Joined Jul 2007
87 Posts
more....
willey is offline Find More Posts by willey
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
598 Posts
Thanks for the pics...looks pretty decent, please add more pics as things progress.....
dobydog6507 is online now Find More Posts by dobydog6507
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:50 PM
warbirds
United States, PA, Waterford
Joined Jul 2007
87 Posts
Here I took the sails and close-pinned them to the Seawind so you could compare size, they are pretty much the same other then the top is chopped.

well next is the fun part!! building, had a ton of fun building the Seawind, it was my first sailboat build, so I am excited to get started on the TT Volans hopefully start it this weekend and will post more pics as I go, talk to ya all later.

willey
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:59 PM
warbirds
Joined Jul 2007
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobydog6507 View Post
Thanks for the pics...looks pretty decent, please add more pics as things progress.....
Sure will, I do not have alot of experience with sailboats but this seams to be pretty nice, I also have a early version of the Fairwind still in the box that I planned on building but I have had my eye on this for quite a while now and when it finally came out for sale I had to have it, so this stepped in front of the Fairwind and a few airplane projects, I plan on getting on it very soon.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:14 PM
Joined Oct 2011
598 Posts
By the way...love the Seawind!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:14 PM
warbirds
Joined Jul 2007
87 Posts
Thank you, very pretty in the sun, it's done with all pearls then clear coated and hand buffed.

I wanted to add a few more close up's of the sails and hull for you guys, the plastic hull is very similar to the Seawind in type and thickness, and the sails are just a tad thicker mat. then the Seawinds sails, but still seam very pliable like the SW.

Below in the pics I clipped the Volans sails on top of the Seawind sails, so you can see the difference.

Last edited by willey; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:44 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Aug 2005
606 Posts
Wow! Thanks for perking up my dull day.

Terry
marter1229 is online now Find More Posts by marter1229
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:26 PM
Joined Oct 2011
598 Posts
Hey Willey...if Google maps is right, you are only about 100 miles from me (as the crow flys)
We should meet in the Niagra falls area and sail our Tri's.....
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:03 PM
warbirds
Joined Jul 2007
87 Posts
Yea I'm like 9mi. south of Erie, sounds like a plan, my buddy just picked up a used seawind this last weekend and we were just talking tonight about finding somewhere to go sailing with some guy's, where you from? you sail with others? I am originally from the Fredonia area, we used to go get taco's at the mighty taco then cruze up and down chippawa checkin out the chicks... LOL!!!

I sail....
Google... Bear Lake, Stockton NY - My M&D live right on the lake, great sailing there.

also... Edinboro Lake, Edinboro, PA - plus the lake that's in Waterford
Last edited by willey; Feb 06, 2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Nov 2006
543 Posts
Ace pics thanks for posting them, but stop chatin and get buildin pritty please lol Hope the build goes as well as the tri looks

Dan
offshore1987 is offline Find More Posts by offshore1987
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:53 AM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
299 Posts
If it is close to Niagara Falls, I am in.....

Quote:
Hey Willey...if Google maps is right, you are only about 100 miles from me (as the crow flys)
We should meet in the Niagra falls area and sail our Tri's.....
BrushlesHeaven is offline Find More Posts by BrushlesHeaven
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:55 AM
Joined Oct 2011
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushlesHeaven View Post
If it is close to Niagara Falls, I am in.....
You are not invited...you don't have a Tri.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:20 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,463 Posts
Willey
Did you do the paint work on your Seawind? It reminds me of really great looking fishing lures. Be great to see you do another custom paint scheme on the new boat!
Thanks for sharing all the information with use. There is another forum in the UK that is chatting about this boat. I will post a link to this thread so those guys a can see your pictures and assembly.
Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:00 AM
warbirds
Joined Jul 2007
87 Posts
Hello Boomer, yes I did paint it, I will have to start a thread on the paint job sometime, I took a few pics through the most of the process, very time consuming but I think it was worth it, something you don't see to often. One thing that sucks with a paint job like this though is when you tunk-it against the rocks when you try to retrieve it or launching.... guess I need to get higher boots!! LOL!!

You know your right, Fishing lures??? I never thought about looking at those for ideas, there is alot of nice looking lures, thanks! That sales guys will be saying.... what the hell is that guy doing taking pictures of those lures... call 911!!!!

On the painting "the new boat" that was my original plan is to repaint it, but after seeing it not so sure now cause it's pretty nice paint that's on it, for now I will probably just add to what they already have by outlining the lettering and or add some more color to it, but for the repaint I think I will wait n' see how it sails, the seawind everybody was talking very highly of how well it sails so I figured it would be worth the effort... I wasn't disappointed... nice boat! I will put a few pics on to give ya's an idea how it was painted.

UK thread... please do, the more the marry-er, I need all the help I can get!!

also.. there are a few other projects I have built and painted on my home/gallery page you might enjoy.. hope I have it visible so all can see, if not let me know, thanks again.
Last edited by willey; Feb 07, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:07 AM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
299 Posts
Ok....

Quote:
You are not invited...you don't have a Tri.
BrushlesHeaven is offline Find More Posts by BrushlesHeaven