Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:51 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Discussion
Hangar 9 hellcat electric servoless retracts suggestions

Hello i have converted my H9 HELLCAT electric 6s 4000 40 C....I'm searching an electric servoless retracts for him....at a good price....
HOBBY KING have them ?
What do you think if i use the ones used on FMS 1400 HELLCAT...they can handle the weight ?
Thanks
FedericoA is offline Find More Posts by FedericoA
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:38 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
I have a pair of these to install. But i haven't got around to it yet. I just have the retracts not the struts.
http://www.rclander.com/default.aspx...d-894a058083f2

Walter
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:52 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,897 Posts
Fed see my post in eletric warbirds , I have a video and some demensions on some differant options that may work , I just added the demensins today
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:58 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,897 Posts
Walter , the retracts that you have in the picture are RC Lander . While they are stout, they are inherant with one obvious problem and one not so obvious.
1)the motor design forces you to cut the leading edge (unless ) you can move the gear back enought not to impact forward rake resulting in constant tip overs.
The second problem is that they RC Lander has a slight gap in the assembly that hold the circuit board, its not in all of them but its in many of them.
So this gap is moved left to as the gear rides along the circuit board slamming the actulators "on and off". I know this because I have the 80degree , and disassembled one set and returned them for a new set .
Rc lander has great support , great budget product and getting close to getting it right , but still with some minor problems
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:39 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
There is room for the motor in the leading edge. The problem in the Hellcat is they are bottom mount. So I need to make spacers the right height to mount them.
They operate fine on they bench, maybe I have to pull one apart.

Thanks, Walter
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:26 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Too bad these are sold out!
Look like a great option!
http://magnumrc.com/wingspan-100-deg...air-p-359.html
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:30 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Why not just use the e-flite .46 size 100 degree rotating retracts? They are metal housings. The set is recommended for the .50 size hangar 9 Corsair and the hellcat isnt that much bigger. In the specs(manual) for the gear...it states they are rated up to 9.5 pounds.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...cts-EFLG320#t1
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:21 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
I thought about it. Just have to drill out the trunions.
But those magnumrc retracts are bottom mount. Which is the same as the stock retracts. That would be and easier way to go.
W