SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:34 AM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2010
1,101 Posts
Quote:
1. The landing gear is horrible. It's stiff as a rock and the screws come loose after a few landings, and if you are new and land with some sideways movement it will flip the quad.

2. The round tubes cause your motors to turn at an angle when landing, and are very hard to put back correctly.

3. The aluminium motor mounts are incredibly weak, and bend when landing.

Basically, the idea of putting your landing gear on motor mounts on round tubing sucks.
I have the Talon V2 and am loving every second of it, the landing gear is not horrible it is Great and makes it easier than cake to get the motor mounts straight. Learn to fly off smooth surfaces first then you won't flip it.

The round tube never ever turned on my quad upon any landings lol... you must be slamming yours into the ground like a hammer, and they are simpler than cake to put back.

The motor mounts are not so strong yes i agree, sufficient for flight and i never ever bent one upon landing, unless you are crashing and not landing, i only bent them when i crashed on a hard outdoor netball/basketball court and when i flew into my car once.

Furthermore the way the Frame is put together is simply genius, upon a bad crash (the basketball course one) The frame simply "gave away" instead of breaking, things would move out of place rather than break saving me parts I couldn't be happier..

Quote:
You don't have to worry about getting the motor mounts straight (like you would on the Talon)
What's to worry about ??? Once the landing gear is on all 4 motor mounts, all of them is equal length for they are precision cut, simply place the quad on level ground with all four landing gears attached and all your mounts are 100% straight. Easier than Pie.

I proudly would not mind having 10 more of these quads

Here's a nice thread on the Talon, V1 had issues, V2 is great:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=turnigi+talon
Axefly is offline Find More Posts by Axefly
Last edited by Axefly; Feb 01, 2013 at 05:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2013, 09:39 AM
United States, OR, Damascus
Joined Feb 2013
36 Posts
I have about 10 flights on my v2 tarot love the thing flys great I have never had a issue with the skids but I have it setup with a naza GPS so it is very easy to land and control
Wheems 2.0 quadcopter testing simonK esc (0 min 33 sec)

Wheems is offline Find More Posts by Wheems
Old Jul 09, 2014, 05:01 PM
Joined May 2013
130 Posts
What a great quad, what flight times are you getting? How did you go about mounting the ESC's?
Cameraj is offline Find More Posts by Cameraj