by yelmarb
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:20 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
Good to know! I will have to look into it for my Canon. Though i am thinking of sucking it up and getting a GH3..
The GH3 looks awesome, but I'm still pissed they made it much larger and heavier (and more expensive). Not as aerial friendly as the GH2 is.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined May 2010
255 Posts
We have a gh3, it's an amazing camera
vinnygogo is offline Find More Posts by vinnygogo
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
subscribed
jeju is offline Find More Posts by jeju
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:58 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
I think the Maxon Epos controller is the right stuff for this, pretty expensive.
I already asked this before but isnīt this a task for Labview to simulate the hole thing rather than coding at trial and error?
There are cheaper controllers that are suitable. Labview isnt ideal for simulating this either. It would work, but a lot of work involved. Matlab would be more ideal.

Actually, the Thechnosoft controllers can be programmed right in Matlab.

http://www.technosoftmotion.com/prod...in-modules.htm

The AVR/Arduino/ST Driver solution will work just fine though, it just needs better axis feedback.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:45 PM
Joined Jan 2013
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
our gimbal is designed to put the lens on the exact center of the roll and pitch axises.
Wouldn't it be around the focal point for the tilt axis?
QuadGod is offline Find More Posts by QuadGod
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:11 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadGod View Post
Wouldn't it be around the focal point for the tilt axis?
Yes, thats an error. Its centered on the roll axis, of course....
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:21 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
What does that help? If the object is some meters away (with some reasonable optic) the error in the picture is (far) below 1 pixel width. Furthermore you would have to tell the copter, that if he "wobbles" he should to it please around the "optic center" of the cam, otherwise the cam being positioned in "optic center" makes no sense.

If the gimbal is in balance that helps a lot, that the gimbal has to move the cam around itīs optic center is a forum-myth (like many others) in the internet.

best regards
Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:34 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
What does that help? If the object is some meters away (with some reasonable optic) the error in the picture is (far) below 1 pixel width. Furthermore you would have to tell the copter, that if he "wobbles" he should to it please around the "optic center" of the cam, otherwise the cam being positioned in "optic center" makes no sense.

If the gimbal is in balance that helps a lot, that the gimbal has to move the cam around itīs optic center is a forum-myth (like many others) in the internet.

best regards
Ferdinand
Yes, you are probably right - not that important after all...specially not on a wide FOV cam like the GoPro. I stand corrected
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member