HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
22 Posts
Just going to throw mine in to. Easy build, way better hardware with this trimaran over the ETNZ. The fit and finish is better to.

Looking forward to seeing how long the chain plates hold up, i never used the plastic ones on the ETNZ.

Also ill be running the ETNZ sails on the trimaran
Rock Lockster is offline Find More Posts by Rock Lockster
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
22 Posts
The boom on the ETNZ is jacked up from yesterdays sail, 15mph winds.
I figured there were 20+ mph gust.

Almost unsailable
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Nov 2006
525 Posts
A model shop down my neck of the woods in the uk has some in stock im going there in abit

Rock lockster you from uk?

Dan
offshore1987 is offline Find More Posts by offshore1987
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:40 AM
Joined Nov 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore1987 View Post
A model shop down my neck of the woods in the uk has some in stock im going there in abit

Rock lockster you from uk?

Dan
Nope US
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:19 AM
Joined Nov 2006
525 Posts
Just got one!! Looks awesome will start the build tonight. Far as im aware its the First kit sold in the Uk

They only had one because of the model shop workers dad works for the importa as far as im aware so they got one in early

Chuffed yes, broke YES lol

Someone may prove me wrong but im sure its the first one sold over here

Dan
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southsea
Joined Apr 2011
177 Posts
if your starting the build tonight it should be down for racing with the micro magics by this saturday !
triumphjon is offline Find More Posts by triumphjon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:25 AM
Joined Nov 2006
525 Posts
She should be on the water for friday, justt need to pick my drill up then can finish it off. So far the build seems ok gluing the rudder tube was abit of a fiddle, plus the fact that when you glue the servo tray in you cant acess the rear of the model or the front that easy

Hoping to get the hull finished by tonight, touch wood, i think all the harder bits have been done now so just the easyer bits to finish off

Dan
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:33 AM
Joined Nov 2010
22 Posts
I just weighted the boat and without a battery its comes in at 4 llbs 7 ozs.
I have a traxxas 2059 sterring servo and a hitec HS-785HB.

With the same servos the ETNZ is at 7 lbs 7 oz.

I think this boat is going to move.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Apr 2011
177 Posts
ill be interested to see how this sails , it will be good to see some proper yachts on our lake !
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:53 PM
warbirds
United States, PA, Waterford
Joined Jul 2007
86 Posts
From all the reading and vids I have seen on other trimarans and cats, If its windy I think we are going to need our swim trunks too.

Who will be the first to post a pic of the Volans...... inverted????
willey is offline Find More Posts by willey
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:03 PM
warbirds
United States, PA, Waterford
Joined Jul 2007
86 Posts
went down stairs this evening and me battons are not tickin to well poping off on the ends.

I took the heat gun and heated them up when I installed them too, looks like I am going to have to pull them and install some good double face tape.

are others having this prob? ... yet??
willey is offline Find More Posts by willey
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:36 AM
Joined Nov 2006
525 Posts
Well shes pritty much built, just a few finishing off things to do like drill the drain holes alittle bigger so the bungs fit and glue all the knots

Must say though the rig is alittle random in the way they say to use figure of 8 knots, and as soon as i tryed todo up the grub screw for the rudder it rounded so need to buy another one or two and try again

Have not fitted the two deck winchs because they looks abit silly imo Plus need to pick up a on off for the power so thats another thing to get, but once thats all done shes really for the water

Other thing to note dont much like the winch servo havnt ever used one before and they seem a faf plus can only get 50% of the bottom half of the throttle stick to work, the top half does nothing before the sails are already let out all the way, so had to do away with the top of the stick movment or it let out to much sail ( if that makes sense )

Abit of a silly mistake on my part but the main shet line hole bent thing has to be facing inbetween the rudder servo tray when fitted, i did mine at a slite angle and it hit the servo arm, so had to back the travel off alittle

Wont be puttin it in the water till maybe sunday, though im going to wait for very lite airs, as said think it will be going over a few times, even on the stand at 45% lean the rig pulls it over

Dan
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Apr 2011
177 Posts
a switch harness with a toggle switch isnt a problem , the local maplin should have both the switch and rubber boots for them , plugs and sockets are readily available from most model shops . ive some small bore plastic tubing if you need to make a new sheet line guide , ive also got some of the micro magic guides spare in my store box . jon
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
542 Posts
Our LHS had one in stock yesterday...went to open the box and snoop around a bit but there were to many other sub-boxes inside the main box. All I can really say is that it was very well packaged!
dobydog6507 is online now Find More Posts by dobydog6507
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:36 AM
Joined Nov 2006
525 Posts
Quick update, tryed the yacht on are pond earlyer, even the smallst of breezes gets the thing moving, she does sit low of the stern though, but im guessin thats normal for tri's? The back stay deck fitting is under water and the clip alittle, but the water dosnt come upto the top of the rudder plat form

Think shes going to be rather fast, next step is to try and fit it in the car in abit haha going to be either fit lile a glove or not at all if it fits will take it down to the lake for 30 mins to try her seems its light airs here at the moment ( if it fits in the car )

Dan