SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:02 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33pz View Post
JussiH: Hey! Maybe a bit offtopic, but do you mind sharing your autoquad setup? Im thinking about building a similar hex.

What kind of booms (length) and landing gear are you using on your FCP HL frame? Do you have any building pictures etc of it? What is your average flighttimewith 4S 400mAh and the gimbal?
Please stay on topic. We have a dedicated thread and would like to keep the discussions separated:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683776

Landig gear:
http://flyduino.net/Landing-gear-made-by-FCP-shells
16mm booms and caps

kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:25 PM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
I get a lot of emails about "what motors did u use, how are they wound"

The prototype shown in our videos are using a KDA2208 12 slots/14 poles with 80 turns of 0.16mm in a 2-layer star configuration. Other people have used similar sized motors with 60 turns of 0.2mm.

The KDAs are horribly made - magnets are unevenly spaced, so they are less than ideal. I would not recommend them, but they do work.

Its important to use a motor that has as little magnetic "cog" as possible. More poles and slots are probably good. Aim for a resistance of between 5 and 10 ohms per phase, depending on intended load - we got 8ohms on our prototype.

Some motors are nearly impossible to pull apart, because the parts are glued woth epoxy and the windings covered with epoxy.

An MT2208 would be perfect, but I couldnt manage to pull it apart - I guess it was not designed with that in mind - too much epoxy. Its also a rather expensive motor to cannibalize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MnGtXJAM08
Sunnysky motors may be worth a go? I cannot fault the quality and for a very reasonable price too. There doesn't seem to be epoxy in the windings from visual inspection. They may do custom winds for a bulk order?

X2208

V3508

Soma is online now Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:37 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
Ive been eyeballing the Sunnysky and Dualsky motors for a while. I think they should work just fine, provided they dont cog too much. You can be the guy to work it out for sure.

@d33pz

The landing gear is my own custom design. As soon as I can free up some time, I will do a build log for that copter. In -10C I get about 10-12 minutes on the 4000 4S - but the copter could probably handle 2 of those if needed. General specs in the video description.
JussiH is online now Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:38 PM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Oh my god, who will be the first

Let's Chiness do it first....

http://www.fpvmodel.com/SBGC.html

Crazy world....

edit

ouuh
http://shop.jet-1a.com/index.php?cPa...0f53bd52c3201e

, I'm not working for them
tazdevil is offline Find More Posts by tazdevil
Last edited by tazdevil; Jan 25, 2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:50 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
I am happy to tell you that that Viacopter, Flyduino and E-copter will work together on controllers and motors for the Alexmos gimbal systems. This means that you will get the same controller from E-copter, and that we will offer Fabiens custom motor design with the Flyduino/Viacopter gimbal.

We have taken this step to secure a common platform with a steady supply, low prices and high quality of the European version of the Alexmos systems. I am sure this will benefit all, both manuctorers, designers and community.

Id like to thank Fabien for an open mindset - together we will be able to make the product stronger and support the platform better and offer a wider range of solutions.

Further announcements to come...stay tuned!
JussiH is online now Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:51 PM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
354 Posts
+1
Efti is online now Find More Posts by Efti
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
Oh my god, who will be the first

Let's Chiness do it first....

http://www.fpvmodel.com/SBGC.html

Crazy world....
"Main feature:

5. EXE format assistant software"

Wow. And I thought they provide it on a 2cm high pile of endless paper and you have to type it in yourself each time before you run it.

BTW, that mount seems rather bad and the video posted in that thread seems to confirm it. As expected. I'll spend my bucks in Denmark or France or both.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:12 PM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Aug 2012
247 Posts
@Miha I'm with you on spending the money in EU. I support your fight against CH copycats (back form Ecilop thread) but isn't FPV Model working under Alex's license ? Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think treating every Ch company like it's created just to copy someones work is fair....
jamac is offline Find More Posts by jamac
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:17 PM
Joined Nov 2012
198 Posts
Quote:
We have taken this step to secure a common platform with a steady supply, low prices and high quality of the European version of the Alexmos systems. I am sure this will benefit all, both manuctorers, designers and community.
Yep! best way to go forward
alfi666 is offline Find More Posts by alfi666
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:24 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,251 Posts
Quote:
I am happy to tell you that that Viacopter, Flyduino and E-copter will work together on controllers and motors for the Alexmos gimbal systems. This means that you will get the same controller from E-copter, and that we will offer Fabiens custom motor design with the Flyduino/Viacopter gimbal.

Id like to thank Fabien for an open mindset - together we will be able to make the product stronger and support the platform better and offer a wider range of solutions.

Further announcements to come...stay tuned!
Community win-win at it's best! Turn a competition into a partnership.

Someone build a sexy case for the controller to match the sexy motors & gimbalz!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:28 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post
@Miha I'm with you on spending the money in EU. I support your fight against CH copycats (back form Ecilop thread) but isn't FPV Model working under Alex's license ? Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think treating every Ch company like it's created just to copy someones work is fair....
I don't think he meant it that way - but a good call to smoothen the discussion a bit.
This is a thread about the ViaCopter / Flyduino / E-Copter solution.

Miha: please calm down or vent frust elsewhere.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:48 PM
E-Copter
Paris / Nice, France
Joined Aug 2002
2,091 Posts
Hi,

i'm glad we could move this way and want to thank Jussi and his partners for having an open mindset too

Also, the fact to kind of distribute the tasks this way helps in moving forward and focus for each one on his "speciality" , and is a first step maybe to other interesting things to work on together

Ok, time to work now, because there is a sh...t load of work to go )))

Any sponsorship from Nespresso coffee would be appreciated lol !

Best regards,

Fabien
Bricobrac is offline Find More Posts by Bricobrac
Last edited by Bricobrac; Jan 25, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:58 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Miha: please calm down or vent frust elsewhere.
Das sagt der Richtige

BTW, I know both thread titles are similar, but it pays to look where was what posted.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post
I think this refers to things posted on the other thread, so we better keep it there. Still, you are right of course, e.g. DJI did really create something new (also mentioned in the other thread).
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:14 PM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Aug 2012
247 Posts
Quote:
I think this refers to things posted on the other thread, so we better keep it there. Still, you are right of course, e.g. DJI did really create something new
It might - sorry about that. But I guess most of us track both of those threads so they might get mixed up.
jamac is offline Find More Posts by jamac